Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani City Of The Month- KARACHI

Salaam guppies,

To promote the Pakistani Tourism, we are starting this thread where we invite you to discuss, share your views and information about one Pakistani City for a month.

Since Karachi is the biggest city of the Pakistan, we will start with Karachi and will come up with the list of Pakistani Cities to be discussed.

Please share your views, experiences, useful information, etc.

Please note that the purpose of this thread is to promote Pakistani Travel and Tourism, not the comparasion between the cities or the poeple.

Here is a link of Karachi City:

http://www.karachicity.gov.pk/

Comment

[thumb=E]karachi-114786_9458507.JPG[/thumb]
      [thumb=E]karachi-214786_9458507.JPG[/thumb]
      [thumb=E]karachi-314786_9458507.JPG[/thumb]
      Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

People in general have limited experience of the city, especially those who just go there for vacation, because they tend to stay in the area that their family lives in and socialize and move about in a limited radius.

I was lucky in a sense that when i moved to karachi the large scale gunda gardee had not become a problem, so I was pretty free to roam around. Its a diff world out there.

There are plenty of things we takle for granted but in the saddar tower area, there is some magnificent old architecture.

most people are familiar with the beaches, which are under developed, but are still a lot of fun. you can even rent a boat with a crew and go crabbing.

Other places to visit are the museum that is in quaid e azam's place of residence, and the mazzar-e-quaid.

just outside karachi you will find areas like panj moori, khadayji falls, and a few lakes. I have not been to any of these places since 1988, they were not very developed in terms of tourist services but were a lot of fun anyways.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Karachi ki baat hi kuch aur hai!

Doura jee ke gola-gandaz!

Comment

KARACHI :love:

Its My Second Most Fav City in Pakistan ... The Most Precious Gift for KARACHI is... THE GREAT SEA.. although its not clean at Porst area and at the Beaches BUT Still its not bad if U go to a deep sea or to OUT of City Beaches.
            The Breez is always there. When ever I used to get tired, I used to go to Sea View and Just Looking to the Tides and Enjoy the Breez and Felt Fresh.
            Karachi Is Called MINI PAKISTAN bcoz af the presence of the ppl from all the cities of PAKISTAN.

Very GOOD CINEMAS in Karachi with good sound Effect. One can Enjoy Big movies in Karachi Cinemas.

OYSTER ROCKS.... Just 15 to 20 Min away in a BOAT. An outstanding place to visit.

NIHARI One can have a very Good Nihari in Karachi. Lots of [/b]Icecream Flavours[/b] Bcoz of the availibility of all sort fo Fruits in Khi.

There is s NAVAL Island Called. HIMALYA... The Beach Is Very Beautiful there .. and.. there One can Sea High Tides as well :-)

Very Good and Moderen Shopping Malls ... Like PARK TOWERS and FORUM etc ... simply gr8

And wat not and Wat Not
            FACE OF AN ~.~ANGEL~.~ APPETITE OF A VAMPIRE

Comment

KARACHI in Pictures....

[thumb=E]quaidtomb10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Quaid-e-Azam's tomb

[thumb=E]3swds110387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Three Swords

[thumb=E]citytower10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

City Tower

[thumb=E]clifton10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Clifton

[thumb=E]empressmarket10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Empress Market

[thumb=E]ferrereHall10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Ferrere Hall

Comment

I got more than 50 pictures of karachi...

I will see if i can upload them or not
                Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

[thumb=E]quaidhouse10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Quaid's House

[thumb=E]habibbank10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Tallest building in khi - Habib Bank

[thumb=E]KMCheadoffice10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

KMC Head Office

[thumb=E]mohattaplace10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Mohatta Palace

[thumb=E]makligraveyard10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Makli Graveyard

[thumb=E]st.patrickschurch10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

St. Patricks Church

[thumb=E]architecture10387_5263372.JPG[/thumb]

Karachi architecture (can't remember the name)

---------

AQ Please please please zaroor post karen...I would love to see them..:-)

Comment

^ last pics looks like Mosque in Makli..

but hey, CA i have the same pics at my site in case u have the URL, u can post all the pics please :-p

Comment

Gr Pics....

Tnx ANGEL
                      FACE OF AN ~.~ANGEL~.~ APPETITE OF A VAMPIRE

Comment

CA, I spent nearly 3 weeks in Karachi and I didn't see Mohatta Palace or Makli Graveyard or Quaid's House. I wish you posted these pics when I opened my thread on where I should visit in Karachi. I think I need to go back again.
                        Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

blame your hosts.. u were new to the country.. it was their responsibility to take you around to see at least the important and historical monuments and buildings..
                          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
                            blame your hosts.. u were new to the country.. it was their responsibility to take you around to see at least the important and historical monuments and buildings..
                            Actually, my timing in Karachi was wrong. We were there at the beginning of Ramadan. Everything was pretty much closed including the shops that would open at 12:00 p.m. and close for the day at Asr to prepare for Iftaari and tarabiyan. Plus, everybody was fasting. Only towards the end of my stay did things start opening. It was like that for the first 10-15 days. Oh well.

Anyway, Pakistani Abroad, I wasn't seriously blaming CA.
                            Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi:
                              ^ last pics looks like Mosque in Makli..

but hey, CA i have the same pics at my site in case u have the URL, u can post all the pics please :-p
                              LOL...For real?? I actually collected these pics from different sites but I got most of them from these two sites:

http://karachi.g2gm.com/

http://www.shabbir.com/pak/khipic.html

which one is yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X