Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do all non-muslims go to hell?

do all non-muslims go to hell?....

just a question.....does't seem fair for a good person who is not a muslim to go to hell....get my point???

in my opinion only God can answer/decide that.

[This message has been edited by heart beat (edited July 05, 2002).]
    I don't know where I am going. I don't know what for but I am making progress.

Comment

we r in no position to answer that....

------------------
      "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Only people who don't believe in god/allah go to hell.
        So if your'e an athiest, you are already booking your seat to hellway xpress.

------------------

Comment

Only people who don't believe in god/allah go to hell.
          So if your'e an athiest, you are already booking your seat to hellway xpress.

However, I'm certain to go to heaven. To you, I'm a kafir/non-believer, but to Allah, I'm the most dedicated opposition leader in His divine parliament.

Comment

Christians say those who dont believe in Jesus and only Jesus will go to hell.

Muslims say those who dont believe in Allah and only Allah will go to hell.

Wonder who is right?

Comment

well people get the religion they practice by default a person born in a muslim family becomes muslim likewise a jew or a hindu .
              i dont know whats written in the books but i feel its god who decides who is born where so. you guess

Comment

Originally posted by durango:

Muslims say those who dont believe in Allah and only Allah will go to hell.

Wonder who is right?
                We Muslims don't decide who will go to hell and who will not, ONLY Allah will decide that!

Comment

Yes we can't decide but one thing is confirmed. A person who was introduced to Islam and died as a non-muslim, will no doubt goto hell.

Not sure about the other cases.

Comment

The issue is controversial.

Some (like myself) believe that Non-Muslims can & will succeed in hereafter; and will go to heaven. According the verse
                    5.68/69:
                    Those who believe (in the Qurán), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
                    Others say that the following verse abrogated the above. And so Muslims alone are the bearer of salvation.

"And whoever desires other than Islam as a religion - never will it be accepted from Him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers." [Surah Aali-Imraan 3:85]
                    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Dear allstar,

Before your questioned is answered, i would like to ask you a question, if i may?

How do you define a non-Muslim?

&peace

------------------
                      "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

[This message has been edited by Hasnain (edited July 06, 2002).]

Comment

Kabir -- you may be born into a family holding particular religious beliefs, but you're certainly not bound to follow them, and conversions happen all the time.

Ahmad - some muslims may say that only muslims enter heaven as that is how some people wish to interpret the 2nd verse you've posted. However, (get your shoe ready for throwing folks) Islam is the Truth. Adam and Eve, by definition, were Muslim, and so was Jesus, Moses, and all their original followers and all the Prophets and their original uncorrupted followers. Islam just got revealed again and again, but with a different name and a different Messenger. What is in a name?

Thus, I would argue , that the second verse doesn't set a limit upon the first verse you've posted.

That's just the way I've analyzed it, and I'm sure there are lots of more ways to analyze it. In the end, no matter what anyone says, God alone will determine who ends up where.
                        I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Dear Brothers and sisters...

The reason why i asked you this question is so that you can use your heads a little... the best answer was that of someone above who said that Allah knows best.....

Anyways ask yourself if God is all powerful and if he created man then naturally he should,as creator, know everything about man... in that you can include mans nature.....So what is mans nature...is it to doubt...possibly...it it as the phrase goes 'seein is believin'...may i remind you that the people of moses saw all kinds of miracles yet still did not believe...Obivously if god knows about our fallacies and our limitations as human beings then surely someone that denies the presence of god or worships some other god shouldnt be punished...as harshly...

Ps.. i know about there being a desire to seek the truth in all human spirits that god has instilled within us.

Comment

By the way, did you know there are 4 Gardens in Heaven? They differ in degree according to the person's closeness to God.

Dudes, I dont know about you, but I dont mind which Garden I get thrown into, as long as I get in!

But, I'll probably end up in hell.

*Goes in the corner and sobs*
                            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Allah (swt) has given every person the ability to differentiate between right and wrong. People who were introduced to Islam and then rejected it will go to hell if they died as kafirs. The fundamental requirement to enter Paradise is believing in the Oneness of Allah and finality of the Prophethood of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam).

In the verse ahmadjee quoted, I think God (swt) is refering to the original Christians/Jews/Sabians, not the ones we have today. Islam abrogated all previous religions.

God will reward the kafirs for their good deeds in this world or alternatively their punishment in the hearafter will be decreased.

Comment

Working...
                              X