Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Assalam O Alaikum,

These days I am hearing more and more cases in Pakistan, where daughters of the family are used as compensation for crimes of the others, or, as we tragically read about, a few weeks ago, a daughter was given punishment for crime(?) of her brother.

From a purely islamic point of view, I had always thought that there is a ruling in Islam that basically implies that you can only give punishment to perpetrator of the crime and not his/her near and dear ones. I think it stems from a hadith, which translates to "Do not give the punishment to son for the crime of the father" or something similar. The concept of "an eye for an eye" is only valid for the actual perpetrator and no one else.

Is the assumption incorrect? Or do the rules of qisas allow penalizing the families, other than for monetary fines?

I guess, basically, my whole question is around the concept of qisas and what are the ground rules for it.

Ref: Girls & gold save four from gallows

Thanks in advance
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

An eye for an eye is only applicable to the criminals. Punishment mete out to them does not extend to any other people from their nearest or extended family.

This judgment is not from Islam and those ppl are extremely ignorant

Comment

Working...
    X