X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was 2020 journey?

share some 2020 memories

Good topic.

I didnt have any far travels this year due to pandemic but still managed to pull atleast three vacations in the healthy remote areas very far from city life. Not bad considering the other disasters in news. I'll try uploading some pics
    Last edited by SID_NY; Dec 31, 2020, 11:39 PM.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

It was a rollercoaster ride with lots of ups and downs.
      Most of my memories were made on Zoom this year
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

I wouldn’t say 2020 was extraordinarily tragic for me, I’ve had worse. One 2020 experience that I would like to share though was the rain in Karachi. Electricity, transport, landlines, mobile phones, and internet. Fire, police and ambulance service as well. All went down. No one knew how anyone else was doing except for immediate neighbors. It was scary! In the midst of all that, I had to catch my return flight which I ultimately missed despite trying many alternatives to reach the airport. It was a chain of expensive failures that I was dealing with. I had to get new corona tests, purchase new tickets from a different airline as I had an important workshop at work, but that flight missed connection in Dubai. Since airlines were operating bare minimum flights so I was stranded once again for nearly 30 hrs. And due to Corona, airlines were no longer bound to provide hotel rooms for such no-fault missed connections.

Comment

Normally I travel to 3-4 different countries every year for last several years so this year has been absolutely devastating for me. I only got away to one country in March...even that I had to cut short because Canada was telling all it's citizens to return home.

I simply cannot wait for this vaccine to roll out so I can travel again.
          Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

Out of the ordinary.
            Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
            The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
            Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
            (Buddha).

Comment

My average air travel is around 70 to 85 flight segments per year. In 2020, it dropped to only 16 segments. Otherwise just another year, while people worked from home, I was still sitting in office even though we have normaly around 650 to 700 people, from mid April 2020 it was only 5 people in office until couple of weeks ago. That was fun having whole office to ourselves

Comment

Working...
              X