Moving to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Denver

I am moving to denver before June since i am getting placed with a company there. I have a question for somebody Knowledgeable. What car/truck should i buy? Should i rent out an apartment? (i will be staying there for 2 years). What should i prepare myself for?(people...culture....e.t.c as compared with newyork).

Any additional info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GAMMA D
    hamein to apno ne loota gheron mein kahan dam tha....mera scooter wajja wahaan jahaaN rashh kamm tha......

Re: Moving to Denver

1. Subaru or some All Wheel Drive
    2. Rent a studio
    3. Buy Skis
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

why all wheel drive ?

list out ur needs Gamma. Will u need to move stuff around ? do u want more utility or do u like something sporty ? Is reliability a real big issue ? warranty ? and how much are u willing to spend ?

if ur just going to be there for two years then an apartment would probably be a better option than a house.

Comment

You are going to Denver from NYC? You are going to be bored out of your skull! Good luck. Mile high city is a tad boring.

Comment

Jee ayaaN nooN!
          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad
            1. Subaru or some All Wheel Drive
            2. Rent a studio
            3. Buy Skis
            4. Get a gf
            Destroy Jihadism, Save Pakistan.
            “aur Kionkay Pakistan Islam Kay Naam par banaya Tha aur is mein Hamari Marzi Ka Islam Nahi Hay, Is liye Is Ko Islam kay Naam Par Hi Torein Gay”

Comment

Gammay, if you haven't been at mile high altitude before, it might take a while to get used to. If you are runner, you will notice the thin air more so. If your skin reacts to the dryness, consider buying cataphyll or something similar in bulks. The weather here is nothing like the coasts, and even though snow storms can be harsh we have some very beautiful days in the winter & summers are always fun. It often gets windy with gusts up to 50+ miles per hour, so a good wind breaker is worth investing into.

The AWD cars come in handy especially when going into the Rockies of hiking or skiing. Most households here have at least one. If you can’t afford or do not want to buy an AWD, at least avoid rear wheel drives or else stay in the city.

Denver has about everything a big major US city offers including traffic and desis, which both can be avoided once you have been here long enough.
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee

Denver has about everything a big major US city offers including traffic and desis, which both can be avoided once you have been here long enough.
                Hahah!

Comment

If you see Madhuri in any mall there, slap her for me.
                  charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
                  zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Working...
                  X