Imams Refusing to Lead Funeral Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imams Refusing to Lead Funeral Prayers

More than 130 Imams have now refused to lead the funeral prayers of the London and Manchester attackers.
    I don't know if this sits well with me.

What is the Islamic ruling on this?
    Are they permitted to refuse? Do they have a choice?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aishagani/i...7v5#.hyzolxB5R

Re: Imams Refusing to Lead Funeral Prayers

In my point of view, they are right, Islam is a religion of peace... No one is allowed to kill anyone unless someone attacks your home/country or in a war... and killing a person is equal to killing all the humans... so these attackers I dont think are muslims in any way.. these are not the teachings of Islam or our prophet... Let suppose that if Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) were here with us today, would he order to do that ?? NO WAY...

Comment

i don't think it's the right thing to deny a dead person his/her last rights. after one's death, the matter rests between him/her and Allah. it's the collective responsibility of a community to take care of their dead. burial rights can not be taken away from anyone...period!
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by KKF View Post
        i don't think it's the right thing to deny a dead person his/her last rights. after one's death, the matter rests between him/her and Allah. it's the collective responsibility of a community to take care of their dead. burial rights can not be taken away from anyone...period!
        I do remember reading hadith that in certain cases deceased don't get Namaz janaza. They aren't any ones community.

Comment

A good deterrent

But i don't think it really matters

If Sunni, probably a small private janaza held by the close family and led by a molvi

And if wahabi then, probably won't do as will be label as "shaheed"

It's a pakistani and seems to be a wahabi

Comment

Muslim is a person who is rehmat for others, what chapter of Islam teaches us to be brutal/savage for humanity ? there are several point that can be raised, however, these suicide attackers are brain washed...

P.S: ye koi wakhri type ke hi janwar hain jo Islam to kya insaniyat ke naam pe bhi kalank hain...

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna View Post
              More than 130 Imams have now refused to lead the funeral prayers of the London and Manchester attackers.
              I don't know if this sits well with me.

What is the Islamic ruling on this?
              Are they permitted to refuse? Do they have a choice?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aishagani/i...7v5#.hyzolxB5R
              Our imam addressed this point yesterday. It is permissible religiously speaking. In the time of Nabi (SAW) there was an incident where a person had died while owing a debt. Nabi (SAW) instructed the sahaba to perform Janaza salat for him, though he (SAW) wasn't going to lead it himself. However, when someone took the responsibility to pay his debts, then Nabi (SAW) led the Janaza salat for him.

The imam explained that his (SAW) avoidance of it was to show disapproval on the person not having repaid his debt. In the same manner, the ulema/imams refusing to lead the Janazas for these guys are also doing it to express disapproval and that the actions committed by these deceased are unacceptable.
              Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                Our imam addressed this point yesterday. It is permissible religiously speaking. In the time of Nabi (SAW) there was an incident where a person had died while owing a debt. Nabi (SAW) instructed the sahaba to perform Janaza salat for him, though he (SAW) wasn't going to lead it himself. However, when someone took the responsibility to pay his debts, then Nabi (SAW) led the Janaza salat for him.

The imam explained that his (SAW) avoidance of it was to show disapproval on the person not having repaid his debt. In the same manner, the ulema/imams refusing to lead the Janazas for these guys are also doing it to express disapproval and that the actions committed by these deceased are unacceptable.
                JazakALLAH

Comment

He should be given to Medical students so that they can study for human welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post

Thank you.
                    I understand the sentiment.
                    Perhaps if the imams are taking the position of Nabi (SAW), then someone from the congregation should step forward and offer to lead.
                    Perhaps the imams should encourage someone to step up and lead.
                    Wouldn't that be the way to follow sunnah?

Comment

Any one with knowledge of Namaz e janaza can perform namaz e janaza. You dont need mufti molvi alim to do that. Chances are after so many refusals...some like minded will perform the namaz e janaza .
                      پورا مسلمان خود نہیں اور مجھے کافر کہتا ہے

Comment

Dead body is just a dead body. Islam does not prohibit to lead prayer of any Muslim dead body...

Comment

Originally posted by Dhoti Main Dhamaka View Post
                          Any one with knowledge of Namaz e janaza can perform namaz e janaza. You dont need mufti molvi alim to do that. Chances are after so many refusals...some like minded will perform the namaz e janaza .
                          Of course someone will. However the point is: Leading Imams, who are in the public eye as well, refusing to perform it, is a very strong signal. Long overdue.
                          The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna View Post
                            Thank you.
                            I understand the sentiment.
                            Perhaps if the imams are taking the position of Nabi (SAW), then someone from the congregation should step forward and offer to lead.
                            Perhaps the imams should encourage someone to step up and lead.
                            Wouldn't that be the way to follow sunnah?

Do you think these people died as Muslims? many will claim that their actions expelled them from faith. It would be more appropriate to direct sympathies towards the victims and not the terrorists.
                            They commit these terrorist acts because they get ideological validation and think this is martyrdom, if society sends a message that majority see them as despicable then it becomes a deterrent to the terrorists in incubators.

Comment

Peace,

Urdu mein kehtain hain "Truck ke light ke peechay laga dena".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxPgD3L_no0
                              Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
                              X