No announcement yet.

Banff and Jasper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That rafting seems intense. I need more like class 3 at best for my youngest So we did Lake Louise and the Banff Gondola last time. Dont want to go back to Johnston Canyon. May spend more time in Moraine. SO CONFUSING! May go again to Lake Louise. HopIng to make it to the teahouse. I am looking into the Toe of the Athabasca Glacier Hike en route to Jasper on Icefield Parkway.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. In Banff we did the Lake Agnes Tea House Hike. It was actually more steep than I thought it would be but kids managed fine. We had a surprise rain storm but luckily had our rain jackets. It gets COLD fast in the mountains, we learned the hard way in Many Glacier.

Oh and Athabasca Glacier was awesome too! Super crowded on the main trail but we ended up doing slightly longer hike from across the Icefields Visitor Center. Canadian Rockies are amazing.

PS. We ended up eating at Haldi in Jasper and next morning tried to get food at Andaaz but wait was too long. The Sun Cafe in front is Amazing though and I am glad as they had amazing teas.

Comment

PS. I hate saying this but OMG some of the intense desi crowds at Lake Louise were so annoying! So aggressive and so pushy and shovy just for a selfie or picture. We hiked further in to get away from the crowds. Ran into few in Moraine as well. Literally almost pushed my kid down just to get a picture. I gave them a piece of my mind and the dad apilogized....jeez

Comment

Attached Files
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Louise Bee Hive.jpg I had climbed up to Bee Hive that is Twice the distance as the Tea House and gets much steeper. The social fabric of our city has completely changed we are taking in a phenomenal number of immigrants from India. Some communities are 90 percent people of Indian origin.

Bee Hive.jpg

Comment

The Beehive would have been too much. It started pouring about 1/2 way up Lake Agnes Teahouse. The rocks got very slippery and I won't talk about the horses. Hiking sticks saved us! We also did the Valley of 5 Lakes full loop. Despite being a pretty emerald color, they were a bit murky. Lake Forum was our favorite with the dock. Kids just played a bit and we had to hurry as we wanted to be out before sunset. The fear of bears was VERY real even though we hadn't even seen 1.

20220829_181530.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Afro-Sheen View Post
                The Beehive would have been too much. It started pouring about 1/2 way up Lake Agnes Teahouse. The rocks got very slippery and I won't talk about the horses. Hiking sticks saved us! We also did the Valley of 5 Lakes full loop. Despite being a pretty emerald color, they were a bit murky. Lake Forum was our favorite with the dock. Kids just played a bit and we had to hurry as we wanted to be out before sunset. The fear of bears was VERY real even though we hadn't even seen 1.

20220829_181530.jpg
                I prefer going to Jasper as it is not as crowded. I am happy that you had a good time. Your kids are troopers to have completed those hikes
                If you ever get a chance go to Tofino and Uclelet. My favourite places on earth. I will ost pictures for you later

Comment

I hope you didn’t take the horse trail up! I did that once by mistake and it was not very pleasing

Comment

I guess we took the horse trail. I didn't know we had another option...must have missed it. While it was nice to see the horses their poop was intense!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Afro-Sheen View Post
                      I guess we took the horse trail. I didn't know we had another option...must have missed it. While it was nice to see the horses their poop was intense!!!!
                      OMG!! Afrosheen, I still have bad feelings about one time I mistakenly took the horse trail coming down. It rained and it was so muddy and slippery on horse poop. The people trail is so much fun. But hey you guys are tougher than I thought you would be lugging along two little champs. This experience you are giving them is worth more than millions. They will carry this tradition on. My kids now go with their friends.
                      I was about to warn you about the horse trail.

Comment

Working...
                      X