London Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Travel

[FONT=Verdana]I am visiting to London next week for few days; can anyone give me guides to the desi food and things to do in London?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Re: London Travel

Where are you visiting from?

Desi food as in Pakistani/Indian desi or just Halal food?

I personally have never eaten out at an Indian/Pakistani restaurant in London so cant really suggest anything. However, if it's just halal food, Edgware Road is still the place to be. The actual road stinks nowadays cos of all the sheesha rankness, but its not too bad.

Desi stuff...Greent Street and Southall. Havnt been to Green Street for a while, but I prefer it over Southall. Unless you like Jalebi's (Southall- Jalebi Junction) stick to Green Steet. Theres Ealing Broadway too, but I havnt been there much or and Brick Lane for food, but iv never been there.

General London stuff...Harrods, Buckingham Palace, The National Portrait Gallery (Free entry), The British Museum (free entry), National History Museum (free entry), The Science Museum (free entry) - ( dont you just love the free entries...and they are all the most amazing museums in the world)

I dont really know else to recommend as I dont know what type of stuff your into.

Oooo Somerset House has just opened their outdoor ice rink! I have always wanted to go even though I cant skate, but no one will go with me!
    OMG Paki!

Comment

[FONT=Verdana]Well I am coming from USA. I just wanted to know Movie Theaterís and some nice Pakistani style chapli kabobs as I have no clue where it will be. I heard Khan Babaís kabobs are very good. May be someone can recommend. Am I too far if staying 3miles from LHR airport?[/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Comment

aww im going to watch 'wicked' at Broadway at the weekend hopefully...

Comment

west london Hounslow is the place you should go. It also depends where you are staying. there are many places. Green street, upton park, ilford in east London (I dun recomend it though). Hounslow & Southall in west LOndon. Tooting Broadway & Tooting Becs in South LOndon. Edgware road and Tottenham in central & North London.
          Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

^hm u found a better Avatar...i prefered yesterdays one...

Comment

Originally posted by Colourful eyes View Post
              ^hm u found a better Avatar...i prefered yesterdays one...
              which one? I had 3 yesterday.
              Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Visit London - the official website for London - explore now Ugh!
                ...baat jisame, pyaar to hai, zehar bhi hai.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophanez View Post
                  which one? I had 3 yesterday.

the bachha one with the six pack....

Comment

Working...
                  X