Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humanity Needs and Technology

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Humanity Needs and Technology

    the article implies "The Balance Between Technology and Humanity is Fueling Technology’s Popularity"
    I literally laughed after reading it. i can guess what you started thinking
    Ok, how many of you know more than 5 percent of what your smart phone can perform? nevertheless, is it what we really need or we are told to believe that it is our need?
    somewhat same is the csae with other luxuries.
    considering the craze, do you think that world is heading in right direction?

    blogs.cisco.com/perspectives/the-balance-between-technology-and-humanity-is-fueling-technologys-popularity/

    We are living in arguably the most exciting time
    in human history, and I’m mesmerized by how
    fast our world is evolving thanks to brilliant
    technologies and the sheer volume of inanimate
    objects that are connecting to the internet on a
    daily basis, forming the internet of everything
    (IoE).
    As much as it seems everything is digital these
    days, our world is almost entirely analog.
    However, digital technology (and its massive
    potential to revolutionize our world) is trending
    toward mainstream popularity, in spite of
    traditionally being relegated to the minds of the
    ‘geeky’ few. The reason for this trend is simpler
    than it might initially appear and it’s the topic
    of this post.
    Last edited by ajazali; Aug 24, 2013, 04:45 AM.
    Turn the table...
    Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    #2
    Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

    Got to start with a disclaimer. That I am not too tech savvy. And also got to give props to technology - that Ee take for granted. Smart buildings save fuel. Emission standards allowed vehicle design that now cuts down significantly on particulates (and NOx also I think). Smart grids are the wave of the future. The Khan Academy is now accessed by rich and poor alike. In all corners of the world. Google has leveled the playing field. Mobile phones allow us to stay in touch. Skype allows us to see loved ones thousands of miles away ( though I don't know how to use it).
    Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

      However, we have become robots. Slave to the mobile phone.you attend a conference, and 30% are checking their phones. 20% checking Internet on laptops. 10% playing with Ipad. 10% napping. What a waste.

      Drivers texting. Runners with headphones.
      Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

        I am all for technology that fulfils our needs.
        Turn the table...
        Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

          Yes.

          Long time ago I read a story of two neighbors.

          One was against new inventions and technology and wanted to live in the world very simple way.
          Second man had opposite idea.

          One day a bear came in to the front yard of the first man house and was ready to attack his child but there was the sound of a gunshot. The bear fell dead on the ground.

          And then there was the second man who came, picked up the child and handed over to his father!
          Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

            ^ welcome back diwana!
            Turn the table...
            Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

              Technological advances are a manifestation of the knowledge that humans have been blessed with. If you use the knowledge and create something useful that makes others' lives easy, then you're serving humanity. If you create it with the intention of causing others harm, then your use of the knowledge is akin to showing arrogance for the blessing, and a disservice to humanity.

              The example that I can best recall which sums up the idea is what I have heard from a scholar:

              *Paraphrasing*
              Adam was given the knowledge of all things. As time went on, that knowledge continued to unfold in stages. It is still unfolding. So it is no coincidence that as time progresses we will witness more amazing feats at the hands of Humans. It's like the seed of a fruit tree. Within a single tiny seed lays an entire tree with countless fruit and seeds. Once the seed is given nourishment, it starts to grow, it yields its' leaves, branches, fruits and continues to grow for as long as it is expected/destined to grow.
              Boycott Indian economy. Buy Pakistani!

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                Originally posted by ajazali View Post
                ^ welcome back diwana!
                Thank you.

                We should be reminded that In a vast majority of scenario, its not the technology, but the human using technology are to be blamed for any negative use.
                Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                  Originally posted by teggy View Post
                  Technological advances are a manifestation of the knowledge that humans have been blessed with. If you use the knowledge and create something useful that makes others' lives easy, then you're serving humanity. If you create it with the intention of causing others harm, then your use of the knowledge is akin to showing arrogance for the blessing, and a disservice to humanity.

                  The example that I can best recall which sums up the idea is what I have heard from a scholar:

                  *Paraphrasing*
                  Adam was given the knowledge of all things. As time went on, that knowledge continued to unfold in stages. It is still unfolding. So it is no coincidence that as time progresses we will witness more amazing feats at the hands of Humans. It's like the seed of a fruit tree. Within a single tiny seed lays an entire tree with countless fruit and seeds. Once the seed is given nourishment, it starts to grow, it yields its' leaves, branches, fruits and continues to grow for as long as it is expected/destined to grow.
                  You have just ticked off atheists, liberals and Pro-abortions...like Bill Maher.
                  Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                    Originally posted by diwana View Post
                    Thank you.

                    We should be reminded that In a vast majority of scenario, its not the technology, but the human using technology are to be blamed for any negative use.
                    you are right. but who is to define which (or of which level) technology is really our need and which not. I dont think it is balanced. technololgy should be submissive to human. what type of benifits can we get from chemical weapons and atomic bombs? after all such things too are result of technological advancements.
                    Turn the table...
                    Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                      Originally posted by ajazali View Post
                      you are right. but who is to define which (or of which level) technology is really our need and which not. I dont think it is balanced. technololgy should be submissive to human. what type of benifits can we get from chemical weapons and atomic bombs? after all such things too are result of technological advancements.
                      Ajaz bhai, CW and atom bombs are mere destructive tools created from otherwise 'neutral' technologies...like chemistry and nuclear science.

                      The technology IS submissive to human, it all depends on what kind of human are in control.
                      Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                        I think we should all become farmers again

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                          Originally posted by diwana View Post
                          Yes.

                          Long time ago I read a story of two neighbors.

                          One was against new inventions and technology and wanted to live in the world very simple way.
                          Second man had opposite idea.

                          One day a bear came in to the front yard of the first man house and was ready to attack his child but there was the sound of a gunshot. The bear fell dead on the ground.

                          And then there was the second man who came, picked up the child and handed over to his father!
                          the second man was rajnikant and the first was chuck norris.
                          Simple ain't easy.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                            ^ Chuk Norris would have killed the bear, bare handed.
                            Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Humanity Needs and Technology

                              Chuck Norris
                              Be someone that makes YOU happy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X