Tell me Quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me Quick

How many rakats are there in Isha ki Namaaz.

Asalaam ualikum;

You can pray any number of Nafl Prayers, followed by four Fardh(obligatory) Rakaa't, 2 Rakaa't Sunnat-e-Maukada, Then as many Nafl prayers as you wish, followed by Three Rakaa'ts witr.

Comment

Great, Now I am even more confused.

Tell me in order like for instance for maghrib its 3 farz, 3 sunnat and 2 nafil.

Comment

Any number of Nafl (depends on you)
        4 Fardh
        2 Sunnat-e-Muakada
        Any number of Nafl (depends on you)
        3 Witr

Comment

Oh, and for Maghrib it is:
          2 Nafl
          3 fardh
          2 Sunnat-e-Muakada

Reference url for next time: http://www.iad.org/Pillars/time.html

Comment

Mahiwal (not to be disrespectful) BUT what are you talking bout.

All my life i've done nafil at the very end. And what is Sunnat e Muakada?

You arent being very helpful here. Anybody else I need help. Akif

Comment

Oh, yes after the Maghrib prayer you can pray as many Nafl as you want so it is like this:

2 Nafl(if you wish)
              3 Fardh
              2 Sunnat-e-Maukadda
              Nafl (Any Number of nafls that you wish)

It would be less confusing if you actually visited the provided link, but since you wont, I'll cut and paste for you:
              • Sunnat Muakkadah (compulsory). That is those which are emphasized by the holy Prophet (pbuh) and offered regularly by him before or after the Fard prayer.

sunnat Ghair Muakkadah (optional). That is those offered only occasionally by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Comment

Originally posted by Anchal:
                How many rakats are there in Isha ki Namaaz.
                According to what I have been told, and have witnessed most of the time
                There are 17 Rakats in Isha, and this is the way they are performed.

4 Sunnat
                4 Fard
                2 Sunnat
                2 Nafal
                3 Witr
                2 Nafal

------------------
                TusaaN kooN maaN WatanaaN da, AsaaN haaN yaar Pardesi.

Comment

Don that made a lot of sense, Now if you could also please post the orders of all namazain that would help.

Comment

Fajar

2 sunnat (highly recommended to pray them under all ciscumstances according to a hadith)
                    2 farz

Zuhr

4 sunnat
                    4 farz
                    2 sunnat
                    2 nafal

asar

4 sunnat (ghair muakkida)
                    4 farz

maghrib

3 farz
                    2 sunnat
                    2 nafal

Isha

4 sunnat (gheir muakkida)
                    4 farz
                    2 sunnat
                    2 nafal
                    3 witar
                    2 nafal

Your prayer will still be valid if you offer farz and witar only, however, there is a great reward for those sunnat which are not ghair muakkida.

There is no such thing are you can offer as many nafal in a prayer as you want. Ofcourse you can, but those nafal would not be included in the namaaz and would be considered a nafli ibaadat only.

Comment

nafal prayers r something that is entirely ur wish to pray or not to pray....
                      there is no fixed amount of nafal prayer before or after any prayer....
                      pray as much as u find easy for u, and if u dont pry any (of the nafal prayers) u wont be questioned....

------------------
                      "Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty; establish our feet firmly and help us against those that resist faith." Quran(3:147)
                      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

I always thought Asr was just the four farz. I didn't realise their was Sunnat...what is Ghair Muakkida?

Comment

Originally posted by s_H_e_I_k_H:
                          I always thought Asr was just the four farz. I didn't realise their was Sunnat...what is Ghair Muakkida?
                          Sunnat Muakkadah (compulsory). That is those which are emphasized by the holy Prophet (pbuh) and offered regularly by him before or after the Fard prayer.

Sunnat Ghair Muakkadah (optional). That is those offered only occasionally by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
                          "When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Way becomes clear." - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by sallu123:
                            Sunnat Muakkadah (compulsory). That is those which are emphasized by the holy Prophet (pbuh) and offered regularly by him before or after the Fard prayer.

Sunnat Ghair Muakkadah (optional). That is those offered only occasionally by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
                            Oh Allah, you took over twenty years to deliver the Qur'an and it's so long .. why oh why did you not tell us all about these sunnat-e-muakkada thingies?

JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Why, for the same reason as the following, dear PakistaniAbroad:
                              • 002.143 : Thus, have We made of you an Ummat justly balanced, that ye might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness over yourselves; and We appointed the Qibla to which thou wast used, only to test those who followed the Messenger from those who would turn on their heels (From the Faith). Indeed it was (A change) momentous, except to those guided by Allah. And never would Allah Make your faith of no effect. For Allah is to all people Most surely full of kindness, Most Merciful.

Comment

Working...
                              X