Banff and Jasper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banff and Jasper

Please give any advice on things to see or places worth stopping for from Banff, Alberta CA to Jasper National Park. Making a last minute trip. What are some must see spots on Jasper? (Hoping Bobby sees this) Anything off the beaten path? Traveling with kids ages 9 to 15 that love hiking and kayak/canoes. Any place not as gimmicky and crowded as Lake Louise? Thanks!!

Athabasca Glacier, there is also a new look out on highway 93A, with glass floors. I love valley of 5 lakes hiking. There are 2 lakes by Jasper Park Lodge. A coffee at Jasper Park lodge would be fabulous, Jasper Gandola is awesome also. My boys did some white water rafting in Jasper. Lake in Jasper, you can swim in

Lake Louise is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Bring lots of food as no eating places in between. I will post pictures on Forum for you. There is a new Indian restaurant in Jasper. You should buy groceries and food at IGA in Banff. My boys were not fussy so I would take canned tuna, Hummus, pita bread with me. For years now we are camping but to stay in Jasper for large family, there are gorgeous bungalows on the roaring river. I think they are called roaring river chalets.

Comment

image.png

Lake Louise Hike, Going up to Tea House is 3.5 Km, would be tough with kids, Going around lake is good. I have coffee and baked goods at the most amazing Hotel there.

Comment

image.png

Comment

Athabasca falls

image.pnghttps://pak.gupshup.org/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Comment

image.png

Comment

Coffee Shop Lake Louise

image.png

Comment

Athabasca falls

image.png

Comment

Cooking Two Jack Lake

image.png

Comment

Boys white water rafting Jasper

image.png

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Lake Louise is gorgeous but it was packed with crowds last time we went in 2019. My kids should be able to do the hike to the teahouse but do you think that is the best hike? We have about 2 full days in Banff before driving up to Jasper. We did it last minute so hoping to still have fun Inshallah

Comment

Originally posted by Afro-Sheen View Post
                        Thanks for the tips. Lake Louise is gorgeous but it was packed with crowds last time we went in 2019. My kids should be able to do the hike to the teahouse but do you think that is the best hike? We have about 2 full days in Banff before driving up to Jasper. We did it last minute so hoping to still have fun Inshallah
                        Johnston Canyon just off Banff is good also, maybe packed also. I go around the river and the falls in Banff and that is quite gorgeous. I like taking Gandola in Banff, its gorgeous. Many people climb it up. If you haven't been up that Gandola, you need to, its breath taking. Banff is a lot more commercialized than Jasper. You wont see as many tourists in Jasper. That Drive is stunning. I pick up roast chicken at IGA grocery store, much cheaper than eating out.

Comment

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/cana...to-upper-falls

This is the Johnston Canyon. Lake louise hike is the best. Sulphur mountain, you can go up walking, come down on Gandola, or go up Gandola, come down walking.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/cana...mountain-trail

Comment

Valley of 5 lakes is an absolute wonder and no crowds, most don't know about it.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/cana...ive-lakes-loop

Comment

This is a nice snap of the rafting. Boyz are braver than the parents..lol

image.png

Comment

Working...
                              X