how do you pay zakat..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you pay zakat..

apparently most people keep certain amount of tola of gold forthemselves, whatever the nisab or something is, sorry my islamic knowledge on this is poor. so for years everyone i know keeps the required amount and pays zakat ON THE REST ONLY.....now my husband is saying we have been doing it all wrong. apparantly your meant to pay zakat on EVERYTHING......YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED to keep any amount zakat free....he says once u have more than a certain amount ( nisab) then u must pay on ALL OF IT NOT EXCLUDING IT.....

does this make sense....im still confused.

so how do u pay urs...

he says hes asked 2 different imams......

Re: how do you pay zakat..

I pay on all of it.

Comment

Simple calculator
      http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/zakat/zakat_calculator.shtml

and here is the one in UK
      http://www.ramadhanzone.com/zakat_calculator.asp

We always pay around 10% more than the estimated amount just in case....
      Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
      Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Your hubby is right.
        People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Im no sure but if u have more than 7tOlas gold then u are liable to pay zakat on all of ur possessions!

I have more than 7 so i pay zakhat on all!

Comment

Originally posted by nadz123 View Post
            apparently most people keep certain amount of tola of gold forthemselves, whatever the nisab or something is, sorry my islamic knowledge on this is poor. so for years everyone i know keeps the required amount and pays zakat ON THE REST ONLY.....now my husband is saying we have been doing it all wrong. apparantly your meant to pay zakat on EVERYTHING......YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED to keep any amount zakat free....he says once u have more than a certain amount ( nisab) then u must pay on ALL OF IT NOT EXCLUDING IT.....

does this make sense....im still confused.

so how do u pay urs...

he says hes asked 2 different imams......
            best option to pay your zakah to kidney hospitals in karachi.

or you may select SIUT hospital karachi/ imran khan's shokat khanum memorial hospital.
            and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
            [25:74]

Comment

but is there a reference in quran or otherwise.....

because if my husband is right, surely theres a reference, and since most people i know pay zakat the wrong way then, itl be hard to convince them without a reference.......

thanks

im very proud of my husband if hes right, because his own parents told him he was doing it the wrong way......

Comment

Originally posted by nadz123 View Post

and since most people i know pay zakat the wrong way then, itl be hard to convince them without a reference.......
                the burden is on those people to prove that they are right, not on you to prove that you (or your hubby) are right. If they dont get convinced, let them continue, but you switch to paying zakat on the whole amount.
                People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

you pay on all of it and also some people say they left the gold for there children .. but i believe you still have to pay zakat on it.
                  I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by firenze View Post
                    you pay on all of it and also some people say they left the gold for there children .. but i believe you still have to pay zakat on it.
                    That is right. There is no such thing as "baitee ki shadi ka set hai". Whatever you own, you have to pay zakat. Once kids are married and you have gifted the gold only then you can stop paying zakat on that
                    Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                    Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

we pay on all of it.....in fact not only on the gold.....we pay on savings, property and other expensive items that are in our possession.
                      giving a little more does not hurt but not giving it could.....this way when we enjoy something that is a luxury item we do not consider it a guilty pleasure......

Comment

as almost everyone said above, there is no such thing called "kept for oneself" or "kept for daughter's marriage". and its not only on gold.

but yeah there are certain things you are not liable to pay zakat on
                        example1: the land you bought for the sole purpose of constructing your home on it someday when you will have enough amount
                        example2: the loan you may have taken from someone (the person who has given the loan will pay zakat on it

better consult some learned scholar
                        Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

Comment

Peace Nadz123,

Please see Zakat_and_the_Method_of_its_Calculation
                          Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
                          X