Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Warning & Sincere Advice to Those Who Mock & Slander the Companions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Warning & Sincere Advice to Those Who Mock & Slander the Companions ...

<< Bismillaah Ar-RaHmaan Ar-RaHeem >>
    In the name of Allaah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful ...

"And the first to embrace Islaam from the Muhajiroon (those who migrated from Makkah to al-Madeenah) and the Ansaar (those who lived in al-Madeenah and aided them after migration) and those who follow them in goodness. Allaah is well-pleased with them, as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. This is the supreme achievement. [Surah at-Taubah 9:100]

It is said that the evil eye can break a stone, and a single bolt of lightening can destroy a nation’s harvest. But the impact the tongue can have, can be far more devastating.

It was deeply and utterly saddening to read some of the recent posts in this forum, that rejected the words of Allaah - subhaan awa’taala - and His Messenger -salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam - by assaulting and insulting the Companions - radhi allaahu 'anhum. Some remarks are so shocking, astaghfirul ‘atheem, that one cannot help but get upset as well as angry.

"Do not abuse my companions, for if any of you were to spend gold equal to Uhud in charity, it would not equal a handful of one of them or even half of that." [Bukhari] (Uhud = mountain range situated north of Madeenah which reaches altitudes of 6,000 feet).

The uncompromising faith of the Companions (also includes the wives of the Prophet - sallaahu 'alaihi wa'sallam) has been certified and attested to by Allaah and His final Messenger, Muhammad salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam. However, the most disturbing fact remains that even with this witness for the excellence and virtue of the Companions, there are still some people who not only give precedence to the statements of unattested historical figures, no matter how contradictory to Islaam, but in the process ridicule and slander the companions.

The mistake does not lie in quoting individuals from history and contemporaries when it comes to Islaamic issues. But rather on many occasions, arguments have been staged to supportively quote individuals of past and present who hold opposing views to Islaam, whereas the authentic narrations brought forward to us by the Companions are being brushed aside and rejected. The very same companions of the Prophet - salallaahu ‘alahi wassallam - whom Allaah describes in the Qur’aan as being the Best of mankind: "You are the best of nations ever raised up from humanity. You enjoin all that is good and forbid all that is evil, and you believe in Allaah." [Surah Al-Imraan 3:110]

Then Subhaan’Allaah! Are Allaah’s words no longer of any significance? And are the words and actions of His beloved Messenger, Muhammad Ibn Abdullaah - salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam - no longer important? Of course they are. This is why as Muslims we ought to try our best to adhere to the Qur’aan and when the Prophet - salallaahu ‘alahi wassallam - says: "Whosoever abuses my companions, then upon them is the curse of Allaah, the Angels and all the people [at-Tabaranee], we should refrain ourselves from such evil actions of the tongue.

Imaam Ahmad has also said: "If you see anyone speaking ill of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah - salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam - doubt his Islaam."

Instead we should give the Companions - radhi ‘allaahu anhum their due respect and increase our love for them, as the Prophet - salallaahu ‘alahi wassallam - displayed his love for them. And if it were not for their efforts and the Will of Allaah, many of us would not be Muslim today. For it was they who went through misery and torture while being persecuted in Makkah; it was they who were stoned and beaten before being savagely killed at the hands of the disbelievers; and it was they, the Companions, whose blood was spilt on the battle fields for the sake of this Ummah, so that we would not have to go through the same torment and suffering to be Muslims today.

May Allaah increase our love and manners toward them, the Companions.

&peace
    -----------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Well all that is well and good, but history tells us that there were some problems at the very beginning....Jang e Jamal is an example. So is the rivalry between Ali (R) and Muawwyia (R). That means someone somewhere was wrong. I think we have to study that and draw lessons instead of diefying everyone involved.

Comment

Originally quoted by Hasnain:

The uncompromising faith of the Companions (also includes the wives of the Prophet - sallaahu 'alaihi wa'sallam) has been certified and attested to by Allaah and His final Messenger, Muhammad salallaahu ‘alaihi wassallam. However, the most disturbing fact remains that even with this witness for the excellence and virtue of the Companions, there are still some people who not only give precedence to the statements of unattested historical figures, no matter how contradictory to Islaam, but in the process ridicule and slander the companions.
      ... then which Muslim dares contradict Allaah and His Messenger - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam?

-----------------
      "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Look you are trying to shut out debate by invoking scripture. I can counter that by saying that I am trying to look for Allah's signs that he has laid down for those who seek as it is said in the Holy book. Logically speaking, asking questions is one way to seek out the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasnain:
          ... then which Muslim dares contradict Allaah and His Messenger - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam?

-----------------
          Do you mean to say that we should follow "ALL" companions? I, by no means, wish to say that any of the companion is 'hell-bound', astaghfirullah. The only issue I have with this is that we should "learn" lesson from sahabas, their good deeds as well as their mistakes, not follow blindly.

------------------
          May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Just wondering ...Is Abu Lahab and Abu Jahal consider Prophet Companions?

Comment

Husnain, I sincerely hope you're not refering to the whole hadith vs. sunnah thing.

If so, your post shows that you're too blind to understand my statements still.

If not, nevermind, carry on.
              I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by google:

do u even know the meaning of sahaba????
                or atleast even the english word companion????

------------------
                "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:

do u even know the meaning of sahaba????
                  or atleast even the english word companion????
                  Why don't you tell me what it means.

Comment

Originlly posted by Changez_like:

Do you mean to say that we should follow "ALL" companions? I, by no means, wish to say that any of the companion is 'hell-bound', astaghfirullah. The only issue I have with this is that we should "learn" lesson from sahabas, their good deeds as well as their mistakes, not follow blindly.
                    Changez_like,

The Companions were the best generation of Muslims. As you know the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - said: "The best generation is my generation ..."

We are to follow those who were closest to him - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - during his life, and these are clearly and without a shred of doubt his wives and those who narrated the bulk of the ahadeeth. As a whole, then yes, they must be followed in understanding of the Deen, as they understood the Deen the best.

However brother, following is one thing, and insulting, mocking and slandering is another thing. And there are groups out there (and they know exactly who they are!) that declare all the Companions as kafirs (astaghfirullaahu al'atheem), except for a handful, 5 or 6. Such people/group should fear Allaah, and fear Allaah again, for verily His - the Almighty's - curse shall be upon them, if they do not change their ways.

PyariCgudia,

Originally posted by PCgudia:

If so, your post shows that you're too blind to understand my statements still.
                    Some things are so obvious, that even the blind can see!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hasnain (edited July 24, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by google:

The enemies of Islaam cannot be considered as Companions.

--------------------

Comment

Hasnain;

The "group" out there who critize certain sahabahs do not call them kafirs. What they say is that the qur'an asks us to follow the ahl-ul-dhikr, and that these sahabahs are not part of the "People of Reminder" that Allah (swt)orders us to follow.

ws

Comment

Hasnain said:
                          Changez_like,

The Companions were the best generation of Muslims. As you know the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - said: "The best generation is my generation ..."

We are to follow those who were closest to him - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - during his life, and these are clearly and without a shred of doubt his wives and those who narrated the bulk of the ahadeeth. As a whole, then yes, they must be followed in understanding of the Deen, as they understood the Deen the best.

Brother Hasnain;

Are you saying that there were no hypocrits amongst the prophet's (pbuh) generations. The qur'an tells us that even the prophet (pbuh) himself did not know who they were. Hypocrits by their nature pose as believers and as such could partake in relating hadiths. Would this make them good believers ?

As far as the prophet's (pbuh) wives are concerned, a couple of them were warned by Allah (swt) in the qur'an for their mis-behavior. History tells us that one of them started a rebellion against the Commander of Faithful which resulted in the death of many muslims.

Are these the ahl-ul-dhikr that you think the qur'an is telling us to follow ?

Its about time we stopped regurgitating taught rhetoric and look at the facts for what they are.

ws

Comment

I hope your not implying Muawiyah, a man Prophet Muhammad (sm.) warned people about and manipulted the collapse of the only ever Democracy of that time, or Yazid the amn responsible for Karbala and the destruction of Makkah and Medina should be treated with any respect?
                            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Hasnain:
                              The enemies of Islaam cannot be considered as Companions.
                              Yes. I agree with you.

btw, do you know how the term sahaba/companion is define in our Fiqh (Sunnah Wal-Jamaah)?

Comment

Working...
                              X