Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobart, Australia

Anyone in Hobart, Australia?

I am planning a trip to Australia (mainly Sydney) next month. Wonder if someone can suggest a good place (locationwise) to stay in Hobart.

Also, is it even worth making the trip in the first place?

Any help (links etc) would be much appreciated.

Have a look at these links.

Tasmania Online

Tourism Tasmania

Lonely Planet Guide

Hobart, Tasmania Travel Guide

Comment

^ thanks for the links, appreciate it.

Comment

Apparently, downtown Sydney has no shortage of hotels. I had to stay an extra night, it was late and cold, I found this room for Aus$40 right across the city hall (I believe it was the Victoria subway). There was a sink in the room, but bathroom was down the hall. It was six or seven blocks from circular quay (opera house).

Sydney is definitely worth a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by World Citizen:
          Apparently, downtown Sydney has no shortage of hotels. I had to stay an extra night, it was late and cold, I found this room for Aus$40 right across the city hall (I believe it was the Victoria subway). There was a sink in the room, but bathroom was down the hall. It was six or seven blocks from circular quay (opera house).

Sydney is definitely worth a visit.
          ^You bet it is! or atleast from what I hear.

I was more looking for accomodations in Hobart and was wondering if it's worth the trip. Thanks anyway.

Comment

hey! yeah hobart is really worth it (im from melbourne though) if u like rainforests, tracking, and love nature... u should definately go to hobart, and the best thing would be to go by ship... or come back by ship... i think there are daily trips to hobart from melbourne and sydney.. by the way.... why isnt melbourne on ur list?! thats worth a look too

Comment

check these out
              B&B - Hobart
              Spirit of Tasmania
              Tasmania Accommodation
              Getaway

Comment

Originally posted by sadzzz:
                hey! yeah hobart is really worth it (im from melbourne though) if u like rainforests, tracking, and love nature... u should definately go to hobart, and the best thing would be to go by ship... or come back by ship... i think there are daily trips to hobart from melbourne and sydney.. by the way.... why isnt melbourne on ur list?! thats worth a look too
                yup, already got the tickets for Hobart . Thanks for the links , I am about to check them out.

p.s. don't fret ;-), melbourne is definitely on the cards .

Comment

Working...
                X