Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Los Angeles

Anyone from Los Angeles? I am here and would like someone to show me around in his/her car.

Re: Los Angeles

I am from Los Angeles, but I am in London now LOL! I can tell you around though, where you wanna go/see? Where in LA are you staying? Downtown, Hollywood, West Side?
    *Life is not living when you don't live it*

Comment

Originally posted by mustanamalik View Post
      Anyone from Los Angeles? I am here and would like someone to show me around in his/her car.
      I think going with someone in his/her car or even anyone offering you that is kind of on the dangerous side. Don't you remember your Ami's advice..."don;t go with strangers"

Anyway you can ask about suggestions for places from our LA guppies
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

car kyuon jeee, Mustana jee aap kay Limousine hire ker laytay hain..

Comment

Well, I am staying in Venice. Went around Santa Monica, Bev hills, Wiltshire, Sunset and Hollywood Blvd's. But all in buses Car rental is cheap but I don't have license.

Bunnyhoney, can you tell me the best place for Pakistani food in L.A.? I am having Fish Tacos, BK and Mcdonalds for last few days.

Comment

venice hmmm seen any hippies or hare krishna folks yet?

closest paki place to you is this Bilal Hilal: Bilal Cuisine

their address is on their website:
            1117 W Manchester Boulevard Suite G
            Inglewood, CA 90301
            Tel: (310) 641 - 4435

next, closest is Al Watan
            13619 Inglewood Ave, Hawthorne 90250
            Btwn W 136th & W 137th St

Phone: 310-644-6395
            I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Well last I was in LA - There wernt any paki restaurants - not that I remember anyway. However there is an Asia Food Store on Venice Blvd, that sells halal groceries. Also, the only Asian/Pak food there was, was inside the Santa Monica Mall food court, on the left as soon as you walk in, they were Indian Panjabis that did the standard stuff, but I heard they are not there anymore. You can try the Mall in Culver City, but to be honest, youre outta luck from what i remember. You could try downtown LA, or better still go to the Asia Food store on Venice and cook up a nice Halal feast. Enjoy.

Well, I am staying in Venice. Went around Santa Monica, Bev hills, Wiltshire, Sunset and Hollywood Blvd's. But all in buses Car rental is cheap but I don't have license.

Bunnyhoney, can you tell me the best place for Pakistani food in L.A.? I am having Fish Tacos, BK and Mcdonalds for last few days.

Comment

Baja Fresh is good.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Abi View Post
                  venice hmmm seen any hippies or hare krishna folks yet?

No. They have invaded London...hehehe.

Comment

Pioneer blvd in Artesia has tons of desi restaurants. I am not sure about halal, but there has got to be something pakistani
                    One day I woke up and found myself famous....

Comment

You can always check out pak/halal restaurants on zabihah.com. They have all the locations plus ratings as well.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind suggestions.

When I was to board my flight to LAX from Hong Kong Airport, I started laughing looking at strange people gathering at gate.....like all were BHANGEEEES (sleepy).....they had loud coughs, big black fat tall men in shorts, other goras in shorts, chappals with big tummys and sun glasses. I also saw some gays....

After reaching LAX, it was even more a JOKE. U.S. Immigration wants everyone to be smiling in USA. Well.... how can u smile after 14 hours in plane. I was a bit stiff but he said something and I started smiling.......

At Venice, even more strange creatures.....

It feels like HOME in America. Very nice people. Best place to live I think!

Comment

Al-watan restaurant serves very good paki food! Also, Shahnawaz restaurant in Lakewood (close to Pioneer Blvd.) is famous for its Sunday buffet!

Shahnawaz Restaurant
                          12225 Centralia St, Lakewood, CA 90715
                          (562) 402-7443

Comment

you have to remember he has no driving license and has to travel via bus, so from Venice to pioneer / shahnawaz etc is 30+ miles and he'll spend half a day or more just travelling to and from
                            I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

LA and Public transit = no no.

I didnt know about this shahnawaz place. Thanks dudes.

Comment

Working...
                              X