punishment of adultery and killing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

punishment of adultery and killing

We all discussed that punishment of "adultery" is not stoning. Punishment for killing is killing. Here is an Iranian court throwing a guy from cliff. Is such punishment ordered by Allah SWT?

Here

Does it mean that Shias also "kill" the adulterers? I thought it was only "Sunnis" following "Sahih Bukhari" killing the adulterers?

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited July 18, 2002).]

Killer, Rapist to Be Thrown Off Cliff in Sack
    Thu Jul 18,10:44 AM ET

TEHRAN (Reuters) - An Iranian man, convicted for raping and killing his 16-year-old nephew, will be executed by being thrown off a cliff in a sack, a newspaper reported on Thursday.

If the unnamed man survives the fall down a rocky precipice, he will be hanged, legal experts said. He has 20 days to appeal the court sentence.

The killer was arrested last year in the northwestern city of Mashhad after "seducing" and killing his nephew, who worked as an assistant at the man's carpenter's workshop, the Norouz daily newspaper said.

Under Iran's Islamic law, applied since the 1979 revolution, pederasty, homosexuality and adultery are among a long list of crimes punishable by death.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

------------------
    May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited July 18, 2002).]

Comment

No Shia knows if punishment of adultery is death? Or do they not want to disclose the punishment?

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
        Killer, Rapist to Be Thrown Off Cliff in Sack
        Thu Jul 18,10:44 AM ET

TEHRAN (Reuters) - An Iranian man, convicted for raping and killing his 16-year-old nephew, will be executed by being thrown off a cliff in a sack, a newspaper reported on Thursday.

If the unnamed man survives the fall down a rocky precipice, he will be hanged, legal experts said. He has 20 days to appeal the court sentence.

The killer was arrested last year in the northwestern city of Mashhad after "seducing" and killing his nephew, who worked as an assistant at the man's carpenter's workshop, the Norouz daily newspaper said.

Under Iran's Islamic law, applied since the 1979 revolution, pederasty, homosexuality and adultery are among a long list of crimes punishable by death.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you dident notice it in the above press realease the guy actually KILLED the nephew so the sentence according to Islam is death.
        Wether the sentence of trowing him of a cliff is islamic ?
        I havent heared about such punishment before.

Comment

Originally posted by ZII:
          If you dident notice it in the above press realease the guy actually KILLED the nephew so the sentence according to Islam is death.
          Wether the sentence of trowing him of a cliff is islamic ?
          I havent heared about such punishment before.
          If you read what I highlighted in second post, it lists the "adultery" as one of the punishable by death crimes.

Do Shias do it?

------------------

Comment

Punishment for adultery is death and for murder/killing is death per Islamic shariah. I think both Sunni, Shia ..etc share the same book (Al Quran) and the same Prophet Saw.

Comment

Working...
            X