X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children and family quarrels

Children and family quarrels

http://www.arabnews.com/Article.asp?ID=17094

A. This man may quote whatever text he wants, but when he justifies his behavior by a quotation from the Qur’an, then there is only one of two alternatives: either he does not know the meaning of what he is quoting or he is a liar, claiming that his own words are part of the Qur’an. Certainly there is nothing in the Qur’an to say that a mother has no right to her child and that all rights belong to the father who does what he wants. Besides, there is a clear injunction forbidding causing harm to a mother on account of her child. This is stated in verse 233 of Surah 2.

How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

From the above link

Islam gives both parents equal rights with regard to their children, and when a marriage ends in divorce, both parents have the right of access to their children. In the case of divorce, the child stays with his mother, and the father has to support the child, until the child is fully independent with regard to doing its essential things, such as eating, dressing, cleaning and bathing.

This is normally reached at the age of 7 or 9. At this stage, the child is given a choice to join either parent. The choice is by no means final. It may change as often as the child wants, which means that the child may go to its mother in the morning and to the father in the evening. His financial support remains the duty of the father, who should provide for his living and education. So there is no question of the father being able to deprive the mother of her right of access to her child.

Comment

I'm glad the writer wrote a good and sensible response to this woman.

I hope she fares better after conciliatory attempts with her husband. If he's a blockhead even then, I say she ought to just divorce him. No use in living with a guy that uses Islam as an excuse for abuse.
      I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Working...
      X