Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mushrikeen (polytheists) Also Believed in Allaah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mushrikeen (polytheists) Also Believed in Allaah!

"And if you asked them, "Who created the heavens and the earth?" They would surely say, "Allaah." [Soorah Az-Zamar 39:38]

TAWHEED AT A GLANCE

Linguistically, Tawheed means to single out, and in Islamic terms it means to
    single out Allaah - subhaan wa ta'aala - by 'Raboobiya' (recognition of His
    Lordship), by 'Aloohiya' (in worship), and by 'Asmmaa was-Sifaat' (Lofty Names and Attributes).

Tawheed Ar-Raboobiya is recognition and acceptance that Allaah - subhaan wa ta'aala - is the Lord of everything and the Creator of everything. He is the Master and the One who sustains us all with His Provisions and Bounties. He is the One who Gives Life and Brings Death. And all the affairs are in His Hand and He is capable of whatever He Wills. And with that, He has no associates or partners.

"All praise is due to Allaah, Lord of the Worlds." [Soorah Faatihah 1:2]

But just to say this and follow this category of Tawheed alone is not enough, as
    the Mushrikeen, during the time of the Prophet - salallaahu "alayhi wa sallam - also recognised Allaah in this way, but they were not Muslims because at the same time associated partners with Him, rather than single him out in Worship.

"And if you asked them, "Who created the heavens and the earth?" They would surely say, "Allaah." [Soorah Az-Zamar 39:38]

So along with this, we must also single out Allaah in worship, which is precisely what the Mushrikeen failed to recognise and do. And this phenomenon can be be described as 'Tawheed Al-Aloohiya', also known as
    'Tawheed Al-'Ibaadah' (Tawheed of Worship).

With this, we acknowledge that all worship, be it by the actions of our limbs, the actions of our tongues or by the actions of our hearts, is for Allaah alone. And it is compulsory that we purify all of our Deen for Allaah by singling Him out in worship.

"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me." [Soorah Adh-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

And this in effect is the category of Tawheed that the Mushrikeen rejected. They say with regards to Muhammad – salallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam:

“Has he made the gods [only] one God? Indeed, this is a curious thing.” [Soorah As-Saad 38:5]

The third category of Tawheed is that of ‘Asmaa was-Sifaat’. And that is to have Eeman (firm belief) that Allaah – subhaan wa ta’aala – has Names and Attributes that do not resemble and cannot be compared to any other individual. And these Names and Attributes have either been described by Allaah Himself in the Qur’aan or by the Messenger – salallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. And it is not permissible for anyone of us to reject these Names and Attributes, or alter them or give them a likening and compare them with any of Allaah’s creation.

"And it is Allaah – the Most High – who is Ever Living, Ever Lasting and He is The Almighty, The Haughty, and He is the All Knowing."

And it is Allaah alone to whom such Beautiful Names and lofty Attributes belong.

“There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.” [Soorah as-Shoora 42:11]

There is no similarity whatsoever between the Creator and His Creation in essence, in attributes or in deed.

&peace

--------------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Yes, my friends if someone call us nigger or a paki - we would yell DISCRIMINATION & RACISM, but, it is OKAY for us - muslims to call the others - POLYTHEISTS, mushrikeens or idolators or whatever!

Because - this RACISM has been Divinely santioned - is it not Hasnain?

By calling others - POLYTHEISTS, muslims try to impose their supposed superiority of their Allah versus the Supreme Being of the Polytheists & Idolators!

This is what Hasnain means in his title:
    Topic: The Mushrikeen (polytheists) Also Believed in Allaah!

from Hasnain:
    "There is no similarity whatsoever between the Creator and His Creation in essence, in attributes or in deed."
    Unless one happens to be a follower of a supreme being that goes by other name than Allah!

Comment

Originally posted by hafeez123:

Yes, my friends if someone call us nigger or a paki - we would yell DISCRIMINATION & RACISM, but, it is OKAY for us - muslims to call the others - POLYTHEISTS, mushrikeens or idolators or whatever!
      I think your argument is a little flawed here. Nigger or Paki are generally accepted as derogatory terms that are disliked, particularly by those on the receiving end. Their use is for no other purpose but to ridicule a certain category of people.

Any word or title can be turned into an insult depending on the speaker's intention and form of address. I could call someone "German" and mean it as an insult even though the word "German" is not in and of itself an insulting or discriminatory word.

Words like polytheistic (Arabic: mushrik) are descriptive terms that are used even by polytheists themselves to describe their beliefs. In the same way that adherents of Pagan beliefs call themselves pagans and witches. These are not meant to insult, they are accepted descriptions. Pantheists describe themselves the same way.

So 'polytheist' falls into the same category of words as 'monotheist' – fundamentally, there's no difference.

For example, visit www.hinduwebsite.com (providing comprehensive information on Hinduism) and there you'll find a link to a page that talks about the "gods and goddesses of Hinduism" - but the important point is, what is the title of the link that takes you to that page? It's titled 'Polytheism'! So Hindus themselves have no qualms about using this term - proof enough that it is not understood in a disparaging fashion.

And Allah knows best.

Iqbal

[This message has been edited by Iqbal1089 (edited August 11, 2002).]

Comment

from Iqbal:
        So 'polytheist' falls into the same category of words as 'monotheist' – fundamentally, there's no difference."
        Iqbal,
        Is a polytheist equa to a monotheist and has equal previleges under the laws of islam?

I ask you this because you have STATED that there is no difference between a polytheist and a monotheist!

You seem to be sggesting it is OKAY to call someone - a kafir, heretic, mushriq, zindiq, etc!Is it also OK to enforce the Islamic laws that go with those terms?

What you are doing, under the garb of defending your creed, is spreading intolerance against another group by suggesting that it is Okay when it is not!

Racial slurs or Derogatory comments are equal to physical assaults and charges can be laid!

It's time to lay charges upon mullahs for spreading religious hatred and using derogatory terms - be they inside a nosque or outside!

Comment

Hafeez123
          When Allah swt in the Holy Quran describe some ppl as Kafir, Mushriks, Majuzi, Sabiens or Ahlul Kitab I doubt it is an insult. Its just word/term to describe their belief/them. We might feel it is derogatory term but it's not.

------------------
          Every dark cloud has a silver lining, But lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it.

Comment

[b] You seem to be sggesting it is OKAY to call someone - a kafir, heretic, mushriq, zindiq, etc!Is it also OK to enforce the Islamic laws that go with those terms?

It's time to lay charges upon mullahs for spreading religious hatred and using derogatory terms - be they inside a nosque or outside!
            What do you suggest? We start calling Hindus Ahlul Kitab?

Comment

Iqbal,
              Is a polytheist equa to a monotheist and has equal previleges under the laws of islam?

I ask you this because you have STATED that there is no difference between a polytheist and a monotheist!
              I'm talking about 'polytheist' & 'monotheist' from a purely linguistic perspective. In other words, just as using the word 'monotheist' is not derogatory, the same is the case with the term 'polytheist'. This is clear from the context of my original reply. You've gone of at an altogether different tangent.

Iqbal

[This message has been edited by Iqbal1089 (edited August 11, 2002).]

Comment

three montheistic religen = polytheistic
                it is just a number .
                out of the three only one is theritcally true
                religen? or all three of them true? then
                it becomes three then there is no need for the word mono? or three monotheistic sounds
                contradictory.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited August 11, 2002).]

Comment

from Iqbal:
                  I'm talking about 'polytheist' & 'monotheist' from a purely linguistic perspective. In other words, just as using the word 'monotheist' is not derogatory, the same is the case with the term 'polytheist'. This is clear from the context of my original reply. You've gone of at an altogether different tangent.
                  Iqbal,
                  I a not sure why you would want to do that!

We are discussing verses from the quran so, let's stay within that perspective.

Are those people EQUAL under the laws of Islam?

If not, then - my friend, you are trying to deceive!

from Google:
                  Hafeez123
                  When Allah swt in the Holy Quran describe some ppl as Kafir, Mushriks, Majuzi, Sabiens or Ahlul Kitab I doubt it is an insult. Its just word/term to describe their belief/them. We might feel it is derogatory term but it's not.
                  Google,
                  Pls quote the verses from HQ and hadiths re the above people.

Are these people EQUAL under Islamic Laws with the muslim?

If they are not then the terms are RACIST regardless of how you may choose to defend the religion "sent as a mercy to mankind"!!

from google:
                  What do you suggest? We start calling Hindus Ahlul Kitab?
                  According to the teachings of Islam, we do not have choice but to DE-NIGRATE & penalize all those who disagee even the muslims!

Comment

rememeber anything you do to others they can do it you. so common sense multual respect
                    tolerance should guide our relationships
                    with others.

Comment

Iqbal,
                      I a not sure why you would want to do that!
                      Want to do what?

We are discussing verses from the quran so, let's stay within that perspective.
                      To be honest hafeez123, i haven't the foggiest idea what perspective you are in.

If not, then - my friend, you are trying to deceive!
                      I think you have somehow deceived yourself into thinking that i've deceived you!

Iqbal

[This message has been edited by Iqbal1089 (edited August 12, 2002).]

Comment

Iqbal,

If you do not have answers pls do not post non-sense! Because I'll just re-post it and ask it again!

This discussion right from the start is based upon the Laws of islam for those that it considers polytheist.

So, to call polytheist EQUAL to a monotheist and then to claim that you were talking - linguistically - is a bloody deception!

Are the polytheists & idolators EQUAL under the laws of Islam?

If not then the terms are RACIST !

Comment

So, to call polytheist EQUAL to a monotheist and then to claim that you were talking - linguistically - is a bloody deception!
                          Let me remind you of what i began by saying (here are some quotes with added emphasis):

"Any word or title can be turned into an insult..."

"... even though the word "German" is not in and of itself an insulting or discriminatory word."

"Words like polytheistic (Arabic: mushrik) are descriptive terms..."

"So 'polytheist' falls into the same category of words as 'monotheist'..."

Notice a trend here? See how i'm constantly talking about "words" and "terms" - that's linguistics my friend. So now who is the one deceiving others?

Iqbal

[This message has been edited by Iqbal1089 (edited August 12, 2002).]

Comment

Iqbal,
                            Obviously you will not or cannot answer a simple question but prefer to dabble in babbles!

CONCLUSION:
                            =========
                            Under Islamic Laws the polytheists, Idolators, apostates & blasphemeers are all subject to HARSHEST penalties and can never be EQUATED with the muslim believers!

As such - the terms of polytheists, kafirs etc are RACIST - be they spoken from the mosques or outside!

Comment

Iqbal,
                              Obviously you will not or cannot answer a simple question but prefer to dabble in babbles!
                              From a linguistic perspective, what do "dabble" and "babbles" actually mean?

Iqbal

Comment

Working...
                              X