Clear All

Delay in opening fast (Iftari)

What's the verdict?

Haram?

Makrooh?

Fast becomes invalid?

Gunnah?

Re: Delay in opening fast (Iftari)

makrooh...iftaar meN jaldii [waqt hone par] karne kaa Hukm hai...
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

how much delay ? what causes it ? if its totally one's negligence then defo it's Makrooh...

but one should try to iftar ASAP, whether in driving or busy else where...

Comment

Originally posted by KKF View Post
        makrooh...iftaar meN jaldii [waqt hone par] karne kaa Hukm hai...
        I always try to do Iftar as quickly as possible after Maghrib Azan. On 28 of the 29 Rozas this year, I did exactly that. However on Monday last week I was traveling out of town for a client meeting. When it was almost time for Iftar in that area, I went to a local Masjid that was operated by some Turkish brothers, because I had been told that they would offer Iftar there. When I arrived they said to me, that we pray Maghrib first and then we will start the Iftar. That is quite normal in Masjids, however in most other Masjid I had been to, they would at least give you a Kajoor at Maghrib time, then pray and then start with the actual food. In that particular Masjid they did not give out any Kajoor and I also didn't have any on me (had left them in the car).

So in that situation I had no way of opening my fast until after Maghrib prayers were finished. Would that still make my fast Makrooh, even though I had the intention of opening my fast right at Maghrib time?
        The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

you aren't held accountable for the situations that are beyond your control. Allah is all Forgiving and Merciful. MakrooH means "undesirable" and thus NOT a sin.

were those Turkish brothers followers of shi'a maslak because they break their fast about 10-15 minutes after sunset.

drinking a couple of sips of water would have been enough to break fast.
          Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
          16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

were those Turkish brothers followers of shi'a maslak because they break their fast about 10-15 minutes after sunset.
            No that was the surprising part about it. They are Sunni.

drinking a couple of sips of water would have been enough to break fast.
            I know. But by the time I realized that they will not be handing out any kajoor or water, they had finished the Azaan and were already congregating for Namaaz. So I joined that Namaaz. If there had been a few minutes inbetween I could have walked out to my car and grabbed the Kajoors I had there.
            The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Originally posted by Umer View Post
              No that was the surprising part about it. They are Sunni.

Sure is surprising
              Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

its recommended to not to delay breaking but you need to more careful to make sure you are not breaking before time. breaking before time need qaza, on time is good, within 15 minutes is ok, after around 20 minutes might require qaza.
                if you could understand urdu, scholar in this video explains everything with references and logic.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QagWE5R_5UQ
                Turn the table...
                Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

Comment

Know Urdu reading writing etc etc

Thanks for the link

Looks interesting

Will get back after listening and if have time

Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Remind me saying of Dr. Zakir Naik, "Deen ko samjhne k liyeh App Islam ko dekho, Musalman ko nahi".
                    Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
                    X