Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way to travel from London to Birmingham ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to travel from London to Birmingham ?

I will be traveling to UK for the first time. I believe the public transportation system is good in UK. Can i take a train from London to Birmingham ?
    I don't know where I am going. I don't know what for but I am making progress.

Mostar95

Sucks that most uk guppies are stealth viewers only.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

LondnTrainBrmngm.JPG
      We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Yes I travelled via the Motorway to Birmingham but when we got to the outskirts Traffic Jam was too much!

Good Luck!
        We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

• heart beat
          heart beat commented
          Editing a comment
          I presume by motorway you mean "by car"; i don't plan to rent a car since i just need to get to my destination..visiting family.
          ...Update: I was looking at the train route from google maps from Heathrow to Leicester: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Heat...52.6368778!3e3

It does not seem too bad i think.

I will see what mo293 comes back with but i may consider renting for a day if that would make more sense. I checked orbitz and rental prices are not too bad. I will have to see if i will be able to drop it off at Leicester or somewhere nearby other than Heathrow.
          Last edited by heart beat; Nov 16, 2019, 04:30 AM.

Originally posted by heart beat View Post
        I will be traveling to UK for the first time. I believe the public transportation system is good in UK. Can i take a train from London to Birmingham ?
        The transportation system in the UK is one of the best in the world, I have done extensive back and forth between London and Birmingham and sometimes Manchester too. I'd say take M1 and then M25 and exit closest to your destination.

Comment

• heart beat
          heart beat commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you suggest for getting to Leicester ? I will be arriving at Heathrow.

I decided to rent for a day. It seems easier with the luggage and getting to the hotel for the night.
        I don't know where I am going. I don't know what for but I am making progress.

Comment

Or you can take the Rajdhani express
          Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
            Mostar95

Sucks that most uk guppies are stealth viewers only.
            I have not been logging onto the GS as whenever I tried it i got the message "insecure website" and warns me not to proceed!

Comment

• SID_NY
              SID_NY commented
              Editing a comment
              sorry for that. not sure why. but try using https link that is https://gupshup.org
              where 's' stands for secure

Originally posted by heart beat View Post
            Train is very fast but very costly as well. Travelling by bus is much cheaper (1/3rd) of the train cost. You can book in advance from National Express or MegaBus.

Comment

Before the plan, you must book your flight, hotel, and storage units in London. Then make a list of the best restaurants near me. So. that's how you can enjoy your trip!
              Last edited by SID_NY; Nov 9, 2020, 02:39 PM. Reason: Link removed

Comment

Working...
              X