Avis Car Rentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avis Car Rentals

What have your experiences been with Avis? Also I have some queries regarding their terms and condition:

Renter's Qualification

Minimum age to qualify for rental is 21 years with an Avis honored charge card and valid driving license. An international driving permit is also required for Non Pakistani license holders.

Will a uk driving licence do?

Terms Of Payment

No cash rentals. Only AVIS and AVIS honored charge cards accepted towards payment of rentals. We accept American Express, Visa , Master card and JCB as Avis honored cards.

What if I can't pay by the above payment methods?
    Last edited by coolmunda; May 25, 2005, 08:33 AM.
    Geo aur Jeenay Do

Re: Avis Car Rentals

Can any1 list website links of other car rental companies in pakistan especially in Rawalpindi/Islamabad.

Thanks
    Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

Originally posted by coolmunda_2000
      Will a uk driving licence do?
      No. In addition you will need an international driving permit, which can be issued by your local driver's association (I think in the US or UK they call it AAA).

Apart from that: I don't think you should rent your car through Avis. It's too expensive and they will only give you the car if you pay by credit card.

There are so many other car rental services available in Pakistan, but they don't have websites so you can't book your car online. If you really want to have that online facility then I'm afraid Avis is your only option.
      The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Originally posted by Umer
        No. In addition you will need an international driving permit, which can be issued by your local driver's association (I think in the US or UK they call it AAA).

Apart from that: I don't think you should rent your car through Avis. It's too expensive and they will only give you the car if you pay by credit card.

There are so many other car rental services available in Pakistan, but they don't have websites so you can't book your car online. If you really want to have that online facility then I'm afraid Avis is your only option.

Thank you Umer, Why won't Avis accept cash? I was only wanting to rent it for a day or two (special occasion).

I'll check my local driver's association for the international driving permit. - btw do other car rental companies ask for this aswell?
        Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

- it's the AA, thanks for that!
          Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

Can any1 provide me with a list of reliable car rental services in Rawalpindi?
            Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

Working...
            X