Rocky Mountain National Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky Mountain National Park

This President's day we headed West and spent a whole day in Rocky Mountain National Park!

It was three of us; me, my Dad and my elder brother. Dad, who had spent all his life in military and is as fit as a fiddle was leading the way. Brother, who had spent many weeks on the tough terrains of Pakistan's north was right behind ... while I was trying to keep up ... as usual.

Anyway, my camera didn't last very long as it was really low on battery but the few snaps I did take, came out pretty good.

I hope you guys like it too.

[thumb=E]02-16-2004-rockey-MNP5263_4704500.JPG[/thumb]

The one above is right in the beginning when we entered the park.

[thumb=E]02-16-2004-rockey-MNP-25263_3461492.JPG[/thumb]

The one above and below I took while driving through the park, so the quality isn't great. We kinda wanted to room around and find a good trail to hike.

[thumb=E]02-16-2004-rockey-MNP-35263_3461492.JPG[/thumb]
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

The following is of the few mountain tops that are about 12-13000 feet. And yes a few trails go that high.

[thumb=E]02-16-2004-rockey-MNP-45263_3461492.JPG[/thumb]

Just another beautiful view ... right at the bottom of trail. You can probably see a few roof tops of the cars parked there. Even in freezing temps there were quiet a few people present.

[thumb=E]02-16-2004-rockey-MNP-55263_2014639.JPG[/thumb]

This portrait I took while actually on the trail. You can imagine my partners whom I was trying to keep up with went way ahead ... but I did finally made it to 'em. :-P The frozen ground upfront is actually Bear Lake ...

[thumb=E]02-16-2004-rockey-MNP-75263_7745829.JPG[/thumb]

This one is another one from the car that came out ok.

[thumb=E]02-16-2004-rockey-MNP-95263_2253547.JPG[/thumb]
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

The rockies. *sigh* Ok, so I believe you that you're close to the rockies.

Really nice pics! (But I bet they'd have been better if I'd taken them.)

p.s. How cold was it?
      said CareBear

Comment

Blah, I hate you guys. I never get to go to 'pahaaRee ilaake' :-(

Wonderful pics uncle jee
        "... te hun gall aithe mukdi!"

Comment

Thanks for sharing Ahmadjee.

Never been there, but this is certainly my kind of a place.

Colorado, Oregon, and Washington state are my favorite places in the US.

Comment

I guess I've been there. That'd be in the US, right?
            Beautiful place though.
            I Am Free of All Prejudices, I Hate Everyone Equally

Comment

Working...
            X