What Kind of Traveler Are You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Kind of Traveler Are You?

Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu believed “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” But this approach is far too spontaneous for the mind behind the ancient proverb which states that “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” We all travel differently, but what type of traveler are you?

The Spontaneous Traveler Enjoys Unstructured Vacations

Just like Lao Tzu, you’re happiest when you’re flying by the seat of your pants. You feel constrained by plans and always on the lookout for the next surprise. Instead of an organized itinerary you let the city you’re in, and its people, guide your journey. You don’t see as much as organized travelers, as you’re never rushing to make a dinner reservation or tour, but you arrive home feeling much more relaxed.

The Organized Traveler Sticks to the Plan

If the ancient proverb above resonates with you, you’re definitely an organized traveler. You probably live your life on a schedule and the thought of relaxing your regime sees you break out in a sweat. You plan your itinerary months in advance, you book your hotels long before you arrive, and you pack with a checklist in hand. Your vacations run like well-oiled machine, but you do miss the local gems more spontaneous travelers typically discover.

The Top-to-Bottom Traveler Sees it All

If you’re this type of traveler, you leave no stone unturned. Rather than zooming to your destination by plane or train, you prefer the leisurely pace of road trips. You zig-zag about your route, clocking up the miles as you discover the attractions that many tourists miss. You trust your vehicle won’t let you down, but you always have the best car insurance and roadside assistance policies just in case. Admittedly you’re prone to bragging about your adventures, but your thorough journeys make you a valuable source of information for other travelers.

The Nomadic Traveler Vacations Like a Local

If you’re a nomadic traveler, you see travel as a lifestyle rather than a leisure activity. You’re probably funding your extended stay with a working vacation, or the generosity of your cashed-up parents. You immerse yourself in the culture of yourdestinations and insist you’re “practically a local” after a month or two. You’re very knowledgeable about the places you’ve been, but be warned. Your “been there, done that” attitudes can wear thin. You might know all the hip hangouts and cool cafes, but don’t forget that popular tourist attractions have merit too.

The Budget Traveler Counts Their Pennies

We all enjoy saving money while we’re away, but if you’re a budget traveler you take thriftiness to the next level. You have strict daily spending limits, and you’re always on the lookout for a great deal. You feel you can tell more about a city by its street food than its fine dining restaurants, and you’re never embarrassed to use a coupon. Your relatives also know they shouldn’t expect souvenirs when you return home. Just make sure your miserly ways don’t get in the way of your vacation fun!

Re: What Kind of Traveler Are You?

I think I'm definitely a spontaneous traveler, with a small sprinkling of top-to-bottom & nomadic traveler mixed in here and there :blush

Comment

I think am a spontaneous one as well...my mom is an organised one!
      Aada Ganja...Poora Khabis...
      Nawaz Sharif...Shahbaz Sharif :D

Comment

well i guess i am both... when it comes to holiday travel i really don’t plane it much, just pack your bags meet friends at the airport and on the plane we go...

but when i am traveling out for our bowling tournaments we plan it or rather the itinerary is already fixed, but that does not stop us having funnnnnnn
        ......Inaalillahe wa inaa alaihe raajeoun....

Comment

If my holiday plan is not well organized i don't travel.

Comment

I am a every organized traveler. No kidding but even if its a 1000 mile road trip, my wife an I reached exactly on time at our destination, that we planned for.
            People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

very spontaneous.
              “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." Albert Einstein

Comment

Well organized traveller but mostly end up spontaneous cuz of family n all
                But I think spontaneous ones enjoy more
                My Attitude :
                If you want to say bad things about me behind my back,
                Come in front of me, I'll tell you more 3:)

Comment

just came back from Phuket in Thailand. Awesome place… and what food. I will really recommend the place for families, so much to do there...
                  ......Inaalillahe wa inaa alaihe raajeoun....

Comment

When driving, Total Road Warrior, because it's always a super long drive and good sleep only comes in an actual bed. Scheduled stops include Fuel, and Meals (Lunch/Dinner), with necessary Rest Area pit stops usually one, or two.

When flying, A little more flexible. But prefer shortest flight time.
                    Boycott Indian economy. Buy Pakistani!

Comment

I was organized traveller before but now I'm more spontaneous and enjoying it.
                      Things Aren't Always #000000 AND #FFFFFF

Comment

Am definitely closest to the first..
                        Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

As much as i enjoy spontaneous travel plans..but i am organized chap when it comes down to booking for hotel and all. It gives you peace of mind when travelling..last thing i would want to worry about is..where is mr. xtron gona stay. And when i travel i make sure..i stay at nice hotel..i am bit germo-phobic and vary of where i stay.
                          "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
                          Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
                          By Royal Gala

Comment

Dil pe karte hain, dimaghon pe asar karte hain
                            Ham ajab log hain zehno main safar karte hain..

Ham wo log hain jo logo ke dilon aur zehno main safar karte hain

btw back to the topic...

I am of course a very organized person and therefore a very organized traveller (as far as I think ). But as mistakes happen everywhere..they have happened to me some times..

Comment

I'm very organized and hubby is very spontaneous. You can imagine how that works out
                              Teri hatheli par likhun mera naam tere naam par.
                              Kyunke tum dhadkan, Main dil <3 IKAY

"Andey aloo. Plebs. Peasants. Gori" - Ethan Hunt

Comment

Working...
                              X