Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can ladies go to graveyards?

aslamalaikum,

according to Islam, can ladies visit graves in the graveyard?

I do'nt see or feel any objection to that logically. Islamically, some one will definitely elaborate that.

Comment

I think a similar query has been answered before. Please try to search for the question and you'll find it

------------------
      May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Originally posted by Faatma Habeeb:
        aslamalaikum,

Nice question Fatimaa
        i will search it too shukriaa

PS:- jahan tak (meraa zaati nazriaa hai) agar koi Mumaaneyat hui bhi to iss wajahs e hogi keh be-pardagi hoti hai..wesse i am not sure main kissi Hadees ya Suraa kaa hawaala dene se qaasir hoon..lekin aap ne acHa sawaal kyia hai main bhi dekhoonga iss baare meiN

------------------
        Be-kHudi le gai kahaaN ham ko
        Der se intazaar hai apnaa
        Jis ko tum Aasmaan kehte ho
        So DiloN kaa gHubaar hai apnaa

[This message has been edited by Tassneef (edited July 19, 2002).]

Comment

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum2/HTML/012656.html

similar post was posted by moi :~)

hope i have helped

i hope it works this time

[This message has been edited by nia_khan (edited July 20, 2002).]
          Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

i never seen hindu or mulism women go in funeral procession. the dead body leaves
            the home without women i dont know why?

Comment

Originally posted by nia_khan:
              http://www3.pak.org/cgi-bin/gupshup/...assCookie=true

similar post was posted by moi :~)

hope i have helped
              That linke just got me back to the main page of gupshup.
              Is there a secret thread open there

------------------
              • “meRe SoOnE kE joOtE naHi." -- ShiNoO© ...
                "yoUr comManD iS mY wiSH." -- ShiNoO© ...
                "mE tO hooN hI BurRA." -- Ali_R 'n SHuJ©

Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

no....ladies are not allowed in islam to go to grave yards....its kinda bepardigi type of thing for women to go to graveyards...
                wallah alam bis sawab

Comment

no zahra, you're quite mistaken.

Ladies are most certainly allowed to go to the graveyard. And if indeed the dead do see women naked, as some people have posted up here (I dont know if that is even TRUE, or another stupid hindu tradition we've carried on), then does it make sense that a GHOST or SOUL is going to get sexually excited and have an erection over a LIVING female?

Comon guys, think a little here.

Plus, there are hadith that show women are allowed to go to a grave, and there is certainnly NO pabundi in the Quran about it.

Please think a little before you post up such jawaabs. Thanks - no offense Zahra ... of course, if you still think you're right on the matter, please do provide proof. Thank-you.
                  I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Male/female/Children do visit Prophet Grave in Makkah. In fact it is highly recommended to recite Fatiha on the soul of deceased.

Comment

Fiqh-us-Sunnah Fiqh 4.85

Can Women Visit Graves

Imam Malik and some Hanafi scholars, and, according to one report from Ahmad, most of the scholars hold it permissible for women to visit graves. This is based on the following hadith from 'Aishah, "What should I say to them, O Messenger of Allah when visiting graves?" As mentioned above Abdallah ibn Abi Mulaikah is also reported to have said, "Once 'Aishah returned after visiting the graveyard. I asked, 'O Mother of the Believers, where have you been?' She said: 'I went out to visit the grave of my brother Abd ar-Rahman.' I asked her: 'Didn't the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, prohibit visiting graves?' She said, 'Yes, he did forbid visiting graves during the early days, but later on he ordered us to visit them'." This is reported by Al-Hakim and Al-Baihaqi, who also remarked that this hadith was narrated only by Bistam bin Muslim al-Basri. Adh-Dhahabi said that it is a sound hadith.

Anas reported: "The Prophet, peace be upon him, saw a woman crying by the grave of her son, and said to her, 'Fear Allah, and be patient.' She replied, 'What do you care about my tragedy? ' When he went away, someone told her, 'Indeed, that was the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. ' The woman felt extremely sorry and she immediately went to the Prophet's house, where she did not find any guards. She called out: 'O Messenger of Allah! I did not recognize you.' The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, 'Verily patience is needed at the time of the first affiction'.'' (Bukhari and Muslim) This supports the argument in favor of the permissibility of women visiting graves, for the Prophet, peace be upon him, saw her at the grave and did not show his disapproval of it.

The purpose of visiting graves is to remember the Hereafter, which is something that both men and women need. Men are by no means more in need of this reminder than women. Some scholars disliked it for women to visit graves as they are less patient and too emotional. The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "May Allah curse the women who are frequent visitors of the graves." (Reported by Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi, who said that it is a sound hadith)

Al-Qurtubi said: "The curse mentioned in this hadith applies only to those women who visit graves frequently. The reason for this curse lies perhaps in the fact that it involves infringement of the rights of the husband, and leads to adornment and exhibition of their beauty to strangers, and shouting, yelling, and other similar things." It may be said that, "If no such harm is feared from women visiting graves, then there is no valid reason for preventing them from visiting graves, for indeed remembrance of death is something that both men and women equally need."

Commenting on Al-Qurtubi's view, Ash-Shawkani said, "This statement may form the basis for reconciling apparently contradictory hadith."

Comment

jazakallah khairun everyone that was very helpful...

Comment

Women cannot accompany the men to the graveyarfs for burial service of their loved ones;

but,

they can accompany the men and VISIT their graves in the graveyards after they have been buried!

Comment

Hafeez - very good, I asked this earlier too.

There is definitely NO prohibition ag/ visiting graves (it makes no sense to prohibit that), but what about burial services?

It doesn't make any sense to me that a woman is not allowed to attend a burial when she can visit the grave after the burial...I mean, if she's going to make a commotion, then she could do it very well after OR during the burial.

Also, my dad and I were talking, and he raised the question to me about if non-muslims are allowed to also visit graves (non-muslims as in Christians, Jews, atheists, Hindus, etc) --- anyone know the verdict on that?
                            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Faatma Habeeb:
                              aslamalaikum,

Faatimaa..sahibaa..meri english kamzor hai iss wajah se maiN ne aapko pehle sahih samjhaa nahi thaa
                              jaissa keh neeche doston ne bhi wazahat akr di hai
                              keh aurateiN qabarustaan ja sakti hain aur Qabar per bhi

..I thought keh Mayyat ke waqt ..yaani janaazaa keh saath
                              jaab kissi insaan ko daffan kiya jaata hai uss waqt
                              so i think ab aapko samajh aagai hogi doston ne nihaiyatr hi Umda andaaz meiN wazaahat ki hai.

Qabarustaan to kHwateen ja sakti haiN amgar Dafan ke waqt nahiN jaatiN

isski teen wajoohaat ho sakti haiN.

1.- Be-pardagi
                              2.- Aisse Auqaat emiN kasar kHawaaten cHotey aur kamzor dil ki bhi hotiN han jiss ki wajah se kai Hadisaat pesh aa saktin maslaan..kissi insaan ko dafnaate hwue dekhnaa baaz khawaateen ke bass ki baat nahiN hoti..jisski wajah se mushkilaat ka saamanaa bhi ho saktaa hai..yani keh wahaan log jo dafnaane gaye huwe hain..agar kissi kHaatoon ko gHussh aa jaye to wo Laash ko sanbhalein ya uss aurat ko? iss lyie behtar yahi samajha gaiya hogaa Islaam ki Rooh se keh iss se pehle aisse waqeyaat pesh aaiyeN aur Mayyat ki be-hurmati ho..Khawaaten ko janaaza ke saath jaana mamnoo qaraa de diya gaiya hogaa.

3:- kHwaateen ke saath amooman bachey bhi hote haiN jisski wajah se unke diloN per ya zehnoN per asaar bhi parhtaa hai...aur aaz kHawateen bhi aissi baatei zehan meiN rakh leetiN haiN jo unki Aulaad ke lyie bure asraat paidfaa akr sakti hai ..yaani keh jab bache Paida hoon to un meiN kai qissam ke kHauf paidaa ho jaate haiN!! iss lyie shaiyaad yeh mamnoo ho

------------------
                              Be-kHudi le gai kahaaN ham ko
                              Der se intazaar hai apnaa
                              Jis ko tum Aasmaan kehte ho
                              So DiloN kaa gHubaar hai apnaa

Comment

Working...
                              X