Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blasphemy and death.....as per Holy Quran or what????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasphemy and death.....as per Holy Quran or what????

http://www.dawn.com/2002/07/19/top8.htm
    Blasphemy accused sentenced to death

By Our Reporter

LAHORE, July 18: An additional sessions judge awarded death penalty and fine of Rs500,000 to an accused in a blasphemy case registered with Gawalmandi police.

Convict Anwar Kenneth, a former official of Fisheries Department, had been accused of distributing a pamphlet containing objectionable material.

He was arrested by Gawalmandi SHO Zafarullah on June 15, 2001, while distributing a pamphlet and had made a statement before the court that he had done nothing and had sent the pamphlet to the heads of Muslim states.

The prosecution produced two witnesses against him. The accused was produced on Thursday before the court under strict security measures as the sessions court had been cordoned off by heavy contingents of police. Kenneth was taken to jail right after the verdict was delivered under section 295-C PPC.

He has a legal right to file an appeal before the Lahore High Court against the verdict within next seven days.

PLEADS GUILTY: Kenneth, 45, pleaded guilty before judge Sadaqatullah Khan to writing letters to religious scholars and the UN officials in which he questioned Prophet Mohammad, court and police officials said, AFP adds.

"The accused pleaded guilty and did not contest the case," police officer Rizwan Ahmed said. "The accused admitted before the court that he wrote letters not only to local religious leaders but to UN Secretary-general (Kofi Annan)," he said.

Kenneth claimed in the letters that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) was not the last prophet of God, which is a fundamental Muslim belief, and said he had "direct interaction" with God.

Can some one shed light that where Quran mentions about capital punishments like these for offences like these. I think this guy needed a psychiatric unit of some hospital rather than what he been awarde now.

"Or r these the hollow victories for Pakistani brand Islam left over which shariat courts or mullahs of pakistan dance.""

The man is mentaly disturbed. What kind of idiot would sentance an obvious mental case to death? Pakistan !!!

Comment

The judiciary must be very careful and one-eyed in givng a verdict on such cases.

Comment

what if i come as a tourist and scream
        i am jesus i will be given death sentance?
        is it that simple to get death sentance
        for mere words?

Comment

If you are a mature person and you know that you are actually doing this to disgrace the prophet of Allah, you should be put to death. No question about it.

Why would a sensible person commit such a thing in the first place?

Originally posted by rvikz:
          for mere words?

Comment

I read one report that this "Christian" has claimed he is Jesus(Iessa). He is blasphemous in a number of faiths.

Comment

Originally posted by ramyssysIX:
              If you are a mature person and you know that you are actually doing this to disgrace the prophet of Allah, you should be put to death. No question about it.

Why would a sensible person commit such a thing in the first place?

did they arrest anyone who killed lot christians in bomb attack?

a person who did not do physical harm to anyone gets death penalty and people
              who killed or attacked christians never get caught.

Comment

Very astute!

The SCHOLARS that established beliefs & laws:

BLASPHEMERS are to be killed,

also established that:

MUSLIMS cannnot be killed for killing a non-muslim and that the muslim blood is far superior than the kafirs!

Comment

for mere words?
                  Pretty much... But you gotta be out of your mind to try it.

Comment

The people who commited that murder were never found... But if they were, they probaba;ly would have been given the death sentance aswell...

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan Ahmed:
                      for mere words?
                      Pretty much... But you gotta be out of your mind to try it.

i am sure you all live in fear about blaspahamy laws since anybody can accuse you of blashphemy. accidentaly or unknowingly
                      you may do something that will get you death penalty?

Comment

Working...
                      X