Muslims do haraam i know....but why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslims do haraam i know....but why???

There was a poem on the other thread talking about how Muslims are such bad Muslims but it fails to address why? but simply gives simple observations.

One thing i have noticed is yes there are many people who fit that description of not practicing. That is clear. Everyone can observe that Muslims are not Islamic.

The thing that isn't examined is why Muslims are unislamic as to tackle a problem one needs to go to the root. Simply telling people they are bad Muslims is not going to make them change as they know that, to explain to them WHY they do haraam rather than halal is more likely to make one change.

I have been at a kuthbah where the speaker just told everyone how bad they were as Muslims like you have girlfriends etc. but didn't address why this problem exists.
    Why Muslims choose this way of life over Islam.

I know girls don't wear hijab but why don't they wear hijab?

I know Muslims drink but why do they drink?

Simply why do Muslims live a life of haraam rather than Islam?

It's a lot easier to say what is happening but it would make a better discussion to discuss why Muslims are not practcing.

What do the guppies think?

Aslaamíu alaikum

I donít think there is one simple answer to this question, they are lots of factors why ppl chose Harram over Islam.
    One: the pressure of society and the lack of Islamic education given to people. Muslim girls donít wear Hijab - even though they knw they should becoz they donít release the importance of it, they feel itís ďOKĒ not to be wearing it. Another reason why people chose harram over Islam is becoz they donít have the fear of Allah inside them, if they truly did they would think twice before doing anything wrong. Men who drink - when they knw they shouldnít donít have any fear of what they are doing.

To have the love of Allahítaíala and His Messenger (saw) is also an important factor in this issue.

Iím not an expert with this but these are my views on your questions

All the best.

Comment

Sheik ji: Are you a good muslim, who does not do any haaram? If yes, how do you manage that, and if no, then why do you do that?

Comment

Allah says in His glorious Book:

"Allah wishes to lighten the burden for you, and man was created weak." (4:28)

'Abdullah ibn 'Abbas (r) relates that Allah's Messenger (s) said:

"There is no believing servant except that he has a sin that he commits from time to time, or a sin in which he persists and does not abandon until he leaves this world. Surely, the believer was created as one who is frequently tried and tested, who often repents and (then) forgets. When he is admonished, he accepts the admonition." (Recorded by at-Tabarani in Mu'jam al-Kabir #11,810 and others)

Allah's Messenger (s) also said:

"All of the children of Adam commit sins/make mistakes, and the best of those who sin/make mistakes are those who turn in repentance." (Sunan at-Tirmidhi, ibn Majah, and others)

Iqbal

[This message has been edited by Iqbal1089 (edited August 10, 2002).]

Comment

but the problem is that no matter how the pairrent teach the kids islam and no matter how hard the mulla beats the kids islam society will always have biger impact on people. so i think that is what we need to change.
          but how do we do that?

Comment

Originally posted by clubber lang:

... but how do we do that?
            Hmmm, let me guess... with the khilafah perhaps?

Iqbal

Comment

Originally posted by Iqbal1089:
              Allah says in His glorious Book:

"Allah wishes to lighten the burden for you, and man was created weak." (4:28)

'Abdullah ibn 'Abbas (r) relates that Allah's Messenger (s) said:

"There is no believing servant except that he has a sin that he commits from time to time, or a sin in which he persists and does not abandon until he leaves this world. Surely, the believer was created as one who is frequently tried and tested, who often repents and (then) forgets. When he is admonished, he accepts the admonition." (Recorded by at-Tabarani in Mu'jam al-Kabir #11,810 and others)

Allah's Messenger (s) also said:

"All of the children of Adam commit sins/make mistakes, and the best of those who sin/make mistakes are those who turn in repentance." (Sunan at-Tirmidhi, ibn Majah, and others)

Iqbal

[This message has been edited by Iqbal1089 (edited August 10, 2002).]
              ...It dosn't mean that we shouldn't be practising the fundamentals of Islam just because we know that we are bound to sin... And of course, Muslim Caliph System is a must-establish-as-soon-as-possible type of issue...

Wah salaam

Comment

Originally posted by Paxtani Mentality:
                ...It dosn't mean that we shouldn't be practising the fundamentals of Islam just because we know that we are bound to sin...
                I agree entirely. The quotes i cited weren't meant as an encouragement to do wrong or to promote some kind of defeatist philosophy to not bother doing good deeds because we are all just sinners. They were meant to show Allah's full awareness of our abilities and limitations and His all-encompassing Mercy.

Iqbal

Comment

Why is it that one does any action.
                  We do an action based on the thoughts we carry.
                  Where do we learn our thoughts, we learn it from society. What is the society in our lands?, it is Kufr.

A brother mentioned that sisters feel it is acceptable not to wear hijab, that is because Muslims are taught right from wrong from the society and not from Islam.
                  Society tells a woman to reveal more to be attractive and women act on that.

Muslims drink because that is part of culture in this society.

Clubbing everything are norms in this scoeity so you see Muslims pick this instead as an Islamic society is not in place. In our own lands like Pakistan the society has been infiltrated by the global companies and global TV and society is becoming more liberal and Muslims are turning to the Kufr culture in our own lands as well.

We are given two choices Islam or Kufr.
                  For example every man has sexual urges. Both have a method of dealing with it. Islam says to either get married or fast while Kufr says to obey your instinct like animals and have sex when you feel like it.
                  The society is Kufr and many will choose the Kufr option as it is their way of life which is being pushed in society.

We are taught to live life for this life and to live it to the fullest and Muslims act upon this philosophy making priorities such as money, fast cars and mansions their live goals. These aspirations are taught to us in a Kufr society while a Muslim society would be based around living life for the hereafter.

Society is what dictates peoples actions. Parents have some effect but kufr gives more exciting options in this society. When you are brought up in Kufr, parents have little effect as peers, media etc make Kufr look so appealing.

So to change people and for Muslims to judge their actions by Islam and not Kufr an Islamic society is a requirement.
                  As an example picture every woman covered then would you see a girl come out in a short skirt. Just like Islam is seen as an outcast, Kufr would be.
                  Pubs instead of pubs, clubs.
                  A culture based upon Islam and doing actions which are pleasing to Allah and not the kufr that we do today.

Muslims do haram because they follow a corrupt society which is contradictory to Islam. So just like Muslims follow Kufr nowadays, if under Islam where the society is based around Islam Muslims would have their norms and values defined by Islam rather than the kufr that Muslims base their attitudes on today.

Comment

Ah Salaam u alaiqum ,

Yup, I already knew what you meant Iqbal bhai... The reason why I wrote :"...It dosn't mean that we shouldn't be practising the fundamentals of Islam just because we know that we are bound to sin..." was to make it clear that even though we sin, and repent and repeat this processs, we should bear in mind that our intention(s) are what are going to count first and foremost, so if we have done some bad deed(s) we can cancel them out by doing something positive, and have the niyaat that insha Allah we won't return to the same error again...

By the way, I read (somewhere) that a Mumi'neen (Believer)is one who doesn't return to the same error twice... Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Paxtani Mentality:

By the way, I read (somewhere) that a Mumi'neen (Believer)is one who doesn't return to the same error twice... Right?
                      Yes, there is a hadith in which Allah's Messenger (s) said:

"A believer (mu'min) is not stung from the same hole twice." (Sahih al-Bukhari 8:154 & Sahih Muslim 4:7137)

It means that a believer sincerely avoids committing the same mistake/sin again and again, even though his resolve might slip from time to time.

And Allah knows best

Iqbal

Comment

Working...
                      X