Tafheem-E-Den: On Prime TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tafheem-E-Den: On Prime TV

People this is a really great relgious program aired from PrimeTV on thursday. The host isSyed Junaid Ghuznavi. He reads the question that people email him. His replies are so educated.
    Last week somebody emailed and asked is it
    ok to hate the sinner.
    He replied, Islam doesn't teach us to hate
    at all. And why would hate a sinner. Hate
    his sin. He's sould is sick, just like people physically get ill and go to hospital,
    does the doctor hates the indivdual. No, he
    cures him. Such is the case here.

Oh man, I this is a wonderful program.

I think its good too - the only problem is that his urdu is too complicated - and given that its being televised for pakistanis abroad -- they ought to use either english or a towned down form of urdu.

What is the use of a language if you can't communicate with it?

At any rate, this guy has an open mind and isn't one of those fire-brimstone preachers.

I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

ok...... i dunt have no dish-vish cable-shable but do dey have a website or someting?

[This message has been edited by Paxtani Mentality (edited July 27, 2002).]

Comment

People this is a really great relgious program aired from PrimeTV on thursday. The host is Syed Junaid Ghuznavi. He reads the question that people email him. His replies are so educated.
        Last week somebody emailed and asked is it
        ok to hate the sinner.
        He replied, Islam doesn't teach us to hate
        at all. And why would you hate a sinner. Hate
        his sin. He's soul is sick, just like people physically get ill and go to hospital,
        does the doctor hates the indivdual. No, he
        cures him. Such is the case here.
        Oh man, I think this is a wonderful program.

Sorry guys, did' proof read it before. It's
        better now.

Anyway, pyaricgudya, I think he's urdu is
        fine for younger & for those people who's Urdu isn't quiet good. I understand that some of the words might be hard for you to
        understand, but you also have to realize that
        if proper vocabulary used, he's answers and
        words wouldn't appeal to masses.
        I suggest you watch the program with your
        parents or other elderly and ask them for help with the words that you have trouble understanding.

Comment

Paxtani Mentality, primetv does have a web site but the question is whether you can watch it this program over there. The answer is, No. I don't know any other web site where you can watch it but try www.pakistanvision.com

BTW, it's not hard to get prime tv. If you
          live in the USA, you can get dish network's
          statalite dish for free and then subribe to prime tv.

Comment

d.a. zulfi, my parents were educated and raised in Pakistan.

And they dont even understand him.

I manage to understand the gist of what he's saying, but still, this is a show for pakistanis abroad, and I'm not dumb. There is a difference between vernacular urdu and high standardized urdu - and if he continues to speak the way he does, no one is going to understand him.

Honestly, this is the only religious show i'll sit and watch - for a while, until the urdu gets to me.

I dont even watch tilaawat or roshni or anything else, sinc the urdu is too high - put up a post in shor sharaaba and see how many pple can understand this high urdu. I prefer to read my english translation that I have at home - at least i spend my time more productively than watching tilaawat.
            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Zulfi:
              Paxtani Mentality, primetv does have a web site but the question is whether you can watch it this program over there. The answer is, No. I don't know any other web site where you can watch it but try www.pakistanvision.com

BTW, it's not hard to get prime tv. If you
              live in the USA, you can get dish network's
              statalite dish for free and then subribe to prime tv.

problem isn't getting it, but rather getting rid of it after we get addicted to it, b-kuz my cuzinz in UK had it n wen i went der it wasnt all islamic n we use to get indulged in2 lollywood stupid fashion thingyz

Comment

PyariCgudia his urdu is not complicated at all.

I was born 'n' raised in the UK, my 1st language is Hindko, English 2nd, I only started learning Urdu when I was 9-10 yrs old and I understand him just fine...

It's our national language... we should be able to understand atleast that much...

man these burger families sooo **** me off...

Comment

problem isn't getting it, but rather getting rid of it after we get addicted to it, b-kuz my cuzinz in UK had it n wen i went der it wasnt all islamic n we use to get indulged in2 lollywood stupid fashion thingyz

hmm ok, do whatever you like and is best
                  for you.

------------------
                  Ganji Tind Qasiyan Di
                  Sari Masti Naiyaan Di.

Comment

Working...
                  X