your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your opinion

So. What contribution do the junaid jamsheds of the world make. How is what they're doing helpful for anyone or bettering humanity as a whole.

Compared to

What scientists leave behind and what humanitarians leave behind and what teachers do for the world and what social workers do etc etc etc

Who of the two has helped progress the world?

And we think the Muslim world will lead in the future

Seen the literacy rates of Muslim countries and their political systems and their devaluation if life, seen their economies and their culture

Re: your opinion

no one?

Comment

your question is too hard for most of us! would you accept my two cents...i doubt you will!!!
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by philosophy View Post
        So. What contribution do the junaid jamsheds of the world make. How is what they're doing helpful for anyone or bettering humanity as a whole.

Compared to

What scientists leave behind and what humanitarians leave behind and what teachers do for the world and what social workers do etc etc etc

Who of the two has helped progress the world?

And we think the Muslim world will lead in the future

Seen the literacy rates of Muslim countries and their political systems and their devaluation if life, seen their economies and their culture

Are you speaking about the musician?

Comment

I would put Junaid Jamsheds of the worlds in the same group with teachers and social workers who impact one person/one family at a time. You can't ignore their contributions.
          People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Peace of Mind
            Turn the table...
            Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

Comment

I would say that Junaid Jamshed and people like him have immensely contributed towards reviving love for Allah (SWT) and RasoolAllah (SAW) and as a result have shown that there are more important things to life than making material progress ... There is a real purpose of life that is the investment of the permanent afterlife ... This life is a mere flicker of the eyelid in comparison ... Those people are teaching us that there is a much more important life to prepare for ... By focusing on the Sunnah we can learn about how good character is formed ... There is none so amazing as RasoolAllah (SAW) ... We can beat technology and power by becoming better humans, more ethical and more knowledgable ... The Junaid's of this world have made sacrifices moving from materialism and glamour to something better ... If everyone took his example and made personal sacrifices then we can end world hunger, give no cause to greed and jealousy and sort out the economy one time for all time ... Becoming religious does not mean becoming lazy ... You don't know how much work JJs are doing now and how in their spare time they do not relax and go on holiday ... They do ibadah and dzikr and by day they continue their normal jobs and reminding others including the dawah ... It is a big misconception that religious people are lazy and not interested in progress ... Progress for them however is about making a more tolerant public ...
              The Prophet(SAW) said:
              "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Haha

Imagine if every single human on this earth just sat around with a tasbe in their hand and worked towards getting a mehrab in their forehead.

Where would we be. Psyah you unthankful soul you wouldn't have the life you're living

Comment

^
                  Lolx , Islam doesnt teach us this , sirf tasbeeh n mehraab n Ibadat is actualy Huquq Allaah
                  There r Huquq ul Ibaad too if u knw , n without those Islam is incomplete
                  My Attitude :
                  If you want to say bad things about me behind my back,
                  Come in front of me, I'll tell you more 3:)

Comment

Originally posted by philosophy View Post
                    Haha

Imagine if every single human on this earth just sat around with a tasbe in their hand and worked towards getting a mehrab in their forehead.

Where would we be. Psyah you unthankful soul you wouldn't have the life you're living
                    Probably the most expensive item would be the tasbeeh as it would be in high demand ... And no wars and cleaner fresher air perhaps ... No technology either ... But knowing that this life is only a flicker of the eye compared to the real afterlife ... Does it really matter?

Unthankful? To whom? Indeed for all blessings in this life be they luxuries from our devices or natural beauties ... That thanks goes to Allah (SWT) and by learning Islam we become thankful and earnest towards our neighbours too ... It is people who avoid the spirit of Islam who are hurtful and unthankful to one another, negligent and rude even.

A man will come for judgment before Allah (SWT) and the angel will tell him that he to go into paradise through the Mercy of Allah (SWT). He says no, let me go in by the good deeds of my actions, judge me ... Then when they present before him the sight that Allah (SWT) gave him, they said the badal (payment for this bounty) is 500 years of continuous worship ... Then the man changed his mind and said no, no ... Give me the Rahma of Allah (SWT) ... When you know these things philosophy ... Then how can this life in our attempts for gaining power or the upper hand in technology and fair estimation in the minds of other people be that important?
                    The Prophet(SAW) said:
                    "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

By becoming religious he may have saved many people from fitnah ... Others could have become religious too ... He made have helped prevent them from zina, alcoholism and early death ... Did you know that the act of zina makes the heavens shake?

Junaid Jamshed has got a designer brand of shalwar kameezes so ... The first thing to look at is not him ... He was musician as he is now, he sang songs as he does now ... He did not really change ... His impact in terms of technology and progress earlier would be the same then as it is now ... It is unfair to suggest that his becoming religious has prevented Muslim progress.
                      Last edited by psyah; Aug 27, 2013, 11:40 PM.
                      The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

Wrong question.

How does junaid jamsheeds of the world can not be good scientist/humanitarians/social workers?

May be this is due to wrong perception of junaid jamsheeds.

Waisay who is better , giving some thing to humanity here or saving one from hell fire.what do you think is more important?
                        لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
                        BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

Looking back at the way the scenario is set up ...

Junaid Jamshed's of the world ___ vs ___ Scientists, Humanitarians, Teachers and Social Workers

I think that split is entirely unfair ... Why are scientists, humanitarians, teachers and social workers grouped on one side when Junaid Jamsheds are on the other side? I mean it is important to ask how many scientists are humanitarians, teachers and social workers as well.

Or on the other hand how many Junaid Jamsheds are also scientists or humanitarians or teachers or social workers ... Being a "Junaid Jamshed" I take that to mean "Professional Muslim Naat and Nasheed Artists" or does it mean something else?

Junaid Jamshed himself is a personality - he generates cash and gives in charity and he is in the designer clothes business ... I would see him comparable to someone like Jennifer Lopez - who has her own J-Lo brand. How would they compare with each other? He gives dawah as well.

I would call Yusuf Islam a Professional Muslim Naat and Nasheed Artist ... He is also a humanitarian ... Now is that humanitarian trait in him also not a parallel manifestation of him being a Nasheed artist?

Look at his awards:

• 2003 World Award also known as the "World Social Award" for "humanitarian relief work helping children and victims of war".[117]
                          • 2004 Man for Peace Award presented by Mikhail Gorbachev for his "dedication to promote peace, the reconciliation of people and to condemn terrorism", the ceremony was held in Rome, Italy and attended by five Nobel Peace Prize laureates.
                          • (2005) Honorary Doctorate by the University of Gloucestershire for services to education and humanitarian relief.[118]
                          • 4 January 2007, The Mediterranean Prize for Peace in Naples, Italy. The award was received "as a result of the work he has done to increase peace in the world."[119]
                          • 10 July 2007, honorary doctorate (LLD) by the University of Exeter, in recognition of "his humanitarian work and improving understanding between Islamic and Western cultures".[120][121]
                          • 6 November 2009, Special Achievement Award of the German Sustainability Award.
                          The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

Recognition of people by other people is in actual fact quite a pretentious thing ... To determine true contribution to society a person should only be looking at themselves ...
                            The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

This all assumption is based on intentional eye closing and hypocrisy that prevails in our society.

On one side, we don't want our children to get proper religious knowledge / education, lest someone label them Molvi. Only those children are sent to Madarsas, who are otherwise considered unable to meet the normal education requirements. With all this attitude, we shamelessly cry on the acts of bigots and keep our mouth zipped when someone criticise Islam in the name of actions of such disregarded / marginalised people.

We close our eyes and don't learn and look at our history when many Muslim scientists were also scholars of Islamic jurisprudence. We are eager to compartmentalize religious people and shining stars. Have we ever tried to highlight the works of those Muslim scientist and ponder over why all this was gone from the hands of Muslim? We have heroes from the west, but we conveniently disregard our own assets, our own forefathers.

I've read many comments on this very forum that JJ was handsome and people admired him before he joined tableegh. So, what does this show? our hatred / insecurity of people who got themselves rectified (according to their understanding). Music is halal or haram is still undecided issue and if someone left his music career, used his voice for rendering naat, etc and used his time to convey message of Allah, he lost his stardom for us. All of sudden, he becomes subject of our taunts. Are we criticising him or the religion he follows? Before being religious his posters were placed by kanwari kaniyas in their wardrobes and with a beard they found that he is no more acceptable for their enlightened and modern lives.

I'm not a big fan of JJ and there are certain things I don't agree with him, but compartmentalization of religious and non-religious people and portraying religious people as good for nothing is the biggest stereotyping our society is following blindly today.
                              We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X