Post COVID-19 Travel Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post COVID-19 Travel Plans

Assuming there is light at the end of the tunnel, what are your post-coronavirus travel plans?
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Originally posted by a7mado View Post
    Assuming there is light at the end of the tunnel, what are your post-coronavirus travel plans?
    Sure......but What if that Light at the END of the Tunnel is a Head Light of a ........TRAIN?.....

Well all kidding aside ...... one of my Friends
    last year before this Bat VIRUS Pandemic from China...

He actually wanted to Visit Kashgar China via the Karakorram Hiway, which is now called the CPEC Road!

His plans were dashed at the Border Post on Khunjerab Pass,

arriving there all exited to cross into "Cheen".........

The Pakistan Immigration Officer told him his NICOP card had expired......

needless to say his plans of visiting Cheen was dashed!..

KhunjarabPass.JPG

So that is one OPTION to travel the Highest Road over the 15000 ft Pass............
    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

We'd wanted to travel to Pakistan in 2020 to attend a cousins wedding but that plan went down the drain when Covid hit. To be honest, I don't feel like traveling anywhere any time soon(minus for Umrah and Hajj). Things feel so chaotic at the moment and all I want is some mental peace and planning a trip in itself is chaotic. Traveling is exciting but not really peaceful.
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post

Sure......but What if that Light at the END of the Tunnel is a Head Light of a ........TRAIN?.....

Well all kidding aside ...... one of my Friends
        last year before this Bat VIRUS Pandemic from China...

He actually wanted to Visit Kashgar China via the Karakorram Hiway, which is now called the CPEC Road!

His plans were dashed at the Border Post on Khunjerab Pass,

arriving there all exited to cross into "Cheen".........

The Pakistan Immigration Officer told him his NICOP card had expired......

needless to say his plans of visiting Cheen was dashed!..

So that is one OPTION to travel the Highest Road over the 15000 ft Pass............
        Khunjerab pass is a stunning place, the entire journey from Islamabad is one to remember. passu cones, fairy meadows, Karakoram highway, all of it is worth doing. I've done a few of the northern areas in 2016. However, I've been yearning to go back ever since and explore more.
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
          We'd wanted to travel to Pakistan in 2020 to attend a cousins wedding but that plan went down the drain when Covid hit. To be honest, I don't feel like traveling anywhere any time soon(minus for Umrah and Hajj). Things feel so chaotic at the moment and all I want is some mental peace and planning a trip in itself is chaotic. Traveling is exciting but not really peaceful.
          I find Maldives to be the easiest 3 to 4 day trip to plan, all you do is sit in your seaside villa all day and chill. You could do a few activities but if you want to chill, there is nothing than white sandy beaches and clear blue water.

There are a few Islands in the African subcontinent that are worth visiting as well, if you just want to relax and get away from it all. I enjoy Island life, its peaceful. I could spend my entire life laying in a hammock by the beach, drinking cocktails and doing nothing.

Comment

International travel has become so expensive and unpredictable now that it is more relaxing to just go for a "staycation". I'm hearing that some countries are considering to ask travelers to get pre-flight covid tests from a third country because they are refusing to accept test results of origin countries. And the third country is asking for quarantine for the origin country. That will make traveling prohibitively expensive and time consuming.

Comment

UK has removed India from it's COVID19 'red list', but not Pakistan. UK had put Pakistan in the list weeks before India. I was always convinced that it's not always fault of Pakistan, these countries are also very biased. They are probably searching for data points that will align with their policies to coverup their biases.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
                UK has removed India from it's COVID19 'red list', but not Pakistan. UK had put Pakistan in the list weeks before India. I was always convinced that it's not always fault of Pakistan, these countries are also very biased. They are probably searching for data points that will align with their policies to coverup their biases.
                We've banned flights from Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Afghanistan here, to "curb the spread of the virus". You don't even need to travel to India to get infected with the Delta strain anymore. Whereas when the 'British' strain emerged, we didn't ban UK flights because Knightsbridge and Piccadilly would turn into ghost towns, since most everything there is owned by Arabs anyways.

Comment

Pak and India both banned here

more to do with unreliable covid test/results

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

We've banned flights from Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh & Afghanistan here, to "curb the spread of the virus". You don't even need to travel to India to get infected with the Delta strain anymore. Whereas when the 'British' strain emerged, we didn't ban UK flights because Knightsbridge and Piccadilly would turn into ghost towns, since most everything there is owned by Arabs anyways.
                    Interesting. I've heard Dubai is getting lots of black money parked there these days by Afghan government officials which has made UAE unwilling to ban flights from Kabul due to COVID19, while they put bans and restrictions on flights from Pakistan. Just yesterday there were hundreds of passengers stranded in Pakistan due to sudden requirement of some sort of rapid COVID19 test on top of PCR test by UAE.

Comment

Interesting. I've heard Dubai is getting lots of black money parked there these days by Afghan government officials which has made UAE unwilling to ban flights from Kabul due to COVID19, while they put bans and restrictions on flights from Pakistan.
                      That one just went over my head. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. If you've ever seen the movie The International starring Clive Owen (fantastic movie, btw). Its based loosely on the BCCI scandal in the 1980's, where the bank was involved in all sorts of terror financing, money laundering, arms dealing with highly questionable people/governments. Guess who was the founder of BCCI? Agha Khan Abedi, a very prominent Pakistani banker in the 1970's & 80's with close ties to Mohammed Ali Habib, and guess who ended up owning bank? Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi and the founding father of the UAE. He owned 77% of BCCI, until it was dissolved in the early part of the 90's.

Also, some of the most prominent players in the multi-billion dollar 1MDB scandal were also Emirati's. And after the scandal came to light, most people involved that were not part of the Emirati royal family, were arrested and put in jail, whereas the prince's were granted immunity, because why not? Lol.

Just yesterday there were hundreds of passengers stranded in Pakistan due to sudden requirement of some sort of rapid COVID19 test on top of PCR test by UAE.
                      I've noticed that UAE has tightened restrictions on most countries that are refuse to accept Israel. Right after the normalization of relationship between the UAE and Israel, they banned visas for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tunisia, Libya and a few other countries. Not sure if they reinstated visa issuing after that or not. But yeah, I believe that we will see more blanket bans on such countries without any reasonable explanation in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by batameez View Post
                        more to do with unreliable covid test/results
                        Tests are unreliable everywhere:
                        https://i.ibb.co/7Rg92gv/EM.jpg

The travel restrictions have a lot more to do with political weight.
                        https://i.ibb.co/zsR35Ys/SM.jpg

The real number of COVID19 deaths in India could be 10 times higher than the official number according to Center for Global Development study. You can hide cases but not so many deaths. Even with all that fudging, situation in India has been quite dire all along but since they have political connections, all that is conveniently ignored.
                        Last edited by decentGuy; Aug 10, 2021, 12:01 PM. Reason: Fixed Images

Comment

Have some truth to what you said

Cant see the image attached

But the official number of death in.many places are also not accurate as many places will either add on the death as corona case even if is not or under report death, goes along the local governing policy

As for unreliable results, here usually have to do it again upon arrival and the number of positive cases with negative report back from home country is high among the south east and african countries

Which i think as more to do with not that good medical resources back home/ unlicenced labs

Sideway indian community especially with contacts with officials are active in bringing back their own people but pakis official with contacts are selfish and wont bother with paki travellers problem , at least on our side is like that

Also which wave the countries is in also.matters like Australia or Philipines are now in bad shape

As for the topic, i guess going maskless seems far more attractive then any travelling imho

Travelling in these time is mental strain and rip off

Comment

Around the world I guess.

Comment

Working...
                            X