Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companions of the Prophet

The wisdom of Abu Ad-Darda

The wisdom of Abu Ad-Darda, may Allah be pleased with him, recommended fraternity and established human relations on the basis of human nature itself. Thus he said, "To admonish your brother is better than to lose him. Give your brother advice and be tender with him, but do not agree with his covetousness lest you become like him. Tomorrow death will come and you will lose him. How can you weep over him after death when you did not give him his right while he lived?"

[Compiled from "Men Around the Messenger" by Khaalid Muhammad Khaalid. p. 269]

Source: YMFN

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Last words of the Liberator of Egypt from Rome!

Amr Ibn Al-Aas (May Allah be pleased with him) liberated Egypt from the tyrannical rule of Rome. In A.H. 43 death caught up with Amr Ibn Al-Aas in Egypt, where he was ruling. He recaptured his life in the moments of departure saying, "In the first part of my life I was a disbeliever, and I was one of the fiercest people against the Messenger of Allah, so if I had died then, the fire would have been my fate. Then, I swore allegiance to the Messenger of Allah, and there was no person more dear to me than he and more glorious in my eyes than he. If I wanted to describe him, I could not, because I was not able to fill my eyes with him on account of being in awe of him. If I had died back then, I would have wished to be of the inhabitants of Paradise. Then after that I was tested with command and with material things. I do not know if they were for me or against me."

Then he raised his sight to the sky in awe, calling upon his Lord, the Merciful, the Magnificent, saying, "O Allah, I am not innocent, so forgive me. I am not mighty, so help me. And if Your mercy does not come to me, I will surely be of those destroyed."

And he continued in his yearning and his prayers until his spirit ascended to Allah and his last words were, "There is not god but Allah."

[Compiled from "Men Around the Messenger" by Khaalid Muhammad Khaalid. pp. 485,486]

Source: YMFN

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

"...Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the worlds" (6:162)

Comment

Amr...sadly sided with Muawiyah in the war of succession. It is said before he died he realised how his anger at being deprived the governorship of beloved Egypt had biased him against Hazrat Ali, and he started crying, when asked if he was crying, he (Ican't remember the exact words) but to the effect that he feared how he would be Judged when he went into the hereafter.

The Arrow of Allah...let power corrupt him at the end...
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

You are right about that. He was one of the close companions of Muawiyah ibn Sufyan.

------------------
        There are no stupid questions.....but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Working...
        X