Belief in Black magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belief in Black magic

Why do many religious people believe in Black Magic? If they believe in a Supreme God to protect and nurture. Why are they scared of Black magic? Won't a simple heartfelt request to God for protection be enough instead of trying different thing and consulting religious "experts" in the matter? And, lastly does black magic exist or is the belief in it the same as belief in God which is a matter of faith and supposition?

Re: Belief in Black magic

Originally posted by calypsodc View Post
    Why do many religious people believe in Black Magic? If they believe in a Supreme God to protect and nurture. Why are they scared of Black magic? Won't a simple heartfelt request to God for protection be enough instead of trying different thing and consulting religious "experts" in the matter? And, lastly does black magic exist or is the belief in it the same as belief in God which is a matter of faith and supposition?
    because they are ignorant and gullible...simple!
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Because religious people believe in what their scriptures say ...
      The Prophet(SAW) said:
      "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
        because they are ignorant and gullible...simple!
        Peace KKF

Do you deny the existence of black magic?
        The Prophet(SAW) said:
        "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

because it is clearly stated in Quran and sunnah. even our nabi (saw) was affected by it though it was the worst of worst black magic that no ordinary man could handle.. he still was affected by it. so it exists.

and you are right you should ask Allah for the cure. but just like you turn to a doctor for medical help knowing that only Allah is the one who cures,, you turn to the experts to get help for cure...

Comment

Originally posted by Janjua39:9717890
            because it is clearly stated in Quran and sunnah. even our nabi (saw) was affected by it though it was the worst of worst black magic that no ordinary man could handle.. he still was affected by it. so it exists.

and you are right you should ask Allah for the cure. but just like you turn to a doctor for medical help knowing that only Allah is the one who cures,, you turn to the experts to get help for cure...
            Could not say it better than that.

But just to add, is not this a proof enough of the existence of black magic that last two suras of Quran were revealed specifically as a cure for the magic that was done on prophet Muhammad pbuh?
            Last edited by TLK; Aug 29, 2013, 11:30 AM.
            People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

^this.
              So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
              William Shakespeare

Comment

That is news to me. I was not aware that black magic and its cure was a part of any religious text. I always assumed that it was ignorance and folk lore that led to such practices and it was sometimes cultish like Satanism. What is the black magic cure that is revealed in the Quran? What was the magic done on the prophet and how did it affect him? And who cast it in the first place and ho was the culprit found out?

Comment

That is news to me. I was not aware that black magic and its cure was a part of any religious text. I always assumed that it was ignorance and folk lore that led to such practices and it was sometimes cultish like Satanism. What is the black magic cure that is revealed in the Quran? What was the magic done on the prophet and how did it affect him? And who cast it in the first place and ho was the culprit found out?
                  After the peace treaty of Hudaibiyah when the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) returned to Madinah, a deputation of the Jews of Khaibar visited Madinah in Muharram, A.H. 7 and met a famous magician, Labid bin Asam, who belonged to the Ansar tribe of Bani Zurayq. They said to him: "You know how Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace and blessings) has treated us. We have tried our best to bewitch him but have not succeeded. Now we have come to you because you are a more skilled magician. Here are three gold coins, accept these and cast a powerful magic spell on Muhammad."

In those days the Holy Prophet had a Jewish boy as his attendant. Through him they obtained a piece of the Holy Prophet's comb with some hair stuck to it. Magic was worked on the same hair and the teeth of the comb. According to some traditions, magic was worked by Labid bin Asam himself, according to others, his sisters were more skilled than him and he got the spell cast through them. Whatever be the case, Labid placed this spell in the spathe of a male date-tree and his it under a stone at the bottom of Dharwan or Dhi Arwan, the well of Bani Zurayq. The spell took one whole year to have effect upon the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace). In the latter half of the year the Holy Prophet started feeling as if was unwell. The last forty days became hard on him, of which the last three days were even harder. But its maximum effect on him was that he way melting away from within. He thought he had done a thing whereas, in fact, he had not done it: he thought he had visited his wives whereas he had not visited them; and sometimes he would doubt having seen something whereas, in fact, he had not seen it.

All these effects were confined to his own person; so much so that the other people could not notice what state he was passing through. As for his being a Prophet, no change occurred in the performance of his duties. There is no tradition to say that he might have forgotten some verses of the Qur'an in those days, or might have recited a verse wrongly, or a change might have occurred in the assemblies and in his counsels and sermons, or he might have presented a discourse as Revelation which may not have been revealed to him, or he might have missed a Prayer and thought that he had performed it. God forbid, if any such thing had happened, it would have caused a clamor and the whole of Arabia would have known that a magician had overpowered the one whom no power had been able to overpower. But the Holy Prophet's position as a Prophet remained wholly unaffected by it. Only in his personal life he remained worried on account of it.

At last, one day when he was in the house of Hadrat Aishah, he prayed to Allah to be restored to full health. In the meantime he fell asleep or drowsed and on waking he said to Hadrat Aishah: "My Lord has told me what I had asked of Him." Hadrat Aishah asked what it was. He replied: "Two men (i.e. two angels in human guise) came to me. One sat near my head and the other near my feet. The first asked: what has happened to him? The other replied: Magic has been worked on him. The first asked: who has worked it? He replied: Labid bin Asam. He asked: In what is it contained? He replied: In the comb and hair covered in the spathe of a male date-tree. He asked: where is it? He replied: under a stone at the bottom of Dhi Arwan (or Dharwan), the well of Bani Zurayq. He asked: what should be done about it? He replied: the well should be emptied and it should be taken out from under the stone. The Holy Prophet then sent Hadrat Ali, Hadrat Ammar bin Yasir and Hadrat Zubair: They were also joined by Jubair bin Iyas az-Zurqi (two men from Bani Zurayq). Later the Holy Prophet also arrived at the well along with some Companions. The water was taken out and the spathe recovered. There they found that beside the comb and hair there was a cord with eleven knots on it and a wax image with needles pricked into it. Gabriel (peace be on him) came and told him to repeat the Mu'awwidhatayn. As he repeated verse after verse, a knot was loosened and a needle taken out every time, till on finishing the last words all the knots were loosened and all the needles removed, and he was entirely freed from the charm. After this he called Labid and questioned him. He confessed his guilt and the Holy Prophet let him go, for he never avenged himself on anyone for any harm done to his person. He even declined to talk about it to others, saying that Allah had restored him to health; therefore he did not like that he should incite the people against anyone.

http://quranindepth.blogspot.co.uk/2...-muhammed.html
                  We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

detailed account of the incident... There are many places in Quran, which mentions practice of magic (including contest between Moses and magicians of Pharaoh's and two angels coming to Babul (Iraq) teaching people magic with warning). Quran condemns magic and magicians and in more strict words at places where countering the allegation against the Prophet that he was Sahir (magician) himself. Even as Quran started getting acceptability and attracted people towards Islam due to its revolutionary message and effective language, non-believers started calling Quran a magic and the prophet as magcian, who was separating brothers and sons of Arab families from each other (as someone accepted Islam and others did not.. which was considered as disintegration of families in tribal set-up of Arabs).
                    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

You are right to think of it as ignorance and folk lore that lead to the practices of satanistic cultic black magic, but that does not mean it is not real and does not have real affect. Have you heard of any studies that discredit it? And it will be impossible to discredit ...

First of all, there is so much information that proves the reality of this. There was a psychiatrist who went in to an asylum to treat people believing that people were deluded and the notion of demons was just in their head. However, after some years of seeing similarities and patterns he concluded and wrote a book about why he was convinced that there is truth in that.

People have become possessed and there are many records of people remarkably becoming better without any medical intervention, but all medicine failed them when they were suffering. Details were not given by the holy prophet (PBUH) out of concern that would distract us from our important affairs.
                      The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

Why do many religious people believe in Black Magic?
                        Because superstition and ignorance go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by psyah View Post
                          Peace KKF

Do you deny the existence of black magic?
                          Do you deny the existence of the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy?

Comment

Originally posted by kprasad View Post
                            Do you deny the existence of the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy?
                            Peace ***... I mean kprasad ...

I think KKF can answer his own questions ... As for East Bunny and Tooth Fairy ... They are off topic ... We are talking about black magic here ... But I'll amuse you ... No, I don't believe in those two and there is a reason why ... They were invented concepts to serve very specific things for children. Black Magic is a different ball game. Magic has been practiced throughout human history ... With varying degrees of a influence ... The practiced is designed to subdue and there are enough people who claim to have seen its effects and people who still practice it today for it to be considered an empirically testable phenomenon ...

Just check up voodoo and occult practices and you will see that some people base their lives around this and others have their lives affected by this practice. Some people who travelled to UK from Africa have even been arrested for the killing of a child who they kidnapped and slaughtered as a sacrifice. And practitioners of black magic in the West Indies have been banned from practicing it, but are now beginning to think about making it legal. Haiti is a voodoo hotspot ... There are new age pagans all over the west who practice magic ... Whether it works or not is not important ... The fact that there are people who seriously practice it ... Is a deep concern.
                            Last edited by ajazali; Aug 31, 2013, 12:54 AM. Reason: edited sarcasm other member
                            The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

kprasad, Hinduism is based on black magic. The devils Hanuman Kalimata..etc are all part of the magicians' spells. So look in India and see how this disgusting thing is practiced.

Comment

Working...
                              X