Dual-nationality and travel to Pakistan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual-nationality and travel to Pakistan question

Hey Pakistanis who are dual nationals - have you (recently) entered and exited Karachi airport using your Pakistani passport, and had any issues with it because you used your Pk passport and not NICOP?

I have both US and Pakistani passport (currently don't have NICOP), and currently in US. I want to visit Pakistan - and called LA & Chicago embassy/consulate - both suggested getting a NICOP. The Chicago consulate even suggested to get a more expensive Pakistani visa which is ridiculous and obviously a money-making scam.

Is this really needed? Like dozens of time before I was dual national, can't I simply use my Pakistani passport to enter and exit? The Pakistani passport control don't even need to know that I am a US citizen on entry. Will they cause issues when I try to exit?

Are the embassies just saying this to get the NICOP/visa fee from me? Will the exit-control raise eyebrows because my Pakistani passport won't have a US-visa with it (since I have US-passport)

Re: Dual-nationality and travel to Pakistan question

when you try to exit they will ask you to show proof that you have either a visa or landed status at your destination........

Comment

going to Pakistan on a Pakistani Passport with a NICOP card should be OK but coming back to the US might pose a problem because you need a visa to travel to the US on a Pakistani Passport.
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
        going to Pakistan on a Pakistani Passport with a NICOP card should be OK but coming back to the US might pose a problem because you need a visa to travel to the US on a Pakistani Passport.
        Thanks. I have my US passport, which I can show to the airlines who ask for this proof.

Specifically, I want to know if someone has travelled using only Pk/US passports, without a nicop.

Comment

I have done it using PK/CDN passports without the NICOP but it was 6 years ago.

Comment

​moved to travel and tourism
            Oh Allah, give me patience and
            GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!

Comment

I think it's best to get the NICOP and not worry about the passport. This way you can travel on your US passport and show them the NICOP when you enter Pakistan. Besides, you can get a NICOP for ten years and not have to renew your passport every five years.
              Don't get mad because someone sins differently.

Comment

^ Chacha_Ghalib is correct, the NICOP is good for 10 yrs, where as Pak passport is probably good for 5 yrs.

NICOP can only be made in Pakistan with you there, unless your Parents can sponsor you in the foreign country that you are at.
                Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

I've travelled to Khi using my Pak passport and left using my British passport and have never had any issues. You'll just be asked to verify how you enteted Pakistan so you simpky just show your Pak passport when asked. This was last year.
                  “Respect is love in plain clothes.” - Frankie Byrne

Comment

I left Karachi, earlier this year, using two passports. I remember showing both my US and Pakistani passport. Wasn't much of a hassle.

Have never done the US to Pakistan trip on two passports, so I don't know how that works.

Comment

What I have heard is you can't travel on a Pakistani passport once you get a us passport cuz you can't have dual nationalities in US... But you can get NICOP n travel to Pakistan on your us passport without Pakistani visa...they ask for your NICOP on ur arrival if you have a us passport

Comment

Working...
                      X