Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atheist

Are they Hatable for Muslims?
    Did prophet (PBUH) hated them and tell us Muslims to hate them?
    can't we have an atheist friend?
    does it harms to have any mental or heartly relationships(not physical) with an atheist guy/gal.
    Can we pray for him/her.
    please post religious aspects of being a close Friend of an atheist/nonbeliever.

[This message has been edited by wax (edited July 17, 2002).]

strange,

none of you have any idea?

Or

You don't care ?

Comment

I cannot say because I do not know enough about this topic. However, I did find this URL from an Iranian Atheist( who used to be a muslim) now living in London. It is an exposition of that person's beliefs. You can judge for yourself whether that is compatible with what you seek and believe.
      There is quite a bit of anti-religion stuff at that site and I did not paste a lot of that stuff.
      ******************************************** http://www.eclipse.co.uk/thoughts/azam.htm
      God is a myth and the future of humanity is in its own hands. Humans are not god's creatures but are part of nature, in which they have evolved and are living and growing. Humans and not god have created the meaning and the purpose of life. By their rational thought, their power of reason and their ability as advanced animals, humans have made the earthy life and all the good in it. God is an unknown force that its power and might is as big as human's ignorance and powerlessness. It seems as if god is the creator, the supernatural power above all humans and the universe, but all evidence and humans rational understanding indicates the contrary.

Science is not compatible with religion; in fact religion is the enemy of science. Science reveals where religion conceals. Religious dogmas can not be verified through the scientific method. Priests, rabbis and mullahs are all spreading ignorance and superstition.

All popes, rabbis and Ayat-Allahs live upon the labor of others, they earn nothing themselves. They not only contribute nothing toward happiness and the well being of mankind, but also make the life for people miserable. They trade and traffic in ignorance and fear. Giving churches, mosques and temples subsidies by permitting them to remain tax-exempt is forcing the majority of people to pay more taxes. Atheists hold that anyone has the legal right to be religious, but that the costs of religion should be born by those who practice it. All cardinals, rabbis and Ayat Allahs should earn their living by working like other people, pay tax and make real contribution to the society and the social life.

One of he worst effects of religion on human's life is religion's anti-life teaching. Religion teaches that life is of no importance; it is a preparation for death and life after death. Religion considers our lives unimportant. Life is the only thing we have and should be lived to the fullest end. We live once and should live our lives according to our will and wishes, with proud, joy and dignity. Instead of building churches, temples and mosques, we should build more parks, school; day-care centres and what we need for a healthy and happy life in this world. Instead of worshiping god, we love each other and should live for each other, without any fear of unknowns.

This life is what we have, then lets make the most of it for ourselves and for others who follow us. We believe in the potential of humanity, in the power of reason, in the value of truth and in the comfort of love. We have the potential to make the world a better place - free from fear, superstition, poverty, irrational persecution and harmful dogma. We promote freedom of the mind as the ultimate freedom. The world will be a better place without god and religion.

Religion is women's enemy. Domination of the female by male is the cornerstone of all religions. Before talking about any equality, religion should be abandoned. All rabbis and religious Jews pray god few times a day for not creating them a woman. Many sorts of Christian priests in high or low ranks molest children and violate their dignity and basic human's rights. We have witnessed what mollas and Ayat Allahs have done to women at least in the last three decades. Indeed, women and children are the first who benefit from secularism and atheism.

Sexuality is an important part of our physical being and social structure. All religions suppress human's sexual desires. Established religions deny access to free information regarding physical processes and human sexuality. Churches, mosques and temples dictate to people on what, when and where to read and what they are allowed to watch on TV or cinemas. Laws governing human relationships are patterned according to religious rules. These relationships should be based on the individual desires of the parts of the relationships. Neither the state nor the church should have any right to dictate with whom people can cohabit. This is any person's absolute freedom as an individual. Atheists are against god's control and religious dictates on people's sex life.

If the educational system is not free from the anti-women, anti-science and anti-life teachings of religions, discrimination, superstition and fear will remain strong and will be reproduced. In the lack of a complete and absolute separation of religion from the state, cruelty and irrationality of religions will control our lives. If the backward principles of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are not challenged by atheistic enlightenment, they will continue to humiliate people and spread the seed of hatred and violence.

Religions are no longer only "the opium of masses", "the heart of a heartless world" and "the soul of a soulless condition", in some parts of the world, they act as an organised body to make bloodbaths, commit atrocities, spread terrorism and practice misogyny. Secularism and atheism are the solution for ignorance, misogyny, cruelty, hatred and atrocities committed by religions. Atheists stand against god and religions and are for human dignity and freedom of mind, for truth and love, and for a better material condition of life.
      So, long live atheism! Long live atheists who try to make the world a better place to live!
      Azam Kamguian

[This message has been edited by OldLahori (edited July 18, 2002).]

Comment

Brother Wax, I wanted someone else to give a more detailed reply with a lot of references. However, since no one is taking a step, let me share my own view with you:

- I am not sure whether hate should be an appropriate form of emotions for such people, however, we should certainly consider them misguided and not trust them to seek guidance in any way. Rather, we should try to make them realize that they are wrong.

- Being a friend to any person means that you care about his well being. If you really have such a friend then the best way to be friends with him is to constantly make him realize that he is wrong.

- Having a heartly love or affection for anyone is not always in ones control. However, this would be a special case as the other person is not the one with whom can share and enrich your faith. So, you will have to be extra cautious.

- You can pray for any person in the world.

I dont have any references to these off-hand and, unfortunately, neither do I have any time to dig them up for you, but these were my personal opinions. I hope they do some good. Please correct me if I have gone wrong anywhere. Wallahu Alam!

Originally posted by wax:
        Are they Hatable for Muslims?
        Did prophet (PBUH) hated them and tell us Muslims to hate them?
        can't we have an atheist friend?
        does it harms to have any mental or heartly relationships(not physical) with an atheist guy/gal.
        Can we pray for him/her.
        please post religious aspects of being a close Friend of an atheist/nonbeliever.

[This message has been edited by wax (edited July 17, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
        X