Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post COVID-19 Travel Plans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Post COVID-19 Travel Plans

    Assuming there is light at the end of the tunnel, what are your post-coronavirus travel plans?
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

    #2
    Originally posted by a7mado View Post
    Assuming there is light at the end of the tunnel, what are your post-coronavirus travel plans?
    Sure......but What if that Light at the END of the Tunnel is a Head Light of a ........TRAIN?.....

    Well all kidding aside ...... one of my Friends
    last year before this Bat VIRUS Pandemic from China...

    He actually wanted to Visit Kashgar China via the Karakorram Hiway, which is now called the CPEC Road!

    His plans were dashed at the Border Post on Khunjerab Pass,

    arriving there all exited to cross into "Cheen".........

    The Pakistan Immigration Officer told him his NICOP card had expired......

    needless to say his plans of visiting Cheen was dashed!..


    KhunjarabPass.JPG

    So that is one OPTION to travel the Highest Road over the 15000 ft Pass............
    .
    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

    Comment


      #3
      We'd wanted to travel to Pakistan in 2020 to attend a cousins wedding but that plan went down the drain when Covid hit. To be honest, I don't feel like traveling anywhere any time soon(minus for Umrah and Hajj). Things feel so chaotic at the moment and all I want is some mental peace and planning a trip in itself is chaotic. Traveling is exciting but not really peaceful.
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by SindSagar View Post

        Sure......but What if that Light at the END of the Tunnel is a Head Light of a ........TRAIN?.....

        Well all kidding aside ...... one of my Friends
        last year before this Bat VIRUS Pandemic from China...

        He actually wanted to Visit Kashgar China via the Karakorram Hiway, which is now called the CPEC Road!

        His plans were dashed at the Border Post on Khunjerab Pass,

        arriving there all exited to cross into "Cheen".........

        The Pakistan Immigration Officer told him his NICOP card had expired......

        needless to say his plans of visiting Cheen was dashed!..


        So that is one OPTION to travel the Highest Road over the 15000 ft Pass............
        .
        Khunjerab pass is a stunning place, the entire journey from Islamabad is one to remember. passu cones, fairy meadows, Karakoram highway, all of it is worth doing. I've done a few of the northern areas in 2016. However, I've been yearning to go back ever since and explore more.
        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by LP View Post
          We'd wanted to travel to Pakistan in 2020 to attend a cousins wedding but that plan went down the drain when Covid hit. To be honest, I don't feel like traveling anywhere any time soon(minus for Umrah and Hajj). Things feel so chaotic at the moment and all I want is some mental peace and planning a trip in itself is chaotic. Traveling is exciting but not really peaceful.
          I find Maldives to be the easiest 3 to 4 day trip to plan, all you do is sit in your seaside villa all day and chill. You could do a few activities but if you want to chill, there is nothing than white sandy beaches and clear blue water.

          There are a few Islands in the African subcontinent that are worth visiting as well, if you just want to relax and get away from it all. I enjoy Island life, its peaceful. I could spend my entire life laying in a hammock by the beach, drinking cocktails and doing nothing.
          "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

          Comment


            #6
            International travel has become so expensive and unpredictable now that it is more relaxing to just go for a "staycation". I'm hearing that some countries are considering to ask travelers to get pre-flight covid tests from a third country because they are refusing to accept test results of origin countries. And the third country is asking for quarantine for the origin country. That will make traveling prohibitively expensive and time consuming.

            Comment

            Working...
            X