Summer vacation plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer vacation plans?

Salamz. We finally have time where the dark clouds of Covid are tearing down and the brightness of hope and healthy living is shining upon most of us. A good summer that we can actually enjoy is upon us. Oh well most of us again since Aus/NZ will have winter.

Either way, its a good time to plan for a vacation, a trip possibly somewhere. Whats on your mind? Any individual or family trips?

I was reading yesterday that due to heavy flocks of attendees the big national parks here in US are shutting down the gates. How about you guyz?
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

We're still waiting in line to get our vaccine. I've gotten my first shot, while the wife is still on the waiting list. So, this summer will be a bummer for us.

We had planned on spending Christmas and NYE in New York City last year, but COVID-19 decided otherwise.

If the wife gets her 2nd shot by mid-July, will try to squeeze in Italy by September. I've always wanted to do a tour of the Pagani factory in Modena. I've been to the Ferrari museum in Maranello, and the Lamborghini facility in Bologna.

Italy really is God's gift to mankind.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hope it works out well. Cant wait to see some pics

Nopes..no plans.
    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
      Nopes..no plans.
      Wassalam. how about later in the year? How is covid situation there? I know in canada they are still not out of the woods yet. so dont blame them for not making any plans

Comment

Unfortunately Covid19 is being used as an excuse by some countries to make travel more difficult from some countries. UAE seems to be the worst offender in this regard. UAE has allowed flights to/from India, despite far worse Covid19 situation in India. Yet they have not resumed flights from Pakistan yet. I read how so many Pakistanis are loosing their jobs in UAE due to these restrictions. Also UK astonishingly had put Pakistan on Covid19 Red List weeks before India earlier this year, despite Pakistan having far fewer cases. It looks like as if Indians are incharge of these countries. I often hear how even White House now looks like Patel Brothers from the inside.

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          Yikes! lol @ patel bros

How about yourself director sahab? Got any summer vacation plans?
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

Wassalam. how about later in the year? How is covid situation there? I know in canada they are still not out of the woods yet. so dont blame them for not making any plans
          Nothing planned yet.
          Covid situation is kinda okay here.. we're out and about with the necessary precautions.
          Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post
            How about yourself director sahab? Got any summer vacation plans?

Not really as much as I badly want it. But we do have our yearly family vaca booked, one in upstate NY and another in PA. But as such no trips yet.

Although I heard people are going nuts visiting here n there. It looks like no one wants to sit inside. The traffic is quadrupled. For upcoming july 4th weekend even there is no rental cars available. Crazy!

Comment

Not really as much as I badly want it. But we do have our yearly family vaca booked, one in upstate NY and another in PA. But as such no trips yet.
              At this point, I just want to be able to get on a plane, and check in to a hotel, lol.

Although I heard people are going nuts visiting here n there. It looks like no one wants to sit inside. The traffic is quadrupled. For upcoming july 4th weekend even there is no rental cars available. Crazy!
              A lot of people have been trapped indoors for over a year now, so all of this was to be expected. Flights to London here are going for 5x their normal rate, and its only going to get worse.

Anyways, happy 4th of July!

Comment

• SID_NY
                SID_NY commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! happy 4th.

Salamz. We finally have time where the dark clouds of Covid are tearing down and the brightness of hope and healthy living is shining upon most of us. A good summer that we can actually enjoy is upon us. Oh well most of us again since Aus/NZ will have winter.

Either way, its a good time to plan for a vacation, a trip possibly somewhere. Whats on your mind? Any individual or family trips?

I was reading yesterday that due to heavy flocks of attendees the big national parks here in US are shutting down the gates. How about you guyz?
              Wailikum Salam Sid! Insh'Allah..planning to go to Mexico for short trip. And os ke baad Pakistan October mein. I wanted to drive down to chi-town but borders are closed!!
              "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
              Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
              By Royal Gala

Comment

• SID_NY
                SID_NY commented
                Editing a comment
                wow mexico trip must be super nice. Where are you intending to go exactly? So many good beaches
            Working...
            X