Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Valley of Tuwa....

Quran: Surah 20:12

Verily I am thy Lord! Therefore put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa

this and many other place, the valley of tuwa has been called sacred....

any reasons why the valley is sacred????
    there is nothing in hadith about it....
    maybe someone has any idea from the earlier scriptures....

yusuf ali writes in his explanation that: "This was the valley just below Mount Sinai, where subsequently he was to receive the Torah"

anyone else has some other reasons????

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

If Allah in his wisdom and knowledge tells us that the valley is sacred, then it is sacred. For me that is explanation enough.

Comment

there is nothing in hadith about it....
      and here i thought hadith 'explained' the Qur'an.. what will we do now to understand this issue?? heavens forbid!! Use our own knowledge and understanding??
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
        and here i thought hadith 'explained' the Qur'an.. what will we do now to understand this issue?? heavens forbid!! Use our own knowledge and understanding??
        'heavens forbid', why can't you tell others what you know instead of beating the same drum?

------------------
        May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

This is the place where Musa AS saw the Fire.

It was through this Fire that Allah spoke to Musa AS directly. If this place isn't gonna be sacred, where Allah is present, then what is!!!

Please use some common sense.

Comment

[This message has been edited by zaksnoor (edited July 31, 2002).]

Comment

Sholay wrote: If this place isn't gonna be sacred, where Allah is present, then what is!!!
              ----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Sholay,

Isn't Allah everywhere?

Comment

Its a common misconception that Allah is everywhere, a misconception that stems from the newage belief that God is everywhere and in everything (including humans).

Allah is up there in the heavens, on his Arsh. He can see everything and knows even the deepest secrets of the heart but he is not everywhere.

Comment

Zaksnoor

I am surprised at you for not grasping my point.

When I stated Allah being present at Tuwa, I did not want to quote ayats confirming Allah's presence everywhere, but had hoped that most of the Guppies would of realised that Allah speaking directly to Musa AS, was a different presence to the one you and me are used to.

I hope you understand my point.

Comment

It's a valley on mount Sinai(Or Turay-Sineen as per the sura 'al-tin'). It's quite sacred actually as God has sworn by it. It's the place where Musa went to speak to Allah.....

Comment

Working...
                    X