Just a suggestion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion....

Asalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatallahee Wa Baraakatahu my brothers and sisters i was just thinking why not take advantage of this forum instead of wasting our time bashing and proving each other wrong, why not spend that time helping and teaching each other, insh'Allah.

We all can improve our deen, and increase our eemaan, insh'Allah.

Verily from the most rewarding ventures a person can undertake is to pursue knowledge of Allaah's Deen. The ones who are favored with understanding of the Religion, not only does Allaah want good for them,

"If Allaah wants good for someone, He gives him understanding
    in the Religion." [Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

but he inherits directly from the noble prophets of Allaah,

"Verily the prophets do not leave behind deenaars or dirhams (money),
    rather they leave behind knowledge, so whoever gets hold of it,
    gets a great amount of good." [Aboo Daawood and At-Tirmithee; saheeh]

and becomes like the full moon compared to the rest of the stars,

"The example of the scholar compared to the worshipper is like the difference between the full moon and the rest of the heavenly bodies."
    [Aboo Daawood, At-Tirmithee, and Ibn Maajah; saheeh]

and one lives his life with the true fear of Allaah that He deserves, as Allaah says [35:28]:

( Verily the ones who (truly) fear Allaah
    from among His Servants are the scholars )

Since summer is almost here, insh'Allah we all can take a little time out to gain some knowledge. I encourage all brothers and sisters to ATLEAST read one ayah of the Quran daily with transalation, and if possible tafsir insh'Allah.

I was thinking that maybe we can have our own little gupshup halaqaa, insh'Allah. We should start with aqeedah and manhaj lessons but i'm not capable enough to moderate it, insh'Allah i can help teach fiqh lessons.

I was going to start with the basics, but how about first we take a little test to see where we are, cause there are so many little things that we might of either forgotten, or not paid much attention to, and then we can go from there, if Allah(swt) wills.

If i can get atleast 10 people who are interested i'll start, insh'Allah.

Allahu Aalaam

fe eman'illah

------------------
    'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'
    My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.[20:114]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:
    "Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
    [Saheeh Muslim]

[This message has been edited by appkiamaanat (edited May 13, 2002).]

Dear sister-

What a wonderful idea! Yes, I am very much interested in it.

However can we start at a very basic level? I can't understand all the words that you used in your message. We all come from different backgrounds, differnt amounts of exposure to Islaam, and since Arabic isn't my native language, I'm not familiar with a lot of terms a lot of muslims take for granted.

Jazakillah Khairun

------------------
    Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoomu bi-rahmatika astagheethu aslih lee sha'nee kullahu wa laa takilnee ilaa nafsee tarfata 'ainin

Comment

Unfortunately I don't exactly know what kind of threads u have in mind for doing this.

Just a suggestion...in another discussion forum I saw Tafseer and Hifz threads being opened on one verse each week/ month. I think this would be a nice opportunity to come across the verses and opinions of others all around the world.

As u are looking for 10 people...I like the idea.

Comment

good suggestaion

------------------
        "Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs.... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

Comment

yes that sounds like a good idea, but dont forget there are many differences of opinion amongst us.. sunni, shia/qadiani etc.

how do we have lessons etc with everyone holding a different point of view about the basic things such as 5 pillars etc etc

one example you have quoted from sahih, bukhari etc but aren't some of our co-guppies going to believe things when they have already passed comments on Bukhari being false....and other accusations

i hope it works out and i would join in.

Comment

Good idea sis

Comment

If i can get atleast 10 people who are interested i'll start, insh'Allah.
              Please count me in as one of the ten who are interested.
              Many many thanks for taking this initiative, Insha'Allah it will be successful.

Comment

Great post

I was going through your quotes and I wondered how many of the Ahadeeth and the Aayaat we take for granted. I agree with your post.

However, I also completely agree with Saima

Maybe, appkiamaanat , you should come up with some guidelines regarding the kind of posts that would be acceptable within those threads.

[This message has been edited by Khoon-e-Shaheed (edited May 14, 2002).]

Comment

Jazak'Allah Khairun for everyone who replied

Akhee Khoon-e-Shaheed i was going to set some guidelines, was just waiting to see first who is interested.

First of all, if you don't want to participate or don't agree with something, STAY OUT OF THE THREAD! But offcourse correct me or any other brother or sister if we make a mistake, insh'Allah.

Second, our goal should be to learn, nothing else. Insh'Allah. So please keep your personal feelings about members to yourself, INSULTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!

All of the lessons will be from the book The Prophet's Prayer Described by Shaikh Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani (rahimahullah) translated by Usama ibn Suhaib Hasan, insh'Allah.

I'm very serious, and plan on sticking with the lessons until all aspects of salaah are covered, insh'Allah. Please brothers and sisters be serious with your deen.

Allah(swt) knows best, May He help us all. Ameen.

------------------
                  'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'

"Whoever sets out on a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy his path to Paradise."
                  [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Originally posted by Muni:
                    Dear sister-

What a wonderful idea! Yes, I am very much interested in it.

However can we start at a very basic level? I can't understand all the words that you used in your message. We all come from different backgrounds, differnt amounts of exposure to Islaam, and since Arabic isn't my native language, I'm not familiar with a lot of terms a lot of muslims take for granted.

Jazakillah Khairun

Sister let me know whatever you don't understand, and insh'Allah i'll do my best to help. I'm not very familiar with arabic either, just been taking arabic classes for two years now, but lots more to learn, insh'Allah

------------------
                    'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'

[Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Originally posted by appkiamaanat:

halaqaa,aqeedah and manhaj lessons,fiqh lessons.

fe eman'illah

Aapki-

I'm not familiar totally with the above words. Forgive me for my ignorance but could u give me a general sense of what these are, if not the exact definition.

I recently started hearing the word "halaqa"-- I gather it means something like "Quran study"?

Fiqh means somthing like Science of Law in Islaam?

Fee 'aman allah- In God we trust?

Thanks! Jazakillah Khairun

Now lets get started with that test

Comment

Count me in.

I think we can start with the extreme basics of belief. Sal`at would be a big jump to start off with. It would be great if all topics covered are properly referenced.

For the post above mine,
                        I think, "halaqa" means group or gathering,
                        "Fiqh", is something like Science of Law, it usually deals with things which are not covered directly under Sunnah or The Quran and the conclusion needs to be derived by scholars who have studied The Quran and the Sunnah a great bit. Different school of thoughts believe in a different 'Fiqh'. (This is my understanding)
                        "Fee'aman Allah", Until then, in the Protection of Allah (Departing gesture).

Looking forward to some solid studying.

Comment

Ok first i want to see where everybody is at, i'll give a few quizes... and then we will start with the lessons, insh'Allah.

Please everyone try to answer as many as you can by yourself!!

TRUE or FALSE:

___ 1. When the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) heard that the Companions were unsure of the qiblah and had not prayed towards the correct direction, he did not tell them to repeat the prayer.
                          ___ 2. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) used to pray optional prayers on his mount while travelling.
                          ___ 3. It is not permissible for sick people to pray while laying down.
                          ___ 4. The Ka'bah has always been the direction of prayer for the Muslims.
                          ___ 5. It is permissible to pass in front of praying people who have no sutrah.
                          ___ 6. The Prophet (salllallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) never sat in his night prayers.
                          ___ 7. The hadeeth which describes Jibreel informing Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) about the dirt on his shoes is a clear proof that prayer in shoes has been abrogated.
                          ___ 8. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) once prayed on the minbar to show his superiority over the rest of the Companions.
                          ___ 9. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) taught us to fight the one who stubbornly tries (three times) to pass in front of us in prayer.
                          ___ 10. The author collected many authentic narrations that support holding your hands below your navel in prayer.

MULTIPLE CHOICE:

___ 11. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) forbade us from: (a) praying in shoes (b) praying towards pillars (c) praying without a sutrah (d) sitting in congregational prayers while the imaam sits

___ 12. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) used to: (a) put his right hand over his left in prayer (b) put his left hand over his right in prayer (c) leave his hands hanging to the sides (d) none of the above (i know this one is confusing, try to pick the best one, insh'Allah)

___ 13. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) forbade us from: (a) looking around like a fox (b) looking to the sky (c) pecking like a hen (d) squatting like a dog (e) all of the above

___ 14. The hadeeth, "He who raises his hands during the prayer, there is no prayer for him," is: (a) proof against raising the hands in prayer, except for the initial takbeer
                          (b) a slightly weak hadeeth, but acceptable (c) fabricated (d) none of the above

___ 15. In prayer, you should look: (a) to your place of sajdah (b) between your feet
                          (c) nowhere, you should close your eyes for concentration (d) at a picture of the Ka'bah
                          or the Ka'bah itself

Name two things the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) used as a sutrah:
                          16._____________and 17.____________(i know there are a few, but i'm looking for the ones he actually placed)

List the three things that nullify your prayer if they pass between you and your sutrah.
                          18. __________, 19. __________, and 20. ____________ (plz be specific)

** i'll post the answers after a few replies insh'Allah.

------------------
                          'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'

[Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Appkiamaanat great idea.

sutrah??? Would that be the partition u put up infront of u before u pray???

Could we start from the basics plz?

Comment

Yup sister sutrah is something you place infront of you when praying. hmmmmmm...i took this quiz from an online course you can take on fiqh, this was the second one, i thought this was kinda basic.

Like i said before we are going to be doing these lessons from the book 'The Prophet's Prayer Described' and the quizes go in order with the chapters, anyways can't anyone even try it??

Looks like no one is interested.

------------------
                              'Rabbee zidnee`ilmaa'

[Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Working...
                              X