Travelling with a cat from Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling with a cat from Pakistan

Has anyone travelled with their cat or some other pet from Pakistan to another country? I have read some official documentation but would want to learn the procedure and expenses from someone who had first hand experience.

Thats an interesting scenario. I would love to know

Leme ask from few cat lovers in contacts. I'll get back if there is any update
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Depends on the country you're travelling to and their laws regarding importing pets.

At most, they will ask for a certificate from your local vet stating that pet can safely travel, a 30 days to 12 month rabies shot, and import an permit if applicable.
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

I have to bring the cat to the US. I have seen many people bringing their pets and the requirements are quite clear too when it comes to US airports. I am looking for information regarding airport in Pakistan as they'll be the ones who'll have to allow the cat first.

Comment

One thing that I have discovered is that one cannot travel with their cat on long-haul flights from Pakistan. In order to move a cat from Pakistan to another country, one must use services of an International Pet and Animal Transportation Association (IPATA) agent. There are plenty of such agents in Pakistan so I would use extreme caution in selecting a reliable and dependable agent. In order to get a list of them, search "pet relocation services pakistan".

Comment

Working...
          X