Clear All

Thandiyani

Where is it and who has been there?
    Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Re: Thandiyani

Near Abbotabad. Nice place.

Comment

What about accomodations? can you fly? places to see, visit, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Verizon
        You can go to alot of places from thandiyani. Abbottabad and all the galiyat areas are close by from there too. Its very beautifull.
        Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Originally posted by Verizon
          Verizone, You can either fly to Islamabad or Peshawar and then hire car or van to go there. It is nice spot
          There is always a moral in every story

Comment

Like the name suggests, its cool boy, & these few months are the best time to visit...r u transiting Dxb by any chance...?
            I raced @200kph, crashed & survived. If you havent seen God, your not driving fast enough.

Comment

there is nothing but a mountain top with a few huts on top. no drinking water. no electricity. only trees and cold air and a horse to sit on. better sit in a green room with the a/c on.

Comment

i mean if you are in abbottabad, then it is worth a visit. but coming from far far away just to see thandiani is not recommended. there are much better places to go to.

Comment

I went two years ago. Very beautiful and peaceful place. Definitely recommended.

One thing you must do is to book the huts and camping site. there are only few of them and they are booked for most of the season. So you have to do the advance booking
                  Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

answer my question
                    I raced @200kph, crashed & survived. If you havent seen God, your not driving fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal1k
                      answer my question
                      No I usually take direct NY-Isl using PIA. The reason I asked about Thnadiani was to see how many people knew about it. I have backpacked all the way to thandiani from atd. Well actually Kalapani to thandiani. It is indeed a beautiful place, there is also a church and a library that I hope is still intact. I was in my early teens when PTV setup a booster in Thandiani and took Helicopter rides while road was being built. It used to be a mule track initially. With suzuki power the landscape of pakistan changed and where only jeeps and mules would take equipment to thandiani now all of a sudden there were suzukis and camp sites.

I guess I was going through pictures of what was thandiani and what it has become and figured if some of the guppies knoew the area and were from that area.
                      Last edited by Verizon; May 24, 2005, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I went a long time ago, its really beautiful.
                        main nay apnay iradoon ke shikasat say khuda ko pehchana hai (hazrat Ali)

Comment

Verizon: I been there. If you go via Abbottabad then you can drive upto this really dangerous route too thandiyani on your way there you will by pass a place called kala pani. You can get hot tea and somasa from the corner shope and enjoy viewing waterfall. Nothing much to do. That route takes you to natiya gali and to muree. So you basically trying to go to muree from abbottabad. But the route is so unsafe very very narrow road and I would not go there again ever.(infact we return after driving 20min ahead from kalapani.(not worth a trip).

Comment

Working...
                          X