X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~MuNiYa~ View Post
    they went from NY but I think thier agents name was Darul something too -

Egyptian guy .. Mohsin
    I think it is Darussalaam they are very comfortable for old people.
    "The point is Allah. And everything besides Allah, is besides the point."

Comment

Re: Hajj costs

and niksik this 5 - 6 gran haj ppl r talking about here is very basic one, ur kafeel/ imam has ur passport and in other words he is ur master.
      KON DETA HAI OMAR BHAR KA SAHARA FARAZ
      LOG TU JANAZAY MAIN BHI KAANDHAY BADAL'TE REHTE HAIN

Comment

well if u r going from pakistan it gonna be cheaper....around 2 lakh per person. (i used to be 80K in 1996 when my parents went for Hajj)
        "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

Yeah but you have to pay for your tickets to Pakistan also and tales hundreds of gifts for your relatives there, and you need a longer vacation.

Anyway, these people can only go from USA. Of course they will be finding out for themselves also, but I thought I should know too, for the fewtcha!
          Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by zobia View Post
            well if u r going from pakistan it gonna be cheaper....around 2 lakh per person. (i used to be 80K in 1996 when my parents went for Hajj)
            But still you have to pay for airfare from USA to PAkistan and in Pakistan it is more expensive now like around 250000 or 300000

Comment

Originally posted by X2 View Post
              I know what you are saying, but 'lavish' is not a term I associate with Hajj.
              there could be a better word i suppose. I cringe when i see that advertised by agencies
              VIP packages, Lavish accomodations.
              5 star hotels.

I dont disagree with paying extra for a more comfortable, organized, planned hajj especially if you have certain medical needs The choice of words used sound more like a honeymoon package sometimes. been reading those free desi newspapers u can pick up at the grocers and just shaking my head.
              those are crap -- if you guys decide to go let me know- me father is in the travel industry -- he'll hook it up without the desi nonsense.
              I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
              Bite Me! -- Please
              I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

Really Muniya, thanks

Maybe next year or the year after InshaAllah. Hope he doesn't decide to quit by the time we decide to go

Comment

perhaps going for hajj from US is costlier b/c duration of trip is a lot less, like 2-3 weeks , compared with going from pakistan , no ?
                  Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....
                  Doing nothing is very hard to do.... You never know when you're finished...
                  .......Come & visit me sometime..........

Comment

Why is there a difference in length of stay?

Comment

There are all kinds of "lavish" things available for VIPs guests of the royal family and various other royals. My parents are there now....I think they got a so called 'lavish' package, the tent includes heating, seperate bathroom and wireless internet! You can also get a jeep to be parked by you in Arafat and then if it gets clod you can go in the jeep. But its nothing compared to what the royals get, whose tents are said to resemble rooms in five star hotels. Can it still be called a 'pilgrimage' when its so 'lavish' that's for God to decide I guess....

Originally posted by X2 View Post
                      I know what you are saying, but 'lavish' is not a term I associate with Hajj.
                      there could be a better word i suppose. I cringe when i see that advertised by agencies
                      VIP packages, Lavish accomodations.
                      5 star hotels.

I dont disagree with paying extra for a more comfortable, organized, planned hajj especially if you have certain medical needs The choice of words used sound more like a honeymoon package sometimes. been reading those free desi newspapers u can pick up at the grocers and just shaking my head.

Comment

^^ i guess packages r offered + prices r adjusted depending on the origin of trip and length of stay.

i've always seen people from U.S tend to have one which offer a stay of 2 weeks or so, whereas those going from pakistan r offered packages for a duration of 5-6 weeks , i'm not sure y , but i think that has something to do with the cost of trip
                        Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....

Comment

I think a lot of people who go from Pakistan also go with the intention of making a holiday of the trip, whereas people from the US barely get enough vacation to make the trip let alone spend more time there...

Comment

But the actual hajj process, how long is that.

Sorry I sound so foolish and ignorant

Comment

nik u better ask that in religion , i think there r certain fardh & sunnah to fulfill , fardh or actuall hajj n arafat n minah with tawwaf is hardly 4-5 days, not sure about sunnah associated with it , also due to huge no of people it's hard to plan anything by yrself so one has to follow either one of accomodating packages that r offered, also hajjis go for ziarat e madina , which is again 4-5 days or 40 namaz etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Niksik View Post
                                But the actual hajj process, how long is that.

Sorry I sound so foolish and ignorant
                                Actual hajj is 4 or 5days and as Nabbi liked it most people go before or after hajj to MAdinah so the minimum package you will get for hajj is 10 days I think which you should have and if you want you can get 4 days package too.But its always good to visit Madinah too.

Comment

Working...
                                X