Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~Ae Musalman teri dereena wo azmat hai kahan?~

Who is Syed Abu Bakr Maliki?
    Literature and especially poems are great for touching emotions and the heart.
    Do you think Pakistan needs emotional exhortations or a calm and well thought out strategy to deal with the many many problems that emotionalism has caused in Pakistan's history?

Comment

Asalam O Alaikum Wr Wb,
      I am not sure who he is. I really liked the poem, its touching and well like u said, emotional.
      I am not sure, what is the solution to all the problems we have in Pakistan.
      Emotions itself are quite needy (loss for words!) to some extent. Because that is one thing that connects any breathing life on this earth to another.
      But one cant always make decisions ruled by the emotions. I am not sure about the "mistakes" made in Pakistan's history, but i am concerned about our present and our future to come. Looking at the present situation of Pakistan as an Islamic country, it chills me how it might just end.

Comment

Walaikum Asalam,

I am concerned about Pakistan's Future as well. Let me say what I think is the path we should follow to improve the situation, and I will be more than happy to receive an open and honest answer.
        I think Pakistan cannot afford to close itself off from the world right now. Most of the people in Pakistan (i.e 97 out of 100) call themselves muslims. I think as we interact with the world we should not be worried about losing touch with Islam but trust the muslims of Pakistan. I think we have talked a lot of Jihad all over the world and scared many people into thinking that Pakistan is a dangerous place. We need to change that. We should tell our Arab friends to go back to their lands and fight their own battles, while we take care of building a nation for people living in Pakistan. I think we should not live in the past and try to recapture the glory of empires gone, but see the world for what it is. The world now needs education and science. We need to make sure that pakistanis are educated and able to compete in science and technology with the best of nations. Let's make ourselves strong and capable, then the world will ask what is our secret, and perhaps then we can tell them.

Comment

a she'r from my own poetry....

jis ka fard hone ki tamana karte thay anbiyaa
          ajaz khair-al-bashar ki woh ummat kahan gayee

[This message has been edited by armughal (edited August 11, 2002).]
          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
            a she'r from my own poetry....

jis ka fard hone ki tamana karte thay anbiyaa
            ajaz khair-al-bashar ki woh ummat kahan gayee

Wah!!

Comment

Next president of Pakistan: OldLahori!!!

Comment

Working...
              X