Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to stay in Lahore!

Hello,

I am going pakistan in June and will be staying over in lahore for a few nights with my wife.. However Im looking for a nice hotel.. Im currently looking at PC or Avari.. But I cant make my mind up on the two.. Is there anyone who has stayed at both, and if so recommend me which I should stay at...

Also there are a few other things I wanna do in Lahore, one is go to Wagah.. How difficult is to get from LAhore, from one of these hotels say.. Is there a bus service or shall I take a taxi.. and what time shall I go..

Any other advice about lahore will be most appreciated..

Cheers

Re: Where to stay in Lahore!

marriot?
    thanks for pulling head outta your ass long enough to read my post, then highlighting & reading this. Signed:
    -faizy

Comment

marriot.. hmm never thought about that.. where is the location of that.. and whats so special about it!!

Comment

since u heard PC and avari.. whats so special about THEM?

if u're going JUST with wife.. and no jhamaila of kids.. find a lil motel/apartment-type structures..
        thanks for pulling head outta your ass long enough to read my post, then highlighting & reading this. Signed:
        -faizy

Comment

faizy - well ive been recommended both these hotels by mates who have actually stayed in these hotels.. as Im going with the wife.. well its kinda like our mini-honeymoon.. i got married in march in pakistan, but im going back to see her.. so thought i might as well book a nice comfy hotel rather than some shoddy motel!!

Comment

hmmmmmmm.. so wife's touch and presence is not over-the-value-of where u stay at?

then stay at ANYONE that has a counter at the airport.. first one that u see that is.. simple..
            -faizy

Comment

bloody hell... why u being akward.. have i started an offensive topic!!

Comment

faizy...why r u acting kunjoos man! The guy wants to stay high class then let him be man!

Faddy. Excellent choice. Although I would recommend P.C. Avari is alright too... but personal reasons I guess... P.C has better food courts...lotsa variety compared to Avari. Avari is good too, although I like the oriental food better at Pearl continental. U can ask them for the help regarding tours around the city or the border...they will help! Honey moon suites should be available at P.C. Do ask them and best of lucks!

Happy Honey Mooning!!!

Need more tips, just shout!
                Last edited by DB; May 12, 2005, 12:44 PM.
                **Chindakha pa lotay okhata, no wai chay: "Yera kabul may okatho!!"**

Comment

Pure curiosity, what is the price range of these hotels?
                  I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

PC is THE place to stay in lahore
                    a bit expensive though - around PKR 12000 - standard double room
                    If every country in the world is in debt
                    Where the hell did all the money go !!

Comment

what about Holiday Inn , is that any good? I've heared its located in the heart of lahore? The cost per night isn't that high either:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...uestid=1741687
                      Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

Yes! It is situated in the heart of Lahore but the heart itself is getting congested. Because of its location, avoid it.

Out of the Avari and PC, PC is better by far. The recently furnished lounges and halls look great. The food is better than Avari. The only Lamborghini Murcielago I have seen in Pakistan was outside the PC Lahore.

By the way, if you are passing through Dubai and plan to stay there, do stay in Avari Dubai. It is a delight.

There is no Marriot in Lahore.

Comment

PC is by far the best hotel in Lahore. Avari is not bad but no comparisons with PC. Ask pc staff and they will arrange cars for you if you want to go to Wahga etc.

There is no marriott in Lahore to date although there are plans for a Serena.
                          The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchDr
                            Yes! It is situated in the heart of Lahore but the heart itself is getting congested. Because of its location, avoid it.
                            How much does it cost to stay in Holiday-inn? I thought it would be easier to get to various places in lahore if one stayed there.
                            Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

PKR 12000 per night is expensive.
                              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                              X