What Is Our Purpose of our Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is Our Purpose of our Life

Have you ever asked yourself that what is the purpose of your life in this world? What was you answer? Is it:
    • Just obey Allah SWT
    • Just convey Allah's message i.e. do Tableegh of Islam
    • Just pray five times a day, complete all 'Arkaan-e-Islam'
    • Just live an ordinary life and complete your life span in this world.
    • Other - please specify
    Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Re: What Is Our Purpose of our Life

To live my life with respect for others, and doing what is right to the best of my abilities.
    You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
    Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
    Omar Khayyam

Comment

W'Salaam.

My answer would be a combination of the above statements. I see my life as an exam...fulfilling my duties in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah for a pass into Jannah, insh'Allah.
      The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah will love to meet him" [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

non serious jawaab dene kaa mood hai is liye:

khaao, piyo, mauj, mastii karo aur nocho khasoTo aur phir daf'a door ho jaao
        Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
        16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

All of the elements listed are only a means to achieve the purpose of life in this world ...

> Life in general was Created so Allah (SWT) becomes known
          > Life on the Earth (human and jinn) is so people can be Selected to go to paradise as opposed to damnation

The purpose of something can only be seen from the perspective of the owner of that thing. Since we are not owners of our lives any purpose we draw for ourselves will be deficient. However, from the POV of Allah (SWT) the two answers above are the succinct answers to the question.

The points above in the OP stem from these two reasons ...
          The Prophet(SAW) said:
          "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Peace,

I was reading the life of our Prophet Muhammad how He struggled hard to spread the religion Islam. Isn't its our duty to spread Islam and stop (caution pplz from doing sin) wrong doing as it is narrated in hadith to stop the worng doing (sin) and the weakest point is considered a wrong doing (sin) is your heart rather than stoping it and in Qur'an stated "And cooperate in righteousness and piety, but do not cooperate in sin and aggression". That is what trigged me to ask myself 'what is our purpose of our life and what I am doing?'.
            Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

AOTA
              Fools never disagree.

Comment

What's AOTA?

Comment

All Of The Above.
                  Fools never disagree.

Comment

In ancient times before Islam came at the place called Pakistan, a great Sanskrit philosopher named Charwak lived (no Pakistani even tries to remember their forefathers, they are fed with the lie that there was ignorance all around before Islam).
                    CHARWAK said
                    " yawat jiwet sukham jiwet, rinam kritwa ghritam pibet"
                    This meant that forget it there is no God, Till the lst you live you live with pleasure, even if you have to take loans for such pleasures.
                    Tell me who has seen God or when you talk of religion _ was it your choice to select a religion. All this is imposed upon you by your parents and the you have been rules by rotten ideas of 'mazhab ke thekedaars'.

Comment

To serve Allah (swt) and mankind

Comment

Originally posted by yusufkhan1972 View Post
                        In ancient times before Islam came at the place called Pakistan, a great Sanskrit philosopher named Charwak lived (no Pakistani even tries to remember their forefathers, they are fed with the lie that there was ignorance all around before Islam).
                        CHARWAK said
                        " yawat jiwet sukham jiwet, rinam kritwa ghritam pibet"
                        This meant that forget it there is no God, Till the lst you live you live with pleasure, even if you have to take loans for such pleasures.
                        Tell me who has seen God or when you talk of religion _ was it your choice to select a religion. All this is imposed upon you by your parents and the you have been rules by rotten ideas of 'mazhab ke thekedaars'.
                        In what year did Charwak live? And why is his idea more accurate than what our parents have given us? I ask because according to me the quote you have given only supports the idea that "there was ignorance all around before Islam".
                        Last edited by psyah; Nov 24, 2011, 08:43 AM.
                        The Prophet(SAW) said:
                        "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

In nutshell, pupose of life is continuously striving and moving from a lower state towards a higher and refined state. and ultimate objective being getting closer to Allah (swt).
                          Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X