Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maghrib time

asalamalekum,

since childhood i have often been told by elders that at maghrib time, ghar ki saari battiyan jala dou hor jo bhee kaam kar rahi ho chor ke faarigh baith jaa thori der ke liye' meaning, stop doing anything you are doing at maghrib time and just sit relaxed till a few minute after maghrib azaan. this is to be done for a few minutes before and after maghrib azaan.

and a definite no is to play any music at that time, ofcourse not during the azaan, but also a little before and after.

i was wondering if other guppies had heard similarly from their elders or know anything about this?

shukran

i have heard similar things too from my parents....
    atleast i used to hear when i was a child....

but have stopped them from these and many other baseless things now....

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Hmm...

Lets take a look at it logically here.

Its mughrib time the sun is going down Why wouldn't you want to turn on the lights? Now anything else added to that such as "balas' and what not I don't know about but I certainly don't want to walk in pitch darkness.

A few minutes after the azan why would you want to play music? Isn't it jamaat time a few minutes after azaan

baseless? Nah, maybe a bit distorted

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

thanks armughal and coconut

actually, i forgot to write this in my post earlier, but i remembered that i discussed the issue with a buzurg, and he told me that there is actualy a scientific reason behind this. something to do with the earths magnetic field at maghrib time and the human being's brain's magnetic field??

Comment

Dear sister Faatma,

Wa'alaykum assalaam,

As the brothers have said, there is nothing from Qur'aan or ahadeeth to suggest what you have mentioned. Unfortunately, it is something which has been passed down from cultural chains of narration, rather than religious.

In fact i've heard something similar, not from my parents, but other relatives. My uncle (mother's cousin's husband) passed away 2 years ago. For months that followed, my aunt (mother's cousin) would switch on all the lights in the house and open the front door. She had been told that the rooh (soul) of the deceased returns to the house every night. However, in truth, there is no religious evidence to suggest this but rather the contrary, where we find from ahadeeth that the souls of the dead are returned to the bodies in their graves and are in the barzakh (the state between this life and that of the Herafter).

Umm, as far as magnetic fields go, i really cannot see the connection between what the buzurg told you and switching lights on during maghrib. At least i haven't come across any source to support this, as vague as it does sound.

... and Allaah knows best

&peace

------------------------
          "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Originally posted by Faatma Habeeb:
            .....i discussed the issue with a buzurg, and he told me that there is actualy a scientific reason behind this. something to do with the earths magnetic field at maghrib time and the human being's brain's magnetic field??
            it might be a thought from some "sufi" type buzurg, may be a "modern" sufi who has knowledge of "magnetism" perhaps. i have not yet come across a hadith asking you to stop ANYTHING for maghreb especially.

however, from other scholars, I learnt that we should stop work during azaan for ALL prayers, not just maghreb and we should 'reply' to the 'azaan'. i don't have a source right now, if sometime later i find, i shall post it inshaAllah.

------------------
            May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

thanks Hasnain & Changez_Like

Comment

Working...
              X