X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you perform Umra on your own?

salaam dosto,
    hru?

i would like to know if any of you have performed 'Umra on your own...i mean you did NOT go with any group.

i'm planning to stop over in Jeddah on my way back from India in Dcember and perform 'Umra on my own...this will give me freedom to go to Madina and places of ziyaarat in and around Makkah Mo'azzima and Madina Munawwarah.

do the Saudis give Tourist Visas to Canadian citizens?

thanx in advance for the info provided. jazaak Allaho Khair.

faqat Khaak_nashiiN
    _______KKF
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Re: can you perform Umra on your own?

I heard that after Ramadan umrah visa is closed. Until after Dhul-Hijjah ... Now you need to apply for Hajj visa only ... Umrah reopened in November I think.

You can do umrah yourself ... But you need the right stamps n your passport.

why not go for Hajj instead?
    The Prophet(SAW) said:
    "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Bhai, i dont know about canadian citizens but yes, you can perform umrah on your own. Actually, its much better to do so as you can plan at your own ease.
      Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.(al-Ankabut)

Comment

Re: can you perform Umra on your own?

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
        salaam dosto,
        hru?

i would like to know if any of you have performed 'Umra on your own...i mean you did NOT go with any group.

i'm planning to stop over in Jeddah on my way back from India in Dcember and perform 'Umra on my own...this will give me freedom to go to Madina and places of ziyaarat in and around Makkah Mo'azzima and Madina Munawwarah.

do the Saudis give Tourist Visas to Canadian citizens?

thanx in advance for the info provided. jazaak Allaho Khair.

faqat Khaak_nashiiN
        _______KKF
        Here is the process.

1. Being a canadian you need a visa for KSA prior to landing at a saudi airport.

Govt. of Canada site for travel to KSA
        Travel Advice and Advisories for Saudi Arabia

2. To perform Umrah on your own, without a group, you have to get a basic package Umrah where a Umrah/Hajj group coordinator licensed by KSA govt., from within Canada can obtain a Saudi Umrah visa for you. They should be charging you a basic fee, which would cover visa fee, airfare, and some hotel charges. If you don't need hotel due to friends/family in makkah / madinah then just negotiate with them for a base price.

You have to apply through an approved agent to get the visa
        Umrah Visas - Hajj

3. Once you have your visa, and travel to KSA then you can pretty much perform Umrah yourself.
        I have done all the above, only I went from Pakistan several years ago, condition are not very different.

I pray you intention is rewarded and plans fulfilled by help of Allah swt

Comment

Working...
        X