• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basant is coming...

...and this year I am ready for it.

[thumb=E]basant13086_4466653.JPG[/thumb]

[thumb=E]basant23086_4466653.JPG[/thumb]

Come saturday....it'll me, patangain, half a dozen lahoris and a running BBQ (gotta have something for the ladies to do as well ). You all are welcome...(tickets start at A$50 :rotato: )

I've never been to Lahore but heard so much about basant...

I would like to know the background of this event....

who started it? how was it started?
    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Our Hindu brothern started it in india, to celebrate spring. Any fatwas?

Comment

Originally posted by who---me:
        Our Hindu brothern started it in india, to celebrate spring. Any fatwas?
        why do u think i was asking u to give u a fatwa? don't start judging yaar

do u know YOUR hindu brotheran celebrate this in the memory of someone? :-) and do u know who was that person? I am not sure, just heard it so wanna confirm it if u know
        Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Kite flying is fun.

Basant is the start of Spring... don't tell me in Australia, you guys have the start of your spring right after summers? Call it the "Tnasab" or something. You are celebrating fall, aren't you?
          "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

You're still in Pakistan? Moron!
            said CareBear

Comment

LOL

:halo: @ AQ's presence here..

Comment

Originally posted by Gizzy:
                :halo: @ AQ's presence here..
                kiouN? am i that bad or u guys dun want me here? did i ask something wrong?

Comment

actually there are so many theories regarding basant that i have stopped beleiving many of them. There are suporting theories as that chinese actually started kite flying in spring NOT hindus. And opposing theories say otherwise.
                  The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Theories? interesting

Dil kay behlaanay ko Ghalib yeh khiyaal acha hay

enjoy yaarouN.. Basant mubarak

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi:
                      Theories? interesting

Dil kay behlaanay ko Ghalib yeh khiyaal acha hay
                      hain? what else are they? strong Proven facts?

by the way who-me, lovely snaps. how many you took with you? Ppl here usually spend thousands and buy hundreds of em
                      The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

i've heard it's to celebrate spring.. or maybe some harvest season.. i'm not sure.. i grew up in the city..

taaaway who--me?
                        JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

CB: I am back in Aussie...you jealous lil reechni

PA: Pawn taaway. Taaways were to big to pack and carry all the way to Aussie.

saby: I got about 50 .

Comment

dude wuteva da hell it means or wuteva da hell da hindus believed or chinese believed......

all i kno iz it's hellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fun..n we don't do it to celebrate fo sum1 o sumfin...we juz do it fo funnnnnnnn..wuhoooooooooooooooooooooo

*screams* aieeeeeeeee bo kaaaaaaataaaaaaaaaaaaaa :bhangra: buraaaaaaaaaaaah

maynnn i miss it
                            Verily my happiness is my iman,
                            and verily my iman is in my heart,
                            and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

Comment

btw even though we don't celebrate it hea in stupid us of adreeka

still hada get sum gudday fo ma bro aur 2 charkhiyan dorr ki bhi...they're iLL but bichara has to do pechay wid me

ke dil hua bo kaaaaaataaaaaaaaaaaa *gidaah paaing*
                              Verily my happiness is my iman,
                              and verily my iman is in my heart,
                              and verily my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah(swt).

Comment

Working...
                              X