Eid Milad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eid Milad

As we all aware that many of us celebrate this day and many others are not. Also we discussed this topic many many time here on GS. However, I would like to put forward a question and I hope you guyz will answer according to my question and nothing more than that. This is because we including other should be able to understand. So here is the question.

1- When was the 'eid milad' celebrated first time ever? Who and when it was started?
    Plz answer your question with references, if any, and again plz answer as per the question not more than that.

Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Re: Eid Milad

Why are you trying to incite the Barailviees???
    Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

doesn't matter...the practice is purely bid'a...period!

kulla Bid'atin zalaalah, wa kulla zalaalatin fin-naar"

Al-Hadith (Sahih Muslim).

Translation of the above hadith: Every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance leads to Hell fire.
      Last edited by KKF; Aug 14, 2013, 04:46 PM.
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

I found this:

Nobody knows exactly when the first celebration of the Prophet’s birthday was celebrated or marked as a holiday. Noted in history that the celebration was found during the reign of Wazir al-Afdlal (487-515 AH/1095-1121 CE) of the Fatimite regime in Egypt. The celebration was held during the day time and attended by government officials and Muslim spiritual leaders in town. The Fatimite amir as a head of state sat in the balcony of the palace and three speakers in sequence delivered their Mawlid speeches. They talked about Muhammad’s origin, his birthday and his life. Celebration was not only for the Prophet’s birthday but also the birthday of Ali (the Prophet’s cousin), Fatimah (his daughter) and the Amir as the present imam of Shi’ite Muslim. The influence of the Shi’ite doctrine of the celebration of the Prophet’s birthday was very clear and is still eminence in modern Egypt even today. Foreign tourists who visited Cairo several times or anybody who ever stayed there for a long period will note that Husain’s birthday (the Prophet’s grandson) was celebrated more thoroughly and illimuniously than the Prophet’s birthday, in the meantime the majority of Muslims in Egypt today adhere to Ahlu as-Sunnah’s Islam.

Ibnu Khalikan’s historical report says that Ahly as-Sunnah version of the Prophet’s birthday celebration was introduced in Egypt by Al-Malik Muzaffar Ad-Din Kukburi in 604 AH/1207 CE. Kukburi was brother of Salahuddin al-Ayyubi (Saladin). These were the days of Crusade where almost 200 years waves after waves of crusaders from Europe came to the heart of the Muslim world in the Middle East to fight Muslims in their own countries.

Prophets – Muhammad: Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday Celebration
        The Prophet(SAW) said:
        "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Is the date of birth of the Prophet SW confirmed at 12 Rabiul Awal?I heard that there is dispute over his date of birth.......however his death is confirmed on 12 Rabiul Awal.....is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb:9701309
            Is the date of birth of the Prophet SW confirmed at 12 Rabiul Awal?I heard that there is dispute over his date of birth.......however his death is confirmed on 12 Rabiul Awal.....is that true?
            Is not that sad that knowing that date is a confirmed death date and an unconfirmed birth date, we actually celebrate his death anniversary.
            People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

If you make such assertions.......you are gustakhe rasool

Comment

Originally posted by TLK View Post
                Is not that sad that knowing that date is a confirmed death date and an unconfirmed birth date, we actually celebrate his death anniversary.
                Peace TLK

Nobody celebrates the death of RasoolAllah (SAW) ... But they celebrate his (SAW)'s life on the day he (SAW) passed away ... And which is the day he (SAW) might have been born ... Focusing on the date is the error ... It is just a chosen date for remembering our leader and spiritual father ... and this date issue is a distraction from the act itself ... Those people who love RasoolAllah (SAW) should not be condemned from remembering his life - the date is not important.
                The Prophet(SAW) said:
                "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post
                  If you make such assertions.......you are gustakhe rasool
                  People who say that are wrong too ... TLK has a valid point ... But it is misplaced because those who celebrate it themselves cannot answer the question properly ... They often think that it is a birthday ... And they treat it like that ... It is really a Remembrance Day ... and it is chosen so people can arrange to remember him (SAW) together and increase the impact.
                  The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

But the same people also do not believe that he ''died'' right? So for them the ''death'' date doesn't make sense...thats why they celebrate it................. kya khyaal hai??

Comment

Originally posted by psyah:9701361
                      Originally posted by TLK View Post
                      Peace TLK

Nobody celebrates the death of RasoolAllah (SAW) ... But they celebrate his (SAW)'s life on the day he (SAW) passed away ... And which is the day he (SAW) might have been born ... Focusing on the date is the error ... It is just a chosen date for remembering our leader and spiritual father ... and this date issue is a distraction from the act itself ... Those people who love RasoolAllah (SAW) should not be condemned from remembering his life - the date is not important.
                      You are just being polite here bro. In Pakistan, we celebrate. We put decoration lights all over the city. No one uses laal haree peeli battiyan on someone's death day, even if he is celebrating the life.

Comment

Just to remind ourselves that the companions of prophet, who were the best of the best group according to Quran, never considered the day of prophet's birth or death as a a day to remember.

On the fourth year of Umar's rule, Muslims felt the need of Islamic calendar. They discussed the start date of that calendar.

'Someone suggested that the era should begin from the date of birth of Prophet Muhammad. Some suggested that it should begin from the death of Prophet Muhammad. Ali suggested that it should begin from the date on which the Muslims migrated from Mecca to Madina. After discussion, Ali's suggestion was agreed to.'

Comment

I celebrate it. Go ahead and judge me!
                          “I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot. ”

Comment

My point is that one may bring up so many reasons for not doing something ... Focusing on the love of RasoolAllah (SAW) is an important factor for modern day Muslims, but there are pressures that people bring to prevent this love from manifesting.

There are many things that the Sahabah (RA) did not do ... Such as they did not classify Hadith into collections ... Ilm-ul-rijaal was not done, 'aqeedah was not encoded by them either ... But they recognised RasoolAllah (SAW) for who he was ... On the battlefield they would jump up to intercept the arrows on their own chests with smiles on their faces in order to protect the Messenger of Allah (SAW) ... He is the vessel through which the holy Qur'an was revealed to us ... And for many people they had only sight of him (SAW) ... And his word was enough to believe in Allah (SWT) ... Mawlid is an innovation ... It is designed to bring a strong love in to the hearts of people who are distanced from RasoolAllah (SAW) with space and time ... We can bring ourselves in a proximity to him (SAW) by remembering him ... And this is what it is about. Although the practice is new ... It is to reproduce the Sunnah of the Sahabah ... That is of intense love of the Last and most important prophet of God ... (SAW) ... Why would anyone want to condemn people for seeking that out?
                            The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

could someone elaborate how do you celebrate birthday of the holy prophet (pbuh)? In Jammat-e-Ahmadiyya, we hold 'Seerat-un-nabi' jalsas, where different aspects of his(pbuh) seerah are elaborated and naats are recited etc. The main difference is that we don't fix a particular day to celebrate rehmat-al-lilaalameen.
                              Last edited by kchughtai; Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 AM.
                              Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X