Hai Allah Nazar Se Bachai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hai Allah Nazar Se Bachai

Haven't you heard that for the umpteenth time from Aunties, uncles and whomever bout NAZAR.

Gimme some literature on this, cuz I only see us desi folks very superstitious about this topic. Other cultures to my knowledge hardly mention it.

You know the drill short and sweet to the point and no long boring copy paste posts.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

its a form of "hasad" (jealousy)....
    and u shud ask for Allah's refuge from it....

read surah al-falaq for this....

Al-Muwatta by Imam Malik - Hadith 50.2 & 3

Yahya related to me from Malik that Humayd ibn Qays al-Makki said, "A man came to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, with the two sons of Jafar ibn Abi Talib. He said to their nursemaid, 'Why do I see them so thin?' Their nursemaid said, 'Messenger of Allah, the evil eye goes quickly to them. Nothing stops us from asking someone to make talismans (using ayats of Qur'an) for them, except that we do not know what of that would agree with you.' The Messenger of ,Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Make talismans for them. Had anything been able to precede the decree, the evil eye would precede it.' "

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abu Umama ibn Sahl ibn Hunayf said, ''Amir ibn Rabia saw Sahl ibn Hunayf doing a ghusl and said, 'I have not seen the like of what I see today, not even the skin of a maiden who has never been out of doors.' Sahl fell to the ground. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was approached and it was said, 'Messenger of Allah, can you do anything about Sahl ibn Hunayf? By Allah, he can not raise his head.' He said, 'Do you suspect anyone of it?' They said, 'We suspect Amir ibn Rabia.' "
    He continued, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, summoned Amir and was furious with him and said, 'Why does one of you kill his brother? Why did you not say, "May Allah bless you?" Do ghusl for it.' Amir washed his face, hands, elbows, knees, the end of his feet, and inside his lower garment in a vessel. Then he poured it over him, and Sahl went off with the people, and there was nothing wrong with him."

P.S. I dont know the authencity of these hadith, my source says they r from muwatta but i take no guarantee for them to be right....

------------------
    "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

well anyone else? where are all the ranting resident mulla's

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Comment

Protection from the evil eye is big in the Turkish culture, they have these evil eye sorta like sun catcher like things to hang around the house.

Comment

anything related to religion or should we transfer this to cultural notions made into religion to shed light on this subject.

------------------

Comment

Its related to religion.

Surahs An Nas and Al Falaq say something about it. I dont really know how to explain it. Kokonut, try asking your imam

Comment

koko, do a search at askimam.com , and if you dont find anything that helps, just ask, mufti doesn't bite

Comment

Are religion and culture two separate things?I think that every action is governed by religion. Religion is life ... because we Muslims believe that every action comes under direct scrutiny of Allah on the basis of the laws that he has set. A human being is answerable each and every deed. How can I say then that so and so portion of my life is beyond the boundaries of religion?

However, categorization of knowledge for the sake of seeking knowledge is another thing.

Brother Armughal and sister Girl from Quraysh have already explained the topic.

Originally posted by CocoNut:
                anything related to religion or should we transfer this to cultural notions made into religion to shed light on this subject.

[This message has been edited by ramyssysIX (edited July 17, 2002).]

Comment

Someone tell me the ways how to ward off nazar.

Make it specific with references and if possible why its done that way.

------------------

Comment

So now Jeeves has a competition... hmm...

Anyone, if not part of your religious culture this thing is part of your regional culture if you come from the subcontinent upto to Turkey on the west. Of course, you should not practive this if you are one of those who believe any non-Arab tradition to be haraam...

------------------
                    You can only paint with the colors you're given...
                    ...so get what you like and like what you have.

[This message has been edited by pakistan99 (edited July 18, 2002).]

Comment

how about non islamic traditions ?

Comment

Working...
                      X