Visiting Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting Pakistan

Going to visit Pakistan in May. I will be bringing my kids with me, it will be their first visit to Pakistan. KPK travel and information will not be an issue since my family is from there. I plan on visiting Lahore if anyone could recommend some locations to visit. My children are teenagers. My wife wants to shop for some Pakistani dresses as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What specific help you need?
    Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

There are plenty of vlogs of westerners visiting pakistan on youtube...you can get a general view.
      Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

I know that we want to see historical places like the Badshahi Mosque, the Fort, Minar-e-Pakistan, and the Wagah border ceremony. My wife wants to shop for traditional clothing and some good places to eat. I haven't been to Lahore for 20 years. I kind of want to act like I know what I am doing. Someone mentioned Anar Kali for shopping. Thank you so much for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by MosiNyc View Post
          I know that we want to see historical places like the Badshahi Mosque, the Fort, Minar-e-Pakistan, and the Wagah border ceremony. My wife wants to shop for traditional clothing and some good places to eat. I haven't been to Lahore for 20 years. I kind of want to act like I know what I am doing. Someone mentioned Anar Kali for shopping. Thank you so much for replying.
          For shopping, depending on what part of Lahore you'll be visiting, Emporium Mall (If you are living anywhere between Bahria Town and Johar Town) & Packages Mall (If you're living anywhere between DHA P1 through P8, Askari and the general cantt vacinity) would be best, they are safe, and have most all brands under one roof. Anarkali, Hall Road & M.M. Alam if you have a vehicle to go about. If your kids are pre-teen, just make sure they are always within an arms length.

Since you're already going to Badshahi mosque, I will assume that you'll be doing Food Street as well.

Regarding places to eat, I would suggest that you google top restaurants in Lahore. Places like Cafe Aylanto, Arcadian, Cafe Zouk, Salt n' Pepper, Haveli, Cooco's Den, Qabail, etc... because these are the places that pretty much everyone would recommend.

I haven't been deep inside Lahore in a very long time, I've been told there is some really good food to be had, however, I doubt I have the stomach for any of that sort of stuff, and I would recommend you avoid such places as well, because the last thing you want is for your kids to be having an episode of "mild food poisoning", because that's what the doctor will tell you, even though you'll feel like you've just had a near death experience. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Hope that helps.
          "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

I suggest two places in Lahore I have enjoyed meals with Family, The Village Located South of Walton Airport, what I liked about this place was each specialty Cooks are getting the food ready where you actually see it being prepared and pick out Hot off the Grill or Karahi .

The second place is newer and is called Lal Qila on Main Bulevard in or close to Garden Town!

Good Luck!
            Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

You guys are awesome, thank you so much. I just found out about a bus tour as well. Food poisoning is the biggest concern.

Comment

You guys are awesome, thank you so much. I just found out about a bus tour as well. Food poisoning is the biggest concern.
                You should only worry about food poising if you're eating out at one of the several hole-in-the-wall type places in androon Lahore. The rest are fine & mostly hygienic. I've never contracted food poisoning from places like Gloria Jeans (Australian chain of cafe's), for example.

Just remembered, don't miss out on having breakfast or hi-tea @ Chaaye Khana. Their selection of French toasts is amazing.
                "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post

I suggest two places in Lahore I have enjoyed meals with Family, The Village Located South of Walton Airport, what I liked about this place was each specialty Cooks are getting the food ready where you actually see it being prepared and pick out Hot off the Grill or Karahi .

The second place is newer and is called Lal Qila on Main Bulevard in or close to Garden Town!

Good Luck!
                  SnP The village. Easily the best bbq in town! Much better than Bar BQ Tonight.

Gosh I miss Pakistan... Its been over a year since I've been there.

Comment

I've watched every episode of Street Food Pk on youtube. Getting a clearer picture. Thank you for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X