Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do other animals have souls

do they?

or is that what differentiates us from the rest? because other than that, we are ultimately the same

Re: Do other animals have souls

i don't think they do...........but thats just what i think.......it has no basis whatsoever.
    Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

i would like to believe they do
      pass de dutchie

Comment

According to Judaism and Christianity, there is a difference between a soul a spirit. As far as I know, Islam does not make a difference.

According to Judaism and Christianity an animal has a body and soul, a human has a body, soul and spirit.

Comment

^^^ and whats the diff between soul and spirit?
          All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. We call these "corporations."

Comment

does all life have a soul? this should have been my question actually.

and yes, what is the difference between soul and spirit?

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi ki Botal View Post
              do they?

or is that what differentiates us from the rest? because other than that, we are ultimately the same
              Ofcourse they do. The relevant question is why would anyone not believe they have souls?
              You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
              Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
              Omar Khayyam

Comment

Originally posted by Med911 View Post
                Ofcourse they do. The relevant question is why would anyone not believe they have souls?
                Peace Med911

Are you surprised we are in agreement for once? Even plants have souls ... and single-celled organisms ... The Christians determined women have souls only 200 years ago ...
                The Prophet(SAW) said:
                "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

I Believe they do ....

Comment

Originally posted by Med911 View Post
                    i think so too.

Comment

Originally posted by psyah View Post
                      Peace Med911

Are you surprised we are in agreement for once? Even plants have souls ... and single-celled organisms ... The Christians determined women have souls only 200 years ago ...
                      What is soul? Does it has physical proprieties? If not, how do you define it?

Me thinks there is no soul. We just exist as a form of energy and when die we just go from one form to another. Why am I wrong?
                      All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. We call these "corporations."

Comment

Originally posted by psyah View Post
                        Peace Med911

We always agree on the basics, and on principle.. Just not in the details..
                        You know, My friends, with what a brave carouse I made a second Marriage in my house;
                        Favored old barren Reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse.
                        Omar Khayyam

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi ki Botal View Post
                          i think so too.
                          Just for fun, I was hoping someone would challenge me on this point... There is a great point that Peter Singer raises when confronted with the logic that somehow our intellectual (and perhaps spiritual) capacity, gives us superiority over and dominance over other creatures. To this he replies, so what of severely mentally retarded humans? Should we then also treat them as we do animals (in the context of his debate, he meant eat them), if they are intellectually equivalent to an animal?
                          Omar Khayyam

Comment

Originally posted by Shamraz Khan View Post
                            What is soul? Does it has physical proprieties? If not, how do you define it?

Me thinks there is no soul. We just exist as a form of energy and when die we just go from one form to another. Why am I wrong?
                            I think for this energy you speak of, to be considered a soul, should be conscious of itself.

Energy without a conscience is no different from propane.

There is no need to think we are made of energy however, we in fact are a form of energy in a very real sense. Energy for worms.

Its remarkable when you think about it. The elements that our bodies are composed of, came from the same source, and ultimately it will all return to that source.
                            The carbons that formed in the heart of a star, for one brief moment in eternity, coalesced to form a thinking, feeling human being, with an entire lifetime of achievements. And the air you breath, who knows, perhaps it was a carbon from the last breath drawn by Ceasar himself.
                            Omar Khayyam

Comment

OMG, that is the exact thing that intrigues me beyond expression. We were all literally stars at some point in history : D (btw this is also the idea in Hindusim, I think--the soul ultimately joins with the rest of the universe and that is what breaks the continuous cycle of rebirth--very debatable, but still intriguing how they believe something similar) I forget the proper terms for the concept:S

also, a mentally retarded human is still a human, it's just variation in a species from a scientific perspective. Our medicinal advances attempt to reverse such changes. Eating other humans would just be cannibalism, I don't get that guy's point...

Comment

Working...
                              X